Notices
Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members Lets hear it, we want feedback on your transactions, good or bad

WolfpackTLC

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r0cky
I can't speak for Jeremy or Brian, but I definitely give you points for having the courage to keep in touch with them and post here, as opposed to running away fromo the issue. I sent you a PM.

There is no reason to hate yourself! And please, don't sell drugs or kill anyone (including yourself!).
I'm not asking for, nor do I expect " points ".

All I want is for things to be ok. To go back the way they were.

I just wish I could make them right. Right NOW.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

Hang in there, Jason.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WolfpackTLC
I'd sell drugs and kill people just to help my dad (first) and pay back Jeremy and Brian.

They're both two really GREAT people, with BIG hearts. And I feel like I've inadvertently and unintentionally screwed them.

And I HATE myself for that.
ever thought of selling the supra and the cruiser on ebay, get that money, take about $1000 of it and buy a beater to drive around, and maybe pick up a job at night waiting tables? i would also suggest selling the HK and any other guns you have. get them away from you when you're in this type of mental situation. waiting tables - working at night keeps you from just sitting around, and working at a decent steakhouse-type place, you can make an average of $10-12 per hour during the week and $15 to over $20 per hour on Friday and Saturday nights - Saturday Doubles ROCK. that would get you away from your miseries and your HK. it would get your mind off your troubles with family, friends, etc. it would allow you to earn approx $500-$800 per week (working 30-40 hrs per week) in extra money that could go a long way to helping your dad and your situation. those jobs are fairly easy to come by, and as long as you can keep up mentally and physically, then it's good money.

another thing... i don't know how religious you are, but pick up a bible when you think of suicide. God will speak to you - all you have to do is listen. Matthew 21:22 is a good start...

Last edited by bamachem; 09-15-2005 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
ever thought of selling the supra and the cruiser on ebay, get that money, take about $1000 of it and buy a beater to drive around, and maybe pick up a job at night waiting tables? i would also suggest selling the HK and any other guns you have. get them away from you when you're in this type of mental situation. waiting tables - working at night keeps you from just sitting around, and working at a decent steakhouse-type place, you can make an average of $10-12 per hour during the week and $15 to over $20 per hour on Friday and Saturday nights - Saturday Doubles ROCK. that would get you away from your miseries and your HK. it would get your mind off your troubles with family, friends, etc. it would allow you to earn approx $500-$800 per week (working 30-40 hrs per week) in extra money that could go a long way to helping your dad and your situation. those jobs are fairly easy to come by, and as long as you can keep up mentally and physically, then it's good money.

another thing... i don't know how religious you are, but pick up a bible when you think of suicide. God will speak to you - all you have to do is listen. Matthew 21:22 is a good start...
Andy-

I've had the Supra on ebay twice... both times... dead beat bidders... same went w/ the LC..... Planning on listing BOTH in Autotrader soon. I can't bring myself to sell the HK....

Already eyeballing another bartending job on the side.

Thanks for the advice.

J
Old 09-15-2005, 04:51 AM

Andy-

I've had the Supra on ebay twice... both times... dead beat bidders... same went w/ the LC..... Planning on listing BOTH in Autotrader soon. I can't bring myself to sell the HK....

Already eyeballing another bartending job on the side.

Thanks for the advice.

J
Jason,

I'll help you sell the Cruza thru the TLCA if you would like some help. Ebay sucks IMO for selling cars as you have found out. Keep the communications open like you are and things will work themselves out.

PM me if you would like some help in this area. Do all I can do for ya'.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by 82trekker
Jason,

I'll help you sell the Cruza thru the TLCA if you would like some help. Ebay sucks IMO for selling cars as you have found out. Keep the communications open like you are and things will work themselves out.

PM me if you would like some help in this area. Do all I can do for ya'.
The LC needs a new front d-shaft, ABS sensor ring for the right birf, I need to fix the air lines that were torn when the d-shaft let go (no ARB supply right now) and I've got to replace a bad 02 sensor. LOT'S of work now before it's in saleable condition. I've basically neglected both my cars.

The Supra needs an oil change, plugs, a better tune (it's barfing out fuel and 2 ft long flames w/ each shift @ WOT), a bit of body work from where I pulled off the side skirts and rear finishers, some minor interior fixes from where I dyed the interior carpet black, and a better traction system. As it stands, when boost hits, it'll overwhelm the stock traction system like it's not even there. 750rwhp owns the stock Toyota tranny.

It's hard to find people that want to buy project vehicles. Unfortunately, I've got too much invested between the two of them to accept a loss.
<sigh>
Old 09-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Contributing Member

here it is, I might be able to help you sell your rides. The supra would probably get a lot of attetnion around here as well as the LC. IF you would like some help---and I am not that far away, drop me a line. I have a good track record selling vehicles.

Take care
Old 09-15-2005, 05:15 AM
Banned

...I've had the Supra on ebay twice... both times... dead beat bidders... same went w/ the LC..... Planning on listing BOTH in Autotrader soon. I can't bring myself to sell the HK....

Already eyeballing another bartending job on the side...

...It's hard to find people that want to buy project vehicles. Unfortunately, I've got too much invested between the two of them to accept a loss.<sigh>

i understand some of this... but at the same time, you're saying that you're giving every extra penny to your father's cause and that you'd kill yourself or others to help.

you SAY that your Father is your #1 priority, you're going into debt, you're suicidal and need counseling, yet you just can't part with gun?!?

guess what... selling vehicles for less that what you have invested is called the FACTS OF LIFE and the money that you get is still money to pay your current debts AND still help your father. you don't need a HK or any other guns at this point in your life. the HK itself would sell for enough to pay brian off. hell, give it to him and i'll buy it from him so you get the debt paid and he get's the money that he needs.

please tell me that you don't have car payments on the LC and the project supra... you don't neglect a LC that you owe money on and you certainly don't build a race car when you're making payments on it...

frankly, there's MUCH more that you COULD do in your situation, but right now you have chosen NOT too. until you are selling your toys, i don't consider your situation "desperate" no matter how you portray it and/or how many times you say it.

i do feel sorry for you. i feel sorry for you in so much that you seem to be going thru a very tough time, and instead of doing everything you can to do the right things, you are doing everything that you can - without taking a personal hit or inconveniencing yourself. there's a difference in what you say and what your actions are, yet again...

it's time you stepped up to the plate and became a man.

sell the unnecessary toys. do what you can to right the wrongs that you have caused and work the extra hours to keep busy and make extra money to help your dad. you don't need a bunch of professional series cameras and lenses, a HK, a TT supra w/ 750 HP, and a lifted LC that's been neglected and get's 9 MPG. sell the supra on a supra board, the LC on mud, the extra camera stuff on ebay, and give the HK to brian. take the money from the supra and pay off jeremy and use two-thousand or so and get a little DEPENDABLE, 15-year old honda to get you where you need to go. take the money from the LC and pay off your other debts including your rent. whatever is left from that, give to your father and set up payments on the treatment debt from earlier. from there, work work work and pay them off.

Last edited by bamachem; 09-15-2005 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:17 AM
Contributing Member

Jeremy very selflishly gave to me when I needed it. For that I owe him a HUGE emotional and small ($600 or so) $$$ debt.

im assuming selfishly wasnt the word you were going for

the money has never been the problem, the problem was that you would CONSTANTLY promise to pay something then never come up with the money. As stated earlier its not that hard to pick up a night time job for a couple nights a week if you really CARED or WANTED to pay back the money. And to top things off while you still owed me much more than $600 last fall ( i believe it was approaching $2000 at the time ) you thought it was perfectly fine to go buy that supra. Car payments are cool, buy paying your friends back isnt. That bugged me beyond human comprehension, but i wouldnt tell you that then b/c i loved the car too, besides the hideous body kit it had at the time

all this talk of suicide is a weak easy way to get around your problems, buck up boy and get your shiat together. If it really wasnt your doing with our current legal problems, prove it to the police and i'll give my full appologies for assuming it was you. Get your act together and go out of your way to do whats right as far as it goes between us with the money and i'd be more than happy to hang out again and be the best of friends.

Your life is only what you make of it.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by NCSU-4runner
im assuming selfishly wasnt the word you were going for

the money has never been the problem, the problem was that you would CONSTANTLY promise to pay something then never come up with the money. As stated earlier its not that hard to pick up a night time job for a couple nights a week if you really CARED or WANTED to pay back the money. And to top things off while you still owed me much more than $600 last fall ( i believe it was approaching $2000 at the time ) you thought it was perfectly fine to go buy that supra. Car payments are cool, buy paying your friends back isnt. That bugged me beyond human comprehension, but i wouldnt tell you that then b/c i loved the car too, besides the hideous body kit it had at the time

all this talk of suicide is a weak easy way to get around your problems, buck up boy and get your shiat together. If it really wasnt your doing with our current legal problems, prove it to the police and i'll give my full appologies for assuming it was you. Get your act together and go out of your way to do whats right as far as it goes between us with the money and i'd be more than happy to hang out again and be the best of friends.

Your life is only what you make of it.
Yeah... I definitely meant UNselfishly. Not selfishly. Sorry.

My intent on purchasing the Supra was to sell the LC (remember, I had a buyer that was ready to go) and to then fix up and sell the Supra.

Well... a lot of life has gotten in the way.

I've already called the detective 4 times, and told him he has my COMPLETE cooperation and that I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help him in his investigation. All I'm getting is his VM, BTW. I have no idea how long it takes him to call you back, but I'll be calling him again later today.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:02 AM

i understand some of this... but at the same time, you're saying that you're giving every extra penny to your father's cause and that you'd kill yourself or others to help.

you SAY that your Father is your #1 priority, you're going into debt, you're suicidal and need counseling, yet you just can't part with gun?!?

guess what... selling vehicles for less that what you have invested is called the FACTS OF LIFE and the money that you get is still money to pay your current debts AND still help your father. you don't need a HK or any other guns at this point in your life. the HK itself would sell for enough to pay brian off. hell, give it to him and i'll buy it from him so you get the debt paid and he get's the money that he needs.

please tell me that you don't have car payments on the LC and the project supra... you don't neglect a LC that you owe money on and you certainly don't build a race car when you're making payments on it...

frankly, there's MUCH more that you COULD do in your situation, but right now you have chosen NOT too. until you are selling your toys, i don't consider your situation "desperate" no matter how you portray it and/or how many times you say it.

i do feel sorry for you. i feel sorry for you in so much that you seem to be going thru a very tough time, and instead of doing everything you can to do the right things, you are doing everything that you can - without taking a personal hit or inconveniencing yourself. there's a difference in what you say and what your actions are, yet again...

it's time you stepped up to the plate and became a man.

sell the unnecessary toys. do what you can to right the wrongs that you have caused and work the extra hours to keep busy and make extra money to help your dad. you don't need a bunch of professional series cameras and lenses, a HK, a TT supra w/ 750 HP, and a lifted LC that's been neglected and get's 9 MPG. sell the supra on a supra board, the LC on mud, the extra camera stuff on ebay, and give the HK to brian. take the money from the supra and pay off jeremy and use two-thousand or so and get a little DEPENDABLE, 15-year old honda to get you where you need to go. take the money from the LC and pay off your other debts including your rent. whatever is left from that, give to your father and set up payments on the treatment debt from earlier. from there, work work work and pay them off.
Andy-

You make some good points. But no one in their right mind (being a " man " or not) would accept a large loss on anything that they've put THAT much $$$ into. The LC is PAID for, the Supra is not.

Your opinions on what I do and don't need are valid, but the fact remains that my cameras are a viable source of income. I have two events lined up for next month that will net me more $$$.

Don't make the mistake in assuming that I haven't tried to sell both vehicles already. I have. Multiple times.

But in the position they are in right now, they wouldn't command anywhere NEAR what either vehicle is worth. Period.

Sure, you say take a loss... we're not talking about a small loss there bub. We're talking a $10k plus loss on the Supra and a $15k plus loss on the LC.

That's a potential $25k EXTRA that I could have to help my family. I simply will NOT take that loss to justify immediate gratification.

And YES. I HAVE been EYEBALLING extra $$$$ part time jobs. BUT (and yes, there is a but) my current job won't let me work another job into my schedule. My current work schedule isn't a cut and dry 9-5 job, otherwise I'd already have another job.

I'm honestly getting tired of everyone assuming that I'm not doing everything I can. I'm not a stupid person. I know what to do in rough times, especially financial ones.

Everything you've already said, I've thought of. Over and over and over. I almost had the Supra sold, then the guy didn't come through. I had a DEPOSIT on the LC. Then the guy didn't come through.

You just don't know all the specifics of all the situations, or you'd realize that I HAVE been trying VERY hard to get stuff done...

I've already sold almost ALL of my firearms. All that $$$ has gone to my dad. I simply won't sell the HK b/c it's one of the things that makes me happy... and I need a little piece of happiness right now. I hope you can understand that. I can take that gun and head to the range and just blast away and relieve stress.... it's also a piece of mind.

And I feel like you look at the LC and Supra like I'm out everyday road racing or rock crawling. I hardly ever drive the LC... it needs so much work. If I could get a viable, serious offer on it... it'd be GONE in a heartbeat.

I hardly ever hit boost in the Supra. Gas is too expensive. Again... if I could get an actual, REAL, SERIOUS offer on the Supra... it'd BE GONE. W/O hesitation. Don't think that I'm just holding on to these things.

I've made steps to sell them both. Now it's just a waiting game.

J

Last edited by WolfpackTLC; 09-15-2005 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

Dude, if you are depressed get rid of the guns. Especially if you drink alot or are on anti-depressants.

I don't own a gun for those reasons. It’s more responsibility that I need.

Back in 2001 me and my buddy re-built this 1951 Willys.

Why, because his brother committed suicide. That was such a horrible mess for the people left behind. The Jeep was his brothers.

Last edited by sschaefer3; 09-15-2005 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:14 AM
Contributing Member

perhaps repost the LC here and ihmud and see what comes of it....
Old 09-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Banned

i understand not wanting to take a hit.

do you REALLY think that you'd take a $10k hit on the LC cause it needs $1000 in repairs. c'mon... it's a 95, lot's of mods, but high miles and the body has been beat on. it's worth $12k to $14k plain and simple - when in good working order. you could easily get $10k for it as it sits. you may think it would bring $19k, but that just isn't going to happen, and that's a fact.

the TT supra is fun, and it's a shame that you owe money on it, but you could also sell it on a supra forum or ebay fairly quickly with the right price. i agree that it may not be wise to take as much of a hit on it since there's really no benefit other than getting rid of a monthly payment. if you can get enough out of it to pay it off and recoup half what you've spent since buying it, then i'd say do it.

i understand that you like to go to the range and shoot to relieve stress. driving there costs money, ammo costs money, and range fees are money and the HK is worth money. you need money. you can deal w/ the stress in other ways... that's my point. another job would help keep you busy and minimize free time while adding extra income.

getting another job when it's difficult to fit into a schedule is tough. however, if you're not making enough now, then something's going to eventually give. that's a fact of life. you either have to make it happen or live with the results of inaction. eyeballing to me is inaction.

i understand the camera situation, but you also have bragged on yt before about how you have this camera and that, and you rarely use "X" but it's cool to have, etc.

all i'm saying is when you are in a bind LIKE YOU ARE, it's time to cut the unnecessary from your life, liquidate as many toys as you can, and worry about getting new toys later. you only have one father, and you only have one reputation, you can always make more money and get more toys later...
Old 09-15-2005, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Dude, if you are depressed get rid of the guns. Especially if you drink alot or are on anti-depressants.

I don't own a gun for those reasons. It’s more responsibility that I need.

Back in 2001 me and my buddy re-built this 1951 Willys.

Why, because his brother committed suicide. That was such a horrible mess for the people left behind. The Jeep was his brothers.

No anti-depressants here, and not enough $$$ to go out and get drunk right now.

I've hocked/sold/pawned almost everything that I can. Everything else that I've attempted to sell/pawn/hock hasn't been met w/ much enthusiasm.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:23 AM

i understand not wanting to take a hit.

do you REALLY think that you'd take a $10k hit on the LC cause it needs $1000 in repairs. c'mon... it's a 95, lot's of mods, but high miles and the body has been beat on. it's worth $12k to $14k plain and simple - when in good working order. you could easily get $10k for it as it sits. you may think it would bring $19k, but that just isn't going to happen, and that's a fact.

the TT supra is fun, and it's a shame that you owe money on it, but you could also sell it on a supra forum or ebay fairly quickly with the right price. i agree that it may not be wise to take as much of a hit on it since there's really no benefit other than getting rid of a monthly payment. if you can get enough out of it to pay it off and recoup half what you've spent since buying it, then i'd say do it.

i understand that you like to go to the range and shoot to relieve stress. driving there costs money, ammo costs money, and range fees are money and the HK is worth money. you need money. you can deal w/ the stress in other ways... that's my point. another job would help keep you busy and minimize free time while adding extra income.

getting another job when it's difficult to fit into a schedule is tough. however, if you're not making enough now, then something's going to eventually give. that's a fact of life. you either have to make it happen or live with the results of inaction. eyeballing to me is inaction.

i understand the camera situation, but you also have bragged on yt before about how you have this camera and that, and you rarely use "X" but it's cool to have, etc.

all i'm saying is when you are in a bind LIKE YOU ARE, it's time to cut the unnecessary from your life, liquidate as many toys as you can, and worry about getting new toys later. you only have one father, and you only have one reputation, you can always make more money and get more toys later...
Again Andy... you make good points. I'm not going to get in a debate with you on this.

People have limits. On everything. My limit on what I'm willing to accept on the LC and Supra have already been set. Anything less is a LOSS that I CAN'T take. I'm looking toward the future, and I have goals in place. If everything works out (and I'm working hard on that) the LC and Supra will be in saleable condition soon, and out of my hair. I refuse to sell either vehicle for such a large loss now, only to know that one month (or so) later, and I could've had twice that amount.

I know I can get $15-18k out of the LC. I've had serious offers (or so I thought) but then people disappear when I start talking about going to the bank.

I know what the Supra will bring, and it's been advertised on the right channels. I don't have much invested in it over the purchase price, other than time. But w/ Supra's, the PHYSICAL appearance matters more than the mechanical condition. Everybody knows they're bulletproof... the fact that it was a new motor w/ barely 5k on it is even more appealing to most. Most people simply can't get the financing on a 12 year old car. Period. Car's of it's build caliber and HP range have sold on Ebay and other places for upwards of $25k - 38k. But the BIG thing for almost all people that want Supra's is again... the PHYSICAL appearance. I've got time reserved in a body shop, but again... it's me waiting on someone else....

Camera equipment wise, I've sold every digital camera, and lens I could have, minus the two lenses I need to have a decent working system, and the one digital body that I need. I sold EVERYTHING else. Tripods, filters, releases, reflectors, video cameras, spot meters... EVERYTHING. Again... you assume that I haven't made steps to sell toys, when I've already done that.

HK wise... I have a lifetime membership @ the range I shoot at. No range fees. No target fees. I have +/- 5000 or so rounds that I've reloaded in the past few years to shoot. No ammo fees. And the range is 3 miles from my house. I could ride my bike there if I want. It's my one " guilty pleasure " if you will. And if you're considering buying it... me selling it... Brian and you would need a Class III/NFA permit and the requisit tax stamp. The gun is serialized and matched to a Knight's Armament Suppressor, and selling the gun w/o it is not only stupid, but really hard to do. Maybe it's easier in AL, or TN, but here in NC... getting a Class III/NFA is HARD TO DO.

Job wise, I've already started looking elsewhere, and I've managed to squeeze in about 5 interviews in the last 3 weeks. I'm waiting to hear back from three different bar managers and two resturant managers about jobs... so again... don't assume that I haven't taken those steps. When I say I'm eyeballing... I mean I'm looking at the phone waiting for it to ring.

Last edited by WolfpackTLC; 09-15-2005 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

No anti-depressants here, and not enough $$$ to go out and get drunk right now.

I've hocked/sold/pawned almost everything that I can. Everything else that I've attempted to sell/pawn/hock hasn't been met w/ much enthusiasm.
Well, maybe some "magic pills" would help you out? You would have to ask a doctor.

FWIW, For 6 months back in 2003 I did work for an Insurance/Pharmancy and I can tell you that this country takes a hell of a lot of drugs. Some of these people were my age, late 30's and had a fricken list a mile long.

If there is something out there to help you, I say WTF. Get the help.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:29 AM
Banned

...Camera equipment wise, I've sold every digital camera, and lens I could have, minus the two lenses I need to have a decent working system, and the one digital body that I need. I sold EVERYTHING else. Tripods, filters, releases, reflectors, video cameras, spot meters... EVERYTHING. Again... you assume that I haven't made steps to sell toys, when I've already done that.

Job wise, I've already started looking elsewhere, and I've managed to squeeze in about 5 interviews in the last 3 weeks. I'm waiting to hear back from three different bar managers and two resturant managers about jobs... so again... don't assume that I haven't taken those steps. When I say I'm eyeballing... I mean I'm looking at the phone waiting for it to ring.

good for you... didn't know that since you didn't post it.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:31 AM

good for you... didn't know that since you didn't post it.
Touche' man touche'.

Sometimes I make the incorrect assumption that people know that I put forth 110% all the time. I really try to.

I suppose given the situation, it's hard for any of you to do that. My apologies for making that assumption.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:04 AM

Crazy stuff. I'm seeing more and more people like this on other forums who owe money but don't pay. They know if they just disappear, legal action will be taken. So they hang around and spin lies in hopes of avoiding legal conflicts. And, amidst the brutal but deserved things other members are saying about them, they remain remarkably calm and levelheaded and are more than willing to take whatever foul language is dished their way. Anthony was one of them. If I didn't know better, I'd say these people get off on this kinda stuff.

I'm not saying that's what's going on with this thread (although it would be remarkably coincidential if it wasn't)... just making an observation that it happens quite a bit more than what's limited to this forum.

Quick Reply: WolfpackTLC