Old 02-14-2018, 09:24 AM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by NYHumpinUtah
Well, mine are 2" lift..:
Thank you, Sir!
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 AM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Welcome Rad,
So, any info on my question about the diameter of the leaf spring locating pin? I assume the pin diameters are standard size, being around .550 diameter. So why is my axle pad .625 diameter? Is there supposed to be that much play? BTW, my axle pads are a bit out of round, I thinking because the pins were so much smaller then the hole that over the 33 years they got elongated Maybe there are bushings available for this?
Old 02-15-2018, 05:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
Guys, since you say you got OME's and we all could use more info, mind sharing which ones you got, for those of us who want NO or minimal lift?
Here's where I got mine

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/toyot...ion-parts.html
Old 02-15-2018, 07:34 AM

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
I also went with the OME 2" front leaf springs CS008FA/B, ordered from Low Range Offroad. I had ordered the OEM height Toyota front shackles but they were out of stock and i got impatient so i called them up and went with the OME shackles (OMEGS4). I hope to have it done by this weekend but you know how that goes I bought all new bushings for the front end and also converting over to power steering so i have been taking my time. My ride was super rough and i was bouncing around all over the place before so i do hope it helps. I will try to post some pics when done and let you know if i felt a difference.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Abraham Contreras
I also went with the OME 2" front leaf springs CS008FA/B, ordered from Low Range Offroad. I had ordered the OEM height Toyota front shackles but they were out of stock and i got impatient so i called them up and went with the OME shackles (OMEGS4). I hope to have it done by this weekend but you know how that goes I bought all new bushings for the front end and also converting over to power steering so i have been taking my time. My ride was super rough and i was bouncing around all over the place before so i do hope it helps. I will try to post some pics when done and let you know if i felt a difference.
Good deal, I went with Trail Gear greasable shackles 5-1/2 to start.
I like working with Low Range off Road, they are easy are close.................but tax.......ugah Talk to Goose, he's a nice guy, tell him I said hello
Power steeling? Where did you pick up a power steering unit? Rare............

Last edited by NYHumpinUtah; 02-15-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:37 AM

Good deal, I went with Trail Gear greasable shackles 5-1/2 to start.
I like working with Low Range off Road, they are easy are close.................but tax.......ugah Talk to Goose, he's a nice guy, tell him I said hello
Power steeling? Where did you pick up a power steering unit? Rare............
Actually Goose did help me out, he was very helpful and got my orders shipped out right away. If i ever talk to him again ill make sure to say hi for you. As for the power steering, i was able to get the pump, brackets and tensioner from a local pick a part. I got lucky and found the steering box for that year after posting a wanted ad on craigslist. The guy also through in the original reservoir and cooler for that year, usually you can only find the reservoir and cooler for the 85 and up years. I know Hi-steer is the way to go but i figure some power steering is better than none haha
Old 02-15-2018, 04:37 PM

Abraham,
I'm curious to see how the leafs mount up on the front both ends. Please take a few pics, might help me down the road. A little different, (mine's a 84) but uses the same leafs.
I want to use the trail gear greaseable bolts on both ends but not sure if that's going to work on the front frame mount, we'll see. They are monster 18mm diameter bolts. The back end should be fine, I think.You just doing the front leafs?
Good luck
Old 02-15-2018, 09:06 PM

I thought i had some pictures saved on my phone but i can take some for you tomorrow. Are you referring to the Front Pin kit, i believe its what they call it? I never checked if you could get these greasable. I know the OME shackles i got are greasable. Yes, i am only doing the fronts for now. Hopefully rears soon

Old 02-16-2018, 08:33 AM

Yeah, that's the one. What's the diameter of the shank on that, I assume that the stock pin.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:52 PM

Yeah, that's the one. What's the diameter of the shank on that, I assume that the stock pin.
I didnt realize when you were asking about the shank size that i already had the two front pins installed so i couldn't get an exact measurement. However, i'm pretty sure its about the same length as the two brackets really close to 70mm. Unless this wasn't the measurement that you wanted?

I finally finished installing the leaf springs and man it was such a PITA to get the shackles on for me Then again i kept trying to rush everything instead of reading the FSM.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow looks clean! Jealous of the palm trees outside your house too. Makes it easier to do stuff in nice weather haha
Old 02-17-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 95yoda
Wow looks clean! Jealous of the palm trees outside your house too. Makes it easier to do stuff in nice weather haha
haha yes today’s weather was amazing and made working on my truck that much better
Old 02-17-2018, 07:09 PM

Clean??? I'll say, that is like new WOW Nice job
The measurement I was looking for was the diameter of the pin but it's ok. I see you used all the stock shackles and pins. I'm going a different way using TG 5-1/2 shackles and the 18mm greaseable bolts.
Did you get to drive it around yet? How does it ride now with those Old Man Emu's in there.
I'm a long way off for the front end, still working on rebuilding the rear. Yeah, looks like nice weather where you are, we're expecting SNOW Monday................
Ps, get some lighter fluid and take them stickers off the springs...............just saying..........

Last edited by NYHumpinUtah; 02-17-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:29 PM

Hey 95yota
You going to get yours that clean? Just went back to look at your pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,man you got work to do
Old 02-17-2018, 08:03 PM

Abraham
So what was so hard to get the shackles in? Don't you just hang the front and then the back and then raise the axle to the springs and then bolt them up?
Old 02-17-2018, 08:36 PM

Abraham
So what was so hard to get the shackles in? Don't you just hang the front and then the back and then raise the axle to the springs and then bolt them up?
i made the mistake of bolting up the Ubolts before getting the rear shackles on. I struggled there for a while until I went back and read in the FSM that the front pin and rear shackles get put on first then you bolt up the Ubolts. I was struggling with the shackles and bushings coming off the opposite end
Old 02-18-2018, 09:04 AM

Did you get to drive it around yet? How does it ride now with those Old Man Emu's in there?
Old 02-18-2018, 02:44 PM

Hey 95yota
You going to get yours that clean? Just went back to look at your pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,man you got work to do
haha yeah I have plenty to do. The undercarriage will never be as clean as a Socal truck but my interior is pristine did you see it? And I have the pretty rare factory chrome wheels and factory A.C. and p/s so it's a good base to work with haha
Old 02-18-2018, 05:00 PM

haha yeah I have plenty to do. The undercarriage will never be as clean as a Socal truck but my interior is pristine did you see it? And I have the pretty rare factory chrome wheels and factory A.C. and p/s so it's a good base to work with haha
I've started, loooong way to go. And the snow is coming..........I'll send it your way...........

Where's a pic of your truck?

Last edited by NYHumpinUtah; 02-18-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:44 PM

I've started, loooong way to go. And the snow is coming..........I'll send it your way...........

Where's a pic of your truck?
look in the build thread section my thread is right near the top. Bunch of pics start on page one

and yeah you have it torn down pretty well!

Quick Reply: Take a look at my leaf springs.