Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Noobe hits the trails! AND FLIPS it first time out!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noobe hits the trails! AND FLIPS it first time out!

This is what happens when you buy a truck that has re-arched springs and doesn't flex at all!!!! hope yall enjoy the pics, and the truck is fine and will be on the trails soon!

BEFORE AND AFTER PICS ON LAST PAGE NOW!

Last edited by RhinoYota; 07-03-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:38 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Dang, what's the specs on rest of suspension and tire size?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
maybe its just the driver?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RhinoYota

lol like that spare gonna do any good... i wanna see how smashed the cab is now

Last edited by Elton; 06-27-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vital22re
x2 - unless there is video to prove otherwise, I am thinking PEBSWAS
Old 06-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by vital22re
X3. Looked like a clean truck.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by tc
x2 - unless there is video to prove otherwise, I am thinking PEBSWAS
well i don't know what x2- and x3- means, or what PEBSWAS means, But i would think you would get that i don't know how to drive from the post TITLE! im trying to learn! i really can't think of a better way to learn. im not trying to say im a badass or something but i know having a stiff ass truck with no flex is ONE of the reasons i got droped on my head. my lack of seat time is defenitely another! lol

And the truck is really fine. i got a smashed winshield, and acouple dents in the roof that i couldn't punch out, the hood and d fender is toast and the bed had a nice dent in it that we kinda pulled out with a swift kick. broke the motor mount, and lost all pedal presure in brakes and clutch. but thats about it. pulled the plugs, and let it sit, and then drove it on/off the trailer.lol

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 06-28-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:17 PM

O and the spare is awesome! i kept it so if i needed to put it under a tire i had it. or, i bought it that way and was just to lazy to take it off. and for the guy that asked earlier, its 37s, and i dunno what shocks, open diffs. which is all about to change.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:24 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
haha... hey its all about getting comfortable with what you have. And best way to do that is drive it. So hats off for doing that, and owning up to it. Maybe the springs are just a horribe after market brand. Maybe teh shackles are tighted way to much and its pinching the leaves in one spot?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:29 PM

eh i don't really know, what i do know is they are going in the trash! haha i was three wheeling all day today, over little crap. If i would have had my buddy holding onto the bumper it wouldn't have flipped. it was a SLOW MOTION roll.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
so is this thing still sitting upside down on the trail?
I want to see the damage on the 1st Gen Cab.
what tire pressure were you running?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your shocks are probably limiting your suspension flex more then the springs are.

You should look for a local toyota wheeling club and get together with them. They can teach you a lot, both on the trail and in the garage.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:51 AM

I'm all for learning as you go, but if you're going to wheel to the point of rolling your truck the first time out, please get a cage. For you safety and anyone brave enough to ride along.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:41 AM

Hahaha wow guys, I got on yota tech bc I just bought a 1st Gen and thought it would be cool to hang out with some other yota people, but I'm finding out most of u are douche bags that just want to thread bash. Its not my first time, I had a Nissan hardbody with 35s that I went trailing with. Maybe I should buy a Jeep bc those guys were badass and helped me out and didn't rag on the Guy who just rolled his first Gen.
And yes sir I think ur right abt the shocks, and I'm gonna look for a local club. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:49 AM

I wasn't bashing you, just giving you my opinion. It's sad to see what looked to be a clean 1st gen rolled (not implying your fault or the PO's). But- If I had just purchased a new-to-me work-done-by-previous-owner rig, I would take it on a lighter trail the first time to see how it performs and what I would need to address in order to avoid future damage.

I'm all for wheeling as hard as you and your rig can, but do it safely and know (or learn) the limits of your rig.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:59 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
get used to that if yur gonna wheel. Nothing I saw so far was too terrible of a comment. Try going over to pirate4x4 and telling them you pushed too far while being new. See what they say.

And it's hard to rag one someone in person after they just rolled a truck. Any truck doesnt matter.

Even if you had 30 years experience in wheeling, if you get a new rig, you shouldn't be pushing to the point of flopping your new rig. A slow rollover is still a rollover.

You almost sound like someone I know, where you do what you want to do and not take advise from anyone. To the point of rolling your truck. Completely unnecessarily if you ask me.

In some cases I can see why someone would roll their vehicle over, but it's usually because they did something they didn't know their rig couldn't do and has had the rig for quite a while.

What do expect form a bunch of guys when you tell them I know this truck doesn't flex well but I am gonna push to the point of flopping my rig anyway. Especially when it doesn't have a cage.

Ask the bunch of guys which made an off-road trip this weekend how I handled the trails. If there was any doubt I would bypass some stuff. I don't like hills, my truck isn't equipped for large steep hill runs, no locker, stock suspension, factory flex, no cage etc etc.

Last edited by xxxtreme22r; 06-28-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
oh yeah btw x2 and x3 just means the guys agree

and PEBSWAS =

Problem
Exists
Between
Steering
Wheel
And
Seat
Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Several of the people "bashing" you wheel A LOT and know what they're talking about. Some have rolled, and some have not.

To roll an open/open truck is purely driver error. Wrong line and too much throttle is the only way it happens. Blaming the equipment is just low class.

What concerns me more is that you don't appear to have learned the lesson, and are prone to rolling somewhere else and it won't turn out so well. Pull that shtuff around here or Moab, and death is a real possibility.

Last edited by tc; 06-28-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
i vote driver error... I've never been even close to flipping my 4runner. its all about responsibility and skill of how you "4wheel" like TC said... choosing a line and throttle control is definitely key...
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 AM

well you guys are all right and i appologize, i wasn't having a good morning and i felt like everyone was just bashing me instead of helping. but i do appreciate everything yall are saying. and the fact is i shouldN"T have tried that hill in the first place. the pictures don't exactly do it justice, but it started off real easy down hill stair case step off, and turned into a 3ft drop off after i went over stuff i couldn't reverse back over, i was at a point of no return and only option was down, and i did take the wrong line, and no throttle was involved. i had taken it EXTREMELY easy all day and did not intend on doing anything crazy, i just got trapped and had to go for something i didnt really want to do, but couldn't turn around. I have no problem admiting it was driver error, it just gets anoying to already admit that and almost every poster just say the same thing over again. and i wasn't trying to blame it on the equipment TC, the fact is i didn't have the seat time for that trail and didn't take the correct line, but don't think i would have rolled over if i could have gotten a little flex out of it. thats all im trying to say. so once again, i appologize for calling yall douche bags. didn't mean it!

Last edited by RhinoYota; 06-28-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noobe hits the trails! AND FLIPS it first time out!