Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Need a comfortable seat to save my back!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Thanks for the reminder on the 50% off sale @ p n p
Old 08-31-2011, 11:57 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ocdropzone
Thanks for the reminder on the 50% off sale @ p n p
YEP, ....and thanks for your links! I bookmarked them all! lol.

Found lots of Prelude seats on Ebay, CL, .....people want like 175-300$ FOR THEM, ...are they sniffing glue???????? Why, when I can pay 75$ each or 125$ for the pair of 2005 Scion TC seats, would I pay 300$ for 20+YR. OLD SEATS???? lol.

Hey, ....by any chance, would you know if the 95 4Runner I found, ...if the seats would work fine in my 87 with lil modification? I found some, they're cherry, ..... so I don't wanna pass up on seats for cheap if ya know what I mean? I don't even care about the 50%, cuz the stupid yard whores that get there every morning at 6am and rape the place usually get EVERY third member, etc., etc., etc.,....and then I get LEFTOVERS! LOL
Old 08-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
YEP, ....and thanks for your links! I bookmarked them all! lol.

Found lots of Prelude seats on Ebay, CL, .....people want like 175-300$ FOR THEM, ...are they sniffing glue???????? Why, when I can pay 75$ each or 125$ for the pair of 2005 Scion TC seats, would I pay 300$ for 20+YR. OLD SEATS???? lol.

Hey, ....by any chance, would you know if the 95 4Runner I found, ...if the seats would work fine in my 87 with lil modification? I found some, they're cherry, ..... so I don't wanna pass up on seats for cheap if ya know what I mean? I don't even care about the 50%, cuz the stupid yard whores that get there every morning at 6am and rape the place usually get EVERY third member, etc., etc., etc.,....and then I get LEFTOVERS! LOL
i think the 95 4runner seats would fit fine...they would be nice and comfortable.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ended up going with prelude seats in mine, we have a big Honda used parts place that is pretty nice, and good prices. These are near MINT for 50ea

Bummer they want $35 per seatbelt! Someone find me some black late 80s prelude seatbelts ( i also need a driver's seat handle!)

I have a set of tan bmw 3 series seats that I just put up for sale for $125.. They would work in a 4runner or 2nd gen pickup, but they just barely take up too much space in a 1st gen pickup..

And the BMW seats for sale:
Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Originally Posted by neockder
Bummer they want $35 per seatbelt! Someone find me some black late 80s prelude seatbelts ( i also need a driver's seat handle!)
why not just used the stock seat belts? just remove the Honda seat belt latch....
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 PM

i think the 95 4runner seats would fit fine...they would be nice and comfortable.
Yeah, ..... unfortunately, they weren't comfortable for me. They are CLOSE to bolting right in, lil bit of oblong action on the holes with a step bit.... they fit. but they are DEFINITELY not the same, ergonomically. The wings, for one, travel up higher on the back in the 90+ runners... and no matter how much I adjusted them outward(the wings), they pinched on my ribs and I felt pain within 30 minutes of driving. So I put my seat back in, until I could find my alternative..... I wound up grabbing 2 Scion TC seats, cherry condition, for 100$ the pair. I will most likely be doing this with Scuba, so we'll make it work.... Lil '' time! lol. Nothing major, but they definitely need to have my bracket mounting feet welded on to the Scion seat rails, ya know?

why not just used the stock seat belts? just remove the Honda seat belt latch....
I was thinking the same thing... and I'll be doing so to my Scion TC seats, leaving my original buckle latch on the frame, rather than the seat.

I could see wanting the Prelude belts, though...they're probably going to actually retract, unlike our old bugger trucks! lol.

The prelude seats look REALLY nice, Man! Enjoy the comfort!

PS> I tried them out at the Pick-your-Part, ..... they just weren't gonna do it for me, comfort wise, and the tracks were quite a bit different in the mounting arena. I can see how they would work, but I'm just too wide in the rib/shoulders, to handle such aggressive Bucket wings!(Hey, that sounds funny<<< lol)
Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 PM

Interior is going to be all black, with a touch of maybe silver or tan, black carpets, headline, door cards, and seatbelts

And the stock female belt piece is so nicely tucked in and already mounted..

I will most likely be doing this with Scuba, so we'll make it work.... Lil '' time! lol. Nothing major, but they definitely need to have my bracket mounting feet welded on to the Scion seat rails, ya know?

I was thinking the same thing... and I'll be doing so to my Scion TC seats, leaving my original buckle latch on the frame, rather than the seat.

I could see wanting the Prelude belts, though...they're probably going to actually retract, unlike our old bugger trucks! lol.

The prelude seats look REALLY nice, Man! Enjoy the comfort!

PS> I tried them out at the Pick-your-Part, ..... they just weren't gonna do it for me, comfort wise, and the tracks were quite a bit different in the mounting arena. I can see how they would work, but I'm just too wide in the rib/shoulders, to handle such aggressive Bucket wings!(Hey, that sounds funny<<< lol)
Nice! post some pics.

There's a fix for that seatbelt issue.. you have to remove the belt from the spool, and wind the spring back up, then put the belt back on. Cleaning the belt thoroughly will also help. I'm sure I can find a DIY for ya if needed.

Yeah, they're not for all people. I absolutely love the bolsters, and the driver's side adjusts tightness. I have a longer torso and love that the back doesn't go all the way up. Here's my favorite seats, had them in a Grand Cherokee and loved em so much found a set for my CJ. Rare to come by though.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Fossilized
Staff

WTH?? They are retractable???
Old 09-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Thats what I did with my Accord seats.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM

OCD, hahahaha. Yeah, I know... I just toss mine in the back, lol. I have it DOWN, HOMIE! lol... Ok, that's ridiculous, acting like that's an accomplishment, hahah. But hey, at least I can say that I've not shut my belt in my door for MONTHS! I know, eh? lol.

Neockder, ..... those seats are REALLY SICK! I sat in some at a yard, and WOW, ..... they would not have fit, too wide, tall, too much drama to get them in. But WOW, indeed, ....very comfy! Jeep? hahaha. Now I KNOW you're a 'take no crap' kinda dude! lol. Jk, I'm not a hater.... don't understand that, really, but either way, those seats look VERY COMFY AS WELL!

I will check on that belt spring theory! If you have the link, great. If not, that's cool... I wouldn't expect you to spend time looking for it for me. I'm sure it's out there. Far as my Scion TC seats... I will be getting covers for them. I want them to last. I also want them as comfy as possible, even though they are already.

PS> Gonna get pics today, just been busy! Sorry, lol. I also have to shampoo my rig out really well! Looks really clean, but IT'S NOT! Lol.