Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Free Sirius equipment promo going on

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will need to have it powered on with the antenna hooked up - then call.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:37 PM

Thanx...I'm all hooked up....I didn't have to pay $5 as Runner4 said.

As to the 2nd part of my question, did all of you guys get Xact Jockeys too or were different receivers offered at different times?

I like it; it's nice and compact. I did notice it got hot pretty fast (could be a longevity issue). I cruised around abit with the antenna sitting on the dash and didn't have any problems with reception. (This is on a Toyota Previa which has a large dash and front window) I'm going to try keeping the antenna on the dash for now. For power, has anyone done what Rob suggested and wired the it up directly?
Old 12-14-2004, 11:14 PM

is there a new link or is it all over with???

Thanks
mike

Originally Posted by abalagtas

As to the 2nd part of my question, did all of you guys get Xact Jockeys too or were different receivers offered at different times?

I like it; it's nice and compact. I did notice it got hot pretty fast (could be a longevity issue). I cruised around abit with the antenna sitting on the dash and didn't have any problems with reception. (This is on a Toyota Previa which has a large dash and front window) I'm going to try keeping the antenna on the dash for now. For power, has anyone done what Rob suggested and wired the it up directly?
Old 12-15-2004, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by photomike72
is there a new link or is it all over with???

Thanks
mike
Your in luck, there is stilla promo for a JVC unit - but act fast, it won't last long. Follow these instructions:

Go to Sirius Direct and enter "035" for the promo code and click GO. The JVC unit should appear and be $0.00. Follow the steps to add it to the cart, etc. For the referral ID, use "Joe Clayton". Joe Clayton is the previous CEO of Sirius. It will then ask you for all your billing info etc. The total for your first receiver will be around $160, which includes everything - equipment, activiation, one year service. You can order up to three more units for around $88 each whicg also includes everything - you just get a multi receiver discount.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by abalagtas

abalgatas - When I took advantage of the promo they were offering the AUdiovox PNP2, so I ordered two of them. This worked perfect for me since I already had the PNP1, and the PNP2 used the same cradle and hookups - all I had to do swap out receivers. I think they ran out of PNP2s so they started to offer the Exact and the JVC units. Don't be too concerned with the unit generating heat - they all do. For hard wire power hookups, look at one of my previous posts in this thread - it tells how I did it. In short, I used some butt splices and tapped into the rear wires of the cigarette lighter.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:31 AM

I thought the unit runs on less that 12V? Someone told me in the cigarette adapter there is something that "steps down" the voltage.

Abalgatas- I also got the PNP2 and I'm putting it in front of the transfer case shifter with a "ultimount" I've seen it in that spot and it looks good.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by RobT2k
I thought the unit runs on less that 12V? Someone told me in the cigarette adapter there is something that "steps down" the voltage.

Abalgatas- I also got the PNP2 and I'm putting it in front of the transfer case shifter with a "ultimount" I've seen it in that spot and it looks good.
The only thing that is in the cigarette adapter is an inline fuse. Take it apart, and you'll see. For my wifes Pathfinder, I actually cut the adapter part off and spliced the wires into her 12V power source for her cig lighter.