Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[MidWest]: I have for sale one of the rrarest of the rare. 1979 toyota limited edition 4x4.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 01:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have for sale one of the rrarest of the rare. 1979 toyota limited edition 4x4.

Hello yotatech folks. Long time no chat. I have been gone for a bit but when it came to people that might have an interest in a rare older Toyota i thought this would be a great place to start. So as some of you reading this remember i used to sell used Toyota parts on here. Well i still sell parts but had to dial it back a bit due to lack of time. The person i work for has a very unique vehicle he'd like to sell. It is a 1979 Toyota limited edition. It is in great condition for the age and one heck of a piece of Toyota history. I'll give you some of the basics of the truck and go from there. It has been lifted with old school downey stuff but if the buyer (remember that part where i said i still sell and distmantle old toyotas) wants it like "stock" again? I have the parts to provide that too. In fact if the buyer wants all the stuff back to stock i can include the parts in the sale to do so. The axles are stuffed with 5.29 gears and locked front and rear. detroit in the back and a true trac in the front. Title is clean and clear in the owners name. I have the vehicle in High Ridge, mo. 63049. I will consider delivering within reason if that helps with the sale for a fee. No you cant buy it and drive it. The fuel system has been treated and the rest of the vehicle will absolutely need a "once over" before even thinking about taking this on the road. The old 35" tires on it will hold air for some time but they are not road worthy. Off road? air up have fun who knows how long they will last. There is some minimal rust on the drivers side bed that's in the pics. It is enough that it is worth noting. This is not a show truck or restored but in it's unrestored condition. leave it this way and check out the patina or strip it down and return it to it's original glory. This truck has been sitting in the shop for some time now and he is ready to sell it. I've looked at it for years now and would love to restore it but i have more projects than i should. The interior is complete and with the exception of some holes in the drivers seat looks as it did but with a little extra dust. The old 20r has been treated for storage as well along with the transmission tcase and diffs. So hopefully that sums it up. I'll include some pics and feel free to message me if you're serious. I ask please don't waste time if your not interested. I'm not making money or gaining from this sale just helping out a friend. I honestly hate to see it go. My price will be a bit dependent on what all goes with the truck with the sale. I'm going to cast a wide net to include all the options that can go with the truck when sold. Asking price is $10,000.00-$15,000.00. Thanks for checking out my post hope it goes to a good home. I'd love to see the Dirt Every Day guys coke pick it up or even the Roadkill guys (even though i think they would destroy it )

So in summary for those of you that didn't want to read my lengthy post
FOR SALE: 1979 Toyota Limited Edition pickup
PRICE:$10,000-$15,000 depending on what is included in the sale.
The following users liked this post:
maxvp01 (03-08-2021)
Old 11-19-2019, 03:49 AM

bump.........
Old 11-23-2019, 11:40 AM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
Welcome back!

I am not in the market to buy this truck, but I am curious.

What limited edition number is it? I believe that there were only 1089 Limited Edition trucks.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by old87yota
Welcome back!

I am not in the market to buy this truck, but I am curious.

What limited edition number is it? I believe that there were only 1089 Limited Edition trucks.

i'll have to look next time im in the shop. i should have looked at that lol. I'm out of town for the next week folks so if i dont get back and reply right away that'd be the reason. happy thanksgiving.
The following users liked this post:
old87yota (11-27-2019)
Old 12-08-2019, 06:00 AM

from what i can tell the truck is supposed to be number 137. the owner isn't sure as he doesn't have the original plates that came with it. Apparently you can look it up through the dealer via the VIN. if any one is interested i can give the VIN out so they can verify.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:07 AM

Also, for those that are thinking this is a pretty cool truck, it's a Winnebago conversion from the dealer! Yeah kinda like a pre-Trekker.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:54 AM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Does anyone know what shop in High Ridge Mighty Mouse works out of? I’d love to come take a look at this one
Old 02-08-2020, 11:03 AM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Mightymouse, I am very interested and have sent you a pm
Old 03-29-2020, 05:42 AM

pm's replied. i seriously need this corona crap to stop.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Messaged you
Old 02-14-2021, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Budski
Messaged you
Got your message. i'm not able to snap any extra pics at this time. Hope your restore ends up working out.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:15 AM

BTW this little gem of a truck is still for sale. I'd be willing to deliver for the right deal.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but what makes it a special edition? We bought a brand new '80 in late '79 and it looked just like this but it was an SR5. Same color and stripes, same chrome bumper, same SR5 steering wheel, same SR5 dash, same chrome vents behind the doors. The only difference is ours like all of them from the factory had a bench seat with cloth inserts in a plaid pattern. Genuinely curious and not bashing your truck. This is what an SR5 interior in black would have looked like. Any links to what the Winnebego conversion trucks were all about?

Last edited by westfalia; 01-13-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by westfalia
Don't take this the wrong way, but what makes it a special edition? We bought a brand new '80 in late '79 and it looked just like this but it was an SR5. Same color and stripes, same chrome bumper, same SR5 steering wheel, same SR5 dash, same chrome vents behind the doors. The only difference is ours like all of them from the factory had a bench seat with cloth inserts in a plaid pattern. Genuinely curious and not bashing your truck. This is what an SR5 interior in black would have looked like. Any links to what the Winnebego conversion trucks were all about?
I didn't give the special edition tag Toyota did. what all that entails is likely related to the Winnebago conversion, and the fact they were only released one per dealer at the time. If you're interested in buying it you are more than welcome to contact me and we can speak further. Do some research if you are interested in purchasing it and get back to me. I do appreciate the attempt to educate me on what your truck looks like with your pic and all but please look into my past posts and what i have been involved with before you try and do so.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:51 AM

One final bump before this old truck gets posted on ebay later this year. I had held out hope that it would sell to one of the folks on this site but as time has past it has et to gain some traction here. If any of you fine folks want it feel free to text me at (three one four) nine seven four four four three zero. i'd love to let this truck go to a good home so make me an offer. Thanks folks, Aaron
Old 06-01-2022, 04:50 PM

Received 805 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by mightymouse
One final bump before this old truck gets posted on ebay later this year. I had held out hope that it would sell to one of the folks on this site but as time has past it has et to gain some traction here. If any of you fine folks want it feel free to text me at (three one four) nine seven four four four three zero. i'd love to let this truck go to a good home so make me an offer. Thanks folks, Aaron
yeah, the asking price is probably the reason it still hasn't sold. it isn't road worthy, and most folks on yotatech looking for a project (even a rare one) aren't looking to put down $15 K for one. good luck, though. it is somewhat unique.

rather than ebay, you should contact BaT (bring-a-trailer). better audience there than the ebay crowd. you'd probably get closer to what it really is worth at BaT.