Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

2011 East Coast 4Runner Jamboree - June 24-26, 2011 Rausch Creek

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's some more from my friends camera.

My friend running to see what his GF is hitting...lol

Fire Pit

Ruskymx

Last edited by ruskymx; 06-26-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM

Some video of the RightCoast group on my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/btlovin
Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Day 2 Sunday group. No one but me stayed to wheel both days. Sorry with the layout of the trailers etc etc I didn't get a group pic at the start of the day.

Shortly after picking a bad line over a tree stump breaking the tree stump resulting in me getting a little high centered and being ever so slightly tugged on by a J**p to rescue me I had to make my second recovery of the weekend. The Colorado stuck at the top breaking a steering rack on the same trail that I was tugged on. I was the only one in position last one through to play rescue truck.

The J**p in our group made it with no incident whatsoever just ALOT of throttle. Rustymx made it after the 2nd or 3rd try. As for me after the steering rack incident I was like hell no. lol.

This is no trick shot, it's how far I was off-camber and on almost 3 wheels something as stated above was not the first time. But my springs did surprisingly well. Keeping me on all 4 most of the weekend.

Last obstacle for the day for me in order to make it back to camp in time to pack up and enough gas to get home we had to wait for what we think was a dealership demo of a group of about 15 Land Rovers.

Group photo minus the J**p who had just left.

All packed up ready to leave.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:07 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Great pics and defeating of the obstacles, guys! Brandon.... how'd the new springs and such work out?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:17 PM

And what you all have been waiting for the Carnage Report.

YotaLuver none that I am aware of. Irab88 steering column as already posted.

Slinkhound.

This

From hitting this

And last but not least me. I now need rear brake shoes. Pedal really spongy especially on first pump. If I pump 2 or 3 times it gets better but still not perfect. This was doing midday on Sat. But was acting up slightly after getting truck back from frame repair. Sunday morning I took the one side's drum off to see what was going on. (Thank you Ian for the hit the stud trick). And low an behold practically no rear shoe left. Adjusting the brakes did not result in better pedal nor help the lack of ebrake.

Kinda tweaked my Skid plate. Not exactly sure where.

Too much mud on radiator resulting in this later on saturday. I watched it for the rest of the weekend. Only had a problem on longer hillclimbs.

Remedied by turning the heater on. Les then a minute or so later. A little higher then normal. It eventually went back to where it should be.

Spent more then half the day with my exhaust wiggling around because the rear clamp came off the frame.

The exhaust wiggling around resulted in it hitting the LSPV bracket/rod resulting in this

There fixed.

And finally this

From this. Also rustymx has video of this. I took the same line late on Saturday as well with no issue other then having to take a different line then I origiannly wanted to sice I was pretty much denied.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:22 PM

Some video more to come. Ian let me know if you need me to take these down of you or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmo8vwjeBgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33fWdqNWMXo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbL7s9jBneY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MULEWlj-RgU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTAlg92OBLI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQna86rhfTw

Not our group, but took video in case this guy flopped. Last year I had posted a J**p going up this same line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXDmn0RnP9c

Last edited by xxxtreme22r; 06-26-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Here is the video xxxtreme22r trading paint with some lumber.

My turn...

Fire Pit....of course my friend didn't get this right either...lol He's fired!

EDIT: Sorry for the jumpy video

Ruskymx

Last edited by ruskymx; 06-26-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 PM

Great pics guys! Sorry I don't have any to contribute. Blaise took a couple on my phone, but they are not worth posting. We had a great time once again. Probably be heading back up to RC sometime in August or September to hit some blue trails. Anyone interested?

My set-up is nothing special. 1.5" balljoint spacers, extended shackles, and 1' body lift from 4crawler. Slightly cranked torsion bars. 33x10.50 grooved TSLs. Aussie lockers front and rear. Other minor odds and ends.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 PM

Last two vids from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU7sJryJycA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5F9iGH691k
Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 PM

Josh your guidance on the trails is all we needed. Once again it was a pleasure wheeling with you.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
great pics and vids, brandon, thanks!

i wish my camera would have taken better video, otherwise we would have some footage of me on that one last hill. oh well, there's always next time
Old 06-26-2011, 07:23 PM

Great pics and videos people looked like everyone had a blast on the trails. Ian great job with the stock suspension. Ima try and go next time those trails looked sick we aint got anything close to what i seen on here. Ill def try and get locked before that comes around looked like it would help a ton. Glad to see there wasnt to much carnage after yall got done.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks good guys!!! Sorry I couldn't make it...

Maybe next year!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:35 AM

Oh forgot to mention Brian aka Swimmerboy2112 did not show up, nor called/texted back Ian to say he couldn't make it. Hope he's OK.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slinkhound
Great pics guys! Sorry I don't have any to contribute. Blaise took a couple on my phone, but they are not worth posting. We had a great time once again. Probably be heading back up to RC sometime in August or September to hit some blue trails. Anyone interested?
Yeah we have plenty of pics, I love the one extreme posted of Blaise with his hand on your bumper looking at the damage with a kinda serious looking face. lol

and i might be up for some blues in aug, shoot me a PM or give me a call when you have some dates.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by KnuckleHead
Some video of the RightCoast group on my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/btlovin
Good videos man. Always nice to see some of the guys doing the harder stuff at these events.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
Good videos man. Always nice to see some of the guys doing the harder stuff at these events.
It's just a natural progression. This event has been going on for 8 years now, and many of us started out right where you all are: mildly built rigs running Blues and Greens.
After enough broken IFS parts and body damage though, you'll be looking for a SAS swap and cage/tube bed too. And with that comes the inclination to do the "harder stuff".
Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 AM

lol I came real close to attempting YellowJacket on Sunday. But instead I just did that back side which is shown in the videos and some photos. Of course second time around I hit that darn tree on the left while trying to avoid the tree on the right. haha. Tried the right most line and got denied right at the top.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 PM

You've just got to get out there and do it.

Hell, I ran with that group in the videos all day with the Blue '87 on 33s (with the primer grey roof) and had no issue. Of course, I didn't do the "rock garden" stuff, but I kept up on several of the Blacks on the NorthEast property including trail 31 and the Devil's Den hill climb. And that was with an open/open rig with no protection. You'd be amazed what those trucks can acutally do.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM

pretty much the same rig then minus the BJ spacers. I don't remember your rig though, I'll have to take a look.

Quick Reply: 2011 East Coast 4Runner Jamboree - June 24-26, 2011 Rausch Creek