Notices
Misc Stuff (Vehicle Related) Interior, exterior, audio, anything that does not fit into the above categories

FS[PacNorWest]: 2nd Gen 4Runner Coastal Offroad Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 11:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2nd Gen 4Runner Coastal Offroad Rear Bumper

For Sale: One 2nd Gen 4Runner Coastal Offroad rear bumper COMPLETELY WELDED from a kit. All hardware included.

I am professional welder / fabricator and a client brought me this kit to weld and finish for him. Unfortunately, he totally ditched me with this bumper some months ago. He has been completely non responsive to all attempts to contact him so according to the contract he signed, the bumper is now my property to sell in an attempt to recoup my costs and lost wages.

The bumper was built piece by piece on the clients 1995 4Runner for fitment. That means there is a slight possibility that it may need some fine adjustment if the alignment of your frame / panels differs from his.

It is in really good shape, but in my opinion, could use a little more fine sanding depending on what you are looking for.

I figured since this community has been so good to me I would list it here first and see if there are any folks interested.

I am asking $725 which is exactly what he owes me. Like I said, just trying to get my hard earned money somehow.

The kit usually retails for $485 plus $125 in shipping. That would make this one a cost of $115 for the welding and finishing with no wait time. As a professional welder, I'd say that is a screaming deal.

That said, I'm open to any reasonable offer. I would also be willing to trade / partial trade for parts. I'm in need of some 4.88 thirds for my 83 pickup for example. Worst I can do is say no.

Here is a link for the kit listed on Coastal Offroad's website: https://www.coastaloffroad.com/produ...v=8b5d52cf2cf3

The bumper is located in Oakland, CA and is available for local pickup or I may be able to deliver depending on where you are located.

I will also be at the Pacific Mountain Cruisers Toyota swap meet in Petaluma on Saturday so could deliver it there. If it's not sold before Saturday it will be there for sale.

Without further ado... Here are some photos:

If you have interest or concerns about my welding abilities / experience feel free to check out my instagram: @4eyesfab or website: www.4eyesfab.com (although I will admit the instagram is much more current).

Thanks!

Last edited by FourEyes; 07-11-2019 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:46 PM

Literally any semi-reasonable offer will be accepted I just need to get this out of my shop.
The following users liked this post:
orrinrocks (08-13-2020)
Old 08-29-2019, 04:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Pm sent
Old 08-13-2020, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper

I know this post is old...but do you still have this? If not, do you ever build them? I love the bumper, but no welding skills.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by orrinrocks
I know this post is old...but do you still have this? If not, do you ever build them? I love the bumper, but no welding skills.
Hello!
Nah, I sold it to Yotard awhile back. I haven't built another one since. I would be open to considering building another but I would only want to do it for someone who's local because I would need to build it on the truck. Also shipping the completed bumper would be a pain and I imagine really expensive. I see that you're located in Texas so that probably wouldn't work out. I would recommend checking with some local welder/fabricators in your area, show them the pictures on Coastal Offroad's website, and see if any would be willing to give it a shot. If you are considering a front bumper also, I will warn you, The guy who originally hired me to build this had wanted both a front and a rear. There was a part missing from the front one so while he waited for that he had me build the rear. When I got to the front one, it did not fit his truck. This was awhile ago but if I recall correctly it had something to do with the front crossmember on his A/C equipped truck getting in the way. He took it back and was supposed to consult with Coastal Offroad but then I never heard from him again so I don't know what Coastal Offroad had to say about it.

Hope this is helpful,

Sam
Old 08-13-2020, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I gotta find me a local fab guy. Any off-roader worth his salt needs one.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:57 PM

No problem. Happy to be helpful.

Regards,

Sam
Old 08-14-2020, 05:39 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by FourEyes
No problem. Happy to be helpful.

Regards,

Sam
Nice looking rear bumper. Would be cool if they made one for a 1st gen 4Runner w/ a tire carrier.

Thanks,