Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Big Bear Aug 12-14

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kung pow civic.... i wish i could have gone just to see a civic vs yota......
Old 08-15-2005, 05:57 PM

Bruce, what happens in that situation? Do you just say "bad luck dude... see ya later" or is there insurance involved?
Old 08-15-2005, 07:16 PM

This was my favorite part of the White Mtn trail-
Old 08-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

That was a fun one...lets start planning a SD trip for everyone end of Sept or early Oct--it should be cooling down by then.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:15 PM

hey rob what up with the location on your avatar.... i dont get it......
Old 08-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

Mikey--I didn't get it until I watched Anchorman.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by FirstToy
Bruce, what happens in that situation? Do you just say "bad luck dude... see ya later" or is there insurance involved?

Looks like he filed a claim with his insurance company, they called me today while I was at work. Tomorrow I'll find out more information......

Fortunately I have more witnesses than him as well as photographic proof, showing he was on the wrong side......
Old 08-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
She is not ugly! It was funny because she had on cami pants, super tight and didn't realize that the top button was not buttoned. With the tight black shirt she was wearing it kinda showed her "lower area".... yeah. I think we all thought it was part of her filming outfit (super model type clothes) until she noticed it and got all red faced and buttoned it up looking around to see if anyone had seen it. We did. Nice lady though, very down to earth.

Actually the button was missing, she went and got a safety pin......
Old 08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BruceTS
Actually the button was missing, she went and got a safety pin......
Only you would have noticed the difference WIth all the detail inspection there.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Contributing Member

She was a cutie but not as sexy as this rear end!

Taking Gold Mtn. rock garden exiting to the left instead of right.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:33 AM
Contributing Member

Matt are you crazy?? you got no rear end. Plus everyone there had the same rear as you--Demello style
Old 08-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

RobT2k, I finally e-mailed the insurance company with my side of the story, since I wasn't gonna claim any damages, the file is closed.
Originally Posted by RobT2k
It was just another case of "Bruce Gone Wild"
yep....yep....yep.......

Darx are you blind????? Rebecca has an awesome rear end.....

bulldog-yota, she's the one who mentioned there was a button missing, unfortunately I usually have a sewing kit in my bags, but this trip I packed very light.

mark_fit, I may post some more info about her, she gave me her private e-mail addy and I sent her a message today......

Last edited by BruceTS; 08-18-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:22 PM
AUJWE

I saw the ESPN show the other night and it was kick ass. Not used to seeing Toyotas like that on TV, much less a 3rd gen 4Runner. Nice job Bruce.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Contributing Member

dang I missed it

just found this

ESPN2’s New Truck Stop Series Celebrates
America’s Favorite On- and Off-Road Toys

Los Angeles, CA (October 19, 2005 ) -- The hottest phenomenon in the automotive marketplace for the past two decades has been America’s ongoing love affair with trucks. Truck Stop, an all-new 13-episode television series on ESPN2 debuting this November, will explore the country’s continued fascination with the tough guys of the automotive landscape, from the latest tricked-out mini pick-up trucks to outrageous monster trucks and drag-racing semis.

Each 30-minute segment features host Rebecca Grant in the driver’s seat. Grant, a popular television sports reporter, model and actress, will invite viewers along for the ride as she heads for the action on- and off-road. From the showroom to the track to sheer walls of rock, Truck Stop will go in search of the best and the most bodacious examples of the truckin’ lifestyle.

In addition to sampling some of most over-the-top custom trucks on U.S. soil, Grant also gets behind the wheel of a monster truck, provides proof to viewers that off-roading isn’t for the faint of heart and gets the inside scoop on just what motivates truck enthusiasts to spend thousands of dollars – and hours – on customizing a vehicle once simply designed for function, not form. She also introduces the Truck Stop audience to desert racers, mountain off-roaders, classic truck restorers and performance truck builders, as well as superstar celebrity guests, pro athletes and top drivers.

Today’s trucks today have undergone a revolutionary image makeover as performance, style and luxury appointments have become part of the ever-evolving truck culture. One episode of Truck Stop features basketball star and entrepreneur Magic Johnson who shows Grant his stunning 2006 Lincoln Mark LT pickup, customized by urban automotive franchise DUB under Magic’s personal direction. The one-of-a-kind “Magic DUB edition Lincoln Mark LT” was auctioned off with all proceeds going to the Magic Johnson Foundation, which sends more than 200 students to colleges and universities each year.

Another episode finds Grant getting 4x4 off-road racing tips and lessons together with championship snowboarder Tara Dakides, who shows off her off-road-modified Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel. Truck Stop follows desert racers as they prepare for the SCORE off-road race in Primm, Nevada, one of the toughest races on the circuit. Grant also gets a chance to take one of the legends of trucking for a spin when she jumps behind the wheel of the Big Foot monster truck.

Featuring designers, builders, industry insiders and enthusiasts who have made their trucks the most important part of their lives, Truck Stop also includes the latest behind-the-scene news on the latest and most fascinating aspects of the truck world.

Truck Stop rolls into town every Thursday night starting on November 3 on ESPN2.

Last edited by BruceTS; 11-06-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Bruce you can see it again. Got this off the ESPN2 site...

EPISODE 1: Big Bear TTORA
HOST- Rebecca Grant

Truck Stop takes you on a trail ride high in the San Bernadino Mountains outside Big Bear California with TTORA, the Toyota Tacoma Off-Roaders Association, and we follow Rebecca as she learns how to drive off-road with expert, Rick Russell.

Airs
Thursday, November 3rd 1:30 AM ET ESPN2,
Re-Air Tuesday, November 8th 3:30 PM ET ESPN2

For More on TTORA, visit: http://tacomaterritory.com/
Old 11-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

I guess it's time to go out and buy a recorder, I'll be at work during show time......
Old 11-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Contributing Member

Tivo is programmed and ready to roll.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Contributing Member

Bruce
Does the show have the driver's brief and all that stuff? Or is it more the trails?

You going to Truckhaven next weekend?
Eric
Old 11-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Contributing Member

Just went out and bought a Toshiba HDD + DVD recorder, it's all set-up to record the program...... Eric I'm not too sure what they aired on the show you should probably direct the question to AUJWE.

On Time Warner cable on the westcoast here are the aring dates.....
11/8 12:30 pm
11/9 10:00 pm
11/16 10:30 pm
Old 11-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Contributing Member

Truckhaven?????

I am ordering a T-15 on Monday! IT won't be here in time but I can put it on Thanksgiving weekend. Now that is something to be thankful for!

Quick Reply: Big Bear Aug 12-14