The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Sacramento CA Shops

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sacramento CA Shops

Not sure if this is in the right area but here goes. I keep going back and forth with either doing a suspension lift or going with Ball Joint Spacers. I basically want to get 33s 0r 32s on my truck (89 4wd, 5spd, Long bed, V6, 31x10.5x15) and fix the rear end sag as well. Suspension is very expensive so I looked at body lifts and spacers. 4Crawler has been great with his advice on alternatives to a suspension lift and repairing my alternator, but the shops I called (in Sacramento) would not do the spacers. I considered performing the labor myself but I limited in tools and experience with trucks and a task like this is out of my leagues as wells as not being comfortable with performing this type modification. Any one out there know of a Sacramento Shop (or near the this area) that will do Ball Joint Spacers? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:23 PM

they are very easy to install. just find a friend who can handle a grinder and you'll be set. i would just put them on myself. i really don't know of any places in Sac to go to...
Old 11-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
yeah i agree with mike, if you do the balljoint spacers route do it yourself. its a pretty straight forward install, but you do have to grind some of the upper A-arm. i have never done like an add-a-leaf in the rear, but it cant be that hard. i know there are alot of people in the bay area/San Jose/central vally/sac area who would be more then willing ot help. get some pizza and beer and i am there there is also California Truck Works, i know they have a location here in stockton, and i think they have one in sac as well. hell Les Schwabs does the fab tech lift kit, but be prepaird to pay $$$ for it.

Last edited by ToferUOP; 11-15-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:21 PM

yeah, any shop is going to charge you too much for sometihng like this. pizza and beer is a good idea to get some guys to help. shoot, pay me and i'll do it.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:33 PM

yeah, it's not that hard.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do it yourself, it's a great way to learn about your truck. Go slowly and follow the directions. After you finish you will feel good about yourself.

Robb
Old 11-16-2005, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.

TouferUOP - I went over to CA Truck Works and they won't do it. The guy called his corp office and he told him he has heard of this as well as hearing people were have problems with their CV boot. Is there any truth to this?

nmtoy- I know the feeling, felt great when I fixed the brushes in my altenator and the fan speeds by replacing the resistor.

I'm gonna do some more research before I decide what to do, thanks again for the replies.

4Runnerkid - I might take you up that offer if your up to make a little cash.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by idealconcepts
Thanks for the replies guys.

TouferUOP - I went over to CA Truck Works and they won't do it. The guy called his corp office and he told him he has heard of this as well as hearing people were have problems with their CV boot. Is there any truth to this?
there are mixed reviews. i have had the problem of blowing out the CV boots after my BJ spacers were installed. but there are others who havent had a problem. this thread talks about it and this one too. for me now that i have the 1" 4crawler diff drop and asian manual locking hubs its not an issue as much, however i did tear another boot wheelin a couple weekends ago. the CVs are under a lifetime warrenty from AutoZone, and i am getting pretty good at pulling them out so its not costing me anything to replace them. i too would be willing to help with the install just let me know. maybe we could hit Prairie city when we're done.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Found a torn inner cv boot so the BJ spacers decision will have to wait. Click on link below for the thread on the CV joint.

CV