84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

84 22r carb problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
84 22r carb problems

Was running the stock carb and was having problems with the truck running pig rich and dumping fuel or restricting air (choke getting stuck on). It would also idle low and high, at times I would have to kick the throttle to keep it from dying and other times it would idle fine. I'm a busy guy but like to do my own repairs so I bought a reman carb and threw it on and it was running great idling nice maybe a tad high so I took it for a spin and noticed some hesitation on acceleration. After driving a bit it was idling really high. I was thinking vacuum leak so i sprayed just about everywhere with carb cleaner and didnt hear any change in idle.

Only thing I could think of is stupid oreilly carb had an extra vacuum port on the drivers side close to the fuel inlet just next to the other vacuum hose. I left it plugged and figured it'd be fine if I left the plug on it. Any ideas?
can upload pics if that helps
Old 08-24-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cap everything off except the two ports that go to your distributor. I'll try to dig up the pictures from pirate4x4 and post them here