Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Big Bear trail run aug 7-8

Old 08-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Bud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Bear trail run aug 7-8

Had a blast as usual. Couldnt stay long but
here are my share of pics and a small clip of Ryan (Pretacopower) with a bed full load of yotatechers.

Last edited by Bud; 08-07-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

I am sitting at home right now wishing I was there--thanks for the pics!!
Old 08-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Contributing Member

lol, I didn't know you filmed me getting stuck hehe.
That was a great trip, I had a lot of fun I was really impressed my truck could handle as much as it did with just a locker, though I did get stuck once or twice
It was awesome to see everyone's rides in action. Peter's 1st gen looks sweet, got some awesome air with the front left tire on our first run! Lance's rig is definitley one of a kind, it really looks great. Keith's Taco is awesome as well.
Since my 2wd arse couldn't handle one of the trails, I got to ride along with Adam and his son...(thanks guys! ) he's got an awesome Runner, handles that manual tranny like a champ, I was really impressed That Flowmaster sounds freakin awesome too!
Watching Simon and Kieth's 4th gens was also really cool. They can really handle some rough terrain.
I wish I could've seen Bruce's and Ted's rigs in action....esp. his SAS'd Tundra. I'm sure there'll be plenty of pics and vids of the other group when they get back.
Definitley an awesome trip! Thanks to all that had to put up with my 2wd woes every so often I think I'll be saving up for a trail rig now!

Last edited by Pretacopower; 08-08-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Contributing Member

I uploaded some of the pics I took, just click my sig to go to my photo album to see them, but here's a few from there.....

Old 08-08-2004, 06:06 PM

Whoa Bud, you're gonna give Big bear trails a bad name, better get this pic up right away-

It actually has rocks in it. You should have gone with us, what are your sliders for?
A couple more-

Oh yeah, there were some jeeps up there too, they're neat-
Old 08-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

man you guys weren't kidding when you said you'll be taking the harder/hardcore trail. that looks more difficult than anything on one of the yotatech trail runs i've been on. i wish i could have made it :cry:

looks like you guys had fun. keep the pictures coming!
Old 08-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by RobT2k
Oh yeah, there were some jeeps up there too, they're neat-
You forgot to mention that Heep had a broken rear axle that we passed by......

Total breakdowns this weekend.......0
Body damage the list is long........

I got a ding in my passenger rear door on the trail head into Holcomb Creek, trying a very hard line and slid off a boulder. I'll let the other's say what they scraped...
Old 08-08-2004, 06:38 PM

Just a small scratch on front bumper, the rest of my scrapes/dents are skidplate, sliders and rear bumper. But thats what they're there for
Old 08-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member

• Lots and lots of pinstriping.
  • Lots and lots of rockslider and rear bumper love. Thx Demello!
  • Some good scrapes and gouges on all four wheels. The street locks hang out further at the lip than most wheels.
  • My TRD exhaust was deblinged by some rock or another. It has a small dent in it at the tip. Must chop it up and relocate the pretty chrome tip!
  • I lost a shackle. Everyone apparently knew you're supposed to zip tie them to the bumper but me.
Me: "I lost a shackle! Damnit!"
Someone: "I zip tie mine."
Lance: "WHat happened?"
Me: "I lost a shackle..."
Lance: "Oh, you don't zip tie them?"
Me: "Damnit!"

Yeh most of the stuff that happened for me was just cosmetic stuff. I'm amazed after all the slamming and scraping and grinding I went though that that was it.

Had a great time and hope to get some pics up soon.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

Did someone say TRD Bling Bling?

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photo...cat/500/page/1

Bruce: *Did you have 1 or 2 shackles on your bumper?*
Matt: "I lost a shackle! Damnit!"
Bruce: "I zip tie mine."
Lance: "WHat happened?"
Matt: "I lost a shackle..."
Lance: "Oh, you don't zip tie them?"
Matt: "Damnit!"

Last edited by BruceTS; 08-08-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BruceTS
Did someone say TRD Bling Bling?

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photo...cat/500/page/1
That someone was me!
Oh the horrible sound of TRD scrapage!
Old 08-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

Great shots--looks like fun
Old 08-08-2004, 08:09 PM

One word sums up my trail carnage..... ADRIANNE!!!!!!

This was by far the best yotatech trip I've done so far. It was fun rolling with a smaller group for a change, but I was kinda bumed that the other group (except for Lance and Adam) didn't stick around very long.

Its amazing how many miles of trails there are up around Big Bear and how few rigs were running them besides us. I can't wait to come back in the winter for a snowboarding/wheeling trip!

As for John Bull, Holcomb Creek and "Glass" Mountain, talk about pucker factor! I was shocked to see how capable our rigs really are, and what abuse they can take. I think everyone who went up this weekend regardless of the group, came back down a better wheeler.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Bud

Originally Posted by RobT2k
Whoa Bud, you're gonna give Big bear trails a bad name, better get this pic up right away-
[
Theres always next time, i was'nt too happy with my stock tires and didnt want to take risks.... yet... those pics are sweet. I'm glad everyone made it home in one piece.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

Looks like a great trip guys. Good pics keep them coming. Maybe next year for me. My little mall queen is far from ready for the tuff stuff, hopefully with time.

Whos stock 4th Gen was that?
Old 08-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Phalanx
One word sums up my trail carnage..... ADRIANNE!!!!!!

This was by far the best yotatech trip I've done so far. It was fun rolling with a smaller group for a change, but I was kinda bumed that the other group (except for Lance and Adam) didn't stick around very long.

Its amazing how many miles of trails there are up around Big Bear and how few rigs were running them besides us. I can't wait to come back in the winter for a snowboarding/wheeling trip!

As for John Bull, Holcomb Creek and "Glass" Mountain, talk about pucker factor! I was shocked to see how capable our rigs really are, and what abuse they can take. I think everyone who went up this weekend regardless of the group, came back down a better wheeler.
I for one can definitley say that I learned alot. I learned I need a 4x4 trail rig Seriously though, it was a great experience. I was a little nervous about how well my locker would perform (since I installed it myself a day and a half before the trip ) Not only did it perform, but it by far exceeded my expectations
I wish I could've camped but I had to work the next morning. I would've loved to ride along with one of you guys on the harder trails to see how well you all did and how awesome your rigs looked/performed. Glad to hear that all went well!
Old 08-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Bud
Theres always next time, i was'nt too happy with my stock tires and didnt want to take risks.... yet... those pics are sweet. I'm glad everyone made it home in one piece.
Yeh, I never wheeled with just my sliders. I got the rear bumper too before I went out again. That wasn't something I planned but glad that happened. Man that came in handy this weekend. I would recommend one for you Bud.

I'm glad I did the rear first and not the front. Climbing even moderate rocks can be hazardous to a stock rear bumper's health. You can drag it when you climb onto a rock or slam down on it when you clear the rock with your rear wheels. The wrap around portion got a beating too since some lines you had to cut it as close as possible to a rock to get through. Josh, Bruce and I all have pretty much an identical scar on our driver's side rear bumper on the wrap around part where we made nice and kissed a rock Saturday.

Last edited by Darx; 08-08-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Contributing Member

Pictures

Home Sweet Home

Bruce gives the bird to the rocks.

Josh finds a way through.

Rob stuffs it.

Trail Rated
Old 08-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Contributing Member

Man, all the hardcore stuff speaks for itself!

It was great to see you all again or meet you for the first time or meet you for what I thought was the first time but it turned out it wasn't

Bulldog:
The stock 4th gen belongs to Simon - not sure if he's posted much, don't know his name. This was his 1st trip out and he did awesome. Funny though... you could tell he was getting the mod bug as we were out there.
I'm betting that the stock running boards are coming off before the next outing

Breakfast at IHOP and a trail run from around 10 am to about 5 pm. I tell ya, I was dead tired when I got home last night!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Contributing Member

it was definitely a blast!!! i was definitely impressed with Ryan's locked taco!!! Talk about a machine Now that's all driver skill man!!!

As always, a big thanks to Adam and Chris (Birdman) for coming all the way down from Norcal to come play w/ us! Don't worry ya SD gals I didn't forget ya (RobT2k, Phalanx, Darx, Tacoma Dude). And the rest of the LA/OC members Woohoo we had a blast!

Hopefully we can do this again once the snow comes and goes. I'll have some photos up in a few days after I unload and clean.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big Bear trail run aug 7-8