Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[MidWest]: 1988 Toyota Mini Slammer, WI. (west coast truck)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 Toyota Mini Slammer, WI. (west coast truck)

I am considering selling my 1988 Toyota pickup. It is 2wd with a 4 speed manual trans that gets 28-30 mpg on the highway. It has the 22r 4cylinder motor and it runs awesome. It has MANUAL steering. The truck is rust free, it came from Washington 2 years ago and gets parked in my garage on jackstands during the winter months. The frame is still painted black.

I installed Belltech drop spindles, Belltech lowering shocks, adjusted the torsion bars, flipped the balljoints, installed blocks in the back, and removed a leaf out the pack. It has a very nice stance. Basically, the truck is ready for paint, there are no dents in the truck and zero rust on the frame and suspension components.

Passenger side windshield has a crack out of drivers view.

When I purchased the truck, I replaced the entire cooling system as it was original to the truck. I installed a new water pump, thermostat, and radiator. The cooling system was flushed as well.

Last year I installed a new factory Aisin clutch and Flywheel.

It has like new take-off Mitsubishi Eclipse wheels and tires, 18" Goodyear Eagle RSA tires. I also had Olson Tire perform a front end alignment after I lowered the truck.

I have owned Toyota's all my life and I know what I have here, so no tire kickers. If you do not have cash in hand, I will do the test drive. If you do, I'm going with .

The body has over 200k miles on it, the motor was rebuilt at some point and runs well. It does NOT burn oil or use coolant. I installed new brakes pads and rotors last year.

The truck is lowered and rides like a lowered truck does, its stiff and I am always on the lookout for potholes. Please don't expect a Cadillac like ride. It does ride nice for a static dropped mini though.

The bed has a LINE-X spray-in bedliner.

In a nutshell, it needs paint prep and paint along with your personal touches. It is a cool little truck that turns heads. This is a 25 year old truck so it is not perfect, please don't expect it to be. There is no warranty with this truck.

The price is $3500 cash, which is extremely fair considering its condition and parts installed. I will only consider trades if you happen to have a 1984-1995 Toyota 4-Runner of equal condition with the 22r/re motor and manual transmission.

Please only call or text if you are serious, very serious. I have zero time for flakes and tire kickers. The title is clear and in my name.

Thanks, Steve
seven one five 56O-85 nine nine
Attached Thumbnails 1988 Toyota Mini Slammer, WI.  (west coast truck)-front-done..jpg  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 AM

very nice truck, good luck with sale
Old 06-15-2013, 09:43 AM

New bottom dollar price to help out with gas.

$3300, the fuel tank will also be full.