Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

PSE Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down PSE Superchargers

A little background on what I am doing:

I just bought a "donor" rig with a supercharger. The supercharger has 90K (or so) miles on it, and is due for a rebuild. Basically, there are only 3 options for someone in my position; 1. Rebuild it myself. 2. Send it to Magnuson. 3. Send it to PSE Superchargers. I do not want to "mess" with the SC'r myself, so options 2 and 3 remain.

I called Magnuson first. After a slight delay (on HOLD), Dave, who specializes in Toyota superchargers, picked up. He answered my questions in a satisfactory manner. He was professional on the phone and recommended a full rebuild in my case. $675 for the full rebuild.

I then placed a call to PSE Superchargers, who I found by doing an internet search. I wanted more info, so I placed a call to their office. I was not impressed by their customer service, and the quoted price was $700, so I decided to take my business to Magnuson.

*Comments/details edited by <96 Runner> to avoid conflict*

Last edited by rimpainter.com; 04-27-2006 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:56 AM
lee
Contributing Member

http://www.psesuperchargers.com/products.Orignal.htm

they dont even list toyota?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:00 AM
Contributing Member

They list it under New superchargers, but the page is under construction.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by lee
It's hard to find. Strangely enough, if you search google for "TRD rebuild" on google you end up at Superchargersonline.com, which links their services to PSE.

Check it out: http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...t2=trd_rebuild

*Comments/details edited by <96 Runner> to avoid conflict*

Last edited by rimpainter.com; 04-27-2006 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Christian, will Magnuson sell a kit so that you can do the rebuild yourself? Or, maybe exchange the S/C on a core charge? Then you could save the labor $$$.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by midiwall
Hey Christian, will Magnuson sell a kit so that you can do the rebuild yourself? Or, maybe exchange the S/C on a core charge? Then you could save the labor $$$.
That's a good thought, one that I have considered. However, I have NO idea how to rebuild a SC'r, check shaft tolerences, replace bearings, etc. I spoke with Dave at Magnuson, and he really encouraged me to have the overhaul service done. He said the rotors will need replacing at that mileage, and that I should just do it right. Servicing just the nose gear at my mileage was not recommended. I emailed gadget and he confirmed, stating that he has seen what a malfunctioning supercharger does to an engine - completely takes it out! So you destroy the supercharger and the engine; a double-whammy! No thanks.

PS: I think the $675 charge is a same day turnaround. Which tells me that I am submitting my core to them - I think. I left a voicemail with Dave to ask him that very question.

Last edited by rimpainter.com; 04-08-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Mr. PSE Supercharger Guy"... and you could have done that by PM once you signed up instead of "bashing" a member here of the forums. we usually stick together around here, and you bringing up his Christian beliefs (like that pertains in any way to his interpretation of a phone call) and shaming him for his actions along with calling him a liar plus the underlying threat of legal action tells me EXACTLY what kind of person you are...

Last edited by bamachem; 04-27-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:27 AM
Banned

hey Bama...ill tell you what kind of person he is .....LAME !!!

I would think coming from the CEO of PSE Superchargers, you would have a little more respect and professionalism. I mean dang, I am a college student and I know better than to call someone outright. Look at Chris Geiger and Trail Gear. Even after people bashed him, he still KEPT HIS COOL and defended his product in a respectful and professional mannor.

Let me tell you something my marketing professor taught me, All publicity is NOT good publicity. By posting, you have in fact reassured us that you are someone we probably do not want to work with.

You definitely need to work on your paragraph separation, it's pretty hard to read your jumbled thoughts.

Do you even have a legal team? I mean c'mon. He was just stating his personal experience and sharing, which is NOT illegal. Are you going to sue him because he said something that he experienced? How are you going to prove it? Do you record all your calls?

Moral of story....NOT ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY
Old 04-27-2006, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by PSE Superchargers
April 24, 2006

Dear (96 Runner)

My name is Edward Martinez, President of PSE Superchargers. A customer informed me that he saw the first ever, negative comment toward PSE or myself and I should have a look at it. I read the forum, and became very concerned in the statements you had posted. I normally stay clear from the forum world, due to the continuous problems of misinterpretations and opinions. First off when your call came in, I was eating my lunch and my secretary Sarah informed me that my wife was on the phone and another call was holding. Sarah told me my wife was on line one when really she was on line two. I accidentally picked up the wrong phone line and your call caught me off guard. I am totally professional as everyone whom calls to PSE would tell you. Second I would appreciate you be careful with your words saying that I am “bashing” Magnuson products. I would never tolerate or speak a negative word towards Magnuson Products. I mention to many customers that Magnuson Products is the only company I recommend for work comparable to PSE. PSE has a great working and professional relationship with Magnuson Products and its staff. We sell, promote, and endorse their company daily. I speak with many customers regarding supercharger repairs and find myself in the same speech explaining about the superchargers and repairs. I never told you Magnuson used inferior OEM bearings. What I told you is the OEM rear bearings used by Eaton Corporation, is made by INA Bearing Co. and are slightly too small and have caused problems in the -40 deg. below start up test. Magnuson uses only high quality OEM bearings that are C3 rated with no problems. We also use premium bearings, but our bearing ratings for the nose drive are A5, which is one grade higher than C3. Both of our bearings will provide years of service with no problems. As far as me being short on my answers this depends on the time I have to spend with each customer. If I have many calls holding, I will try to be brief but always ask if they have any further questions to call after 6pm just like I told you. We would have appreciated your business like we do everyone else that chooses PSE.

You have publicly stated on 04-08-2005, that I made slanderous comments toward Magunson Products. This is an absolute lie and you must retract that statement immediately. Further more, you stated that I was rude to you on the phone and that I could be a violent person getting into altercations with people. This is deformation of my character. You must retract every one of these comments immediately from any forum. Your slanderous comments and deformation of character may have caused my company financial loss. In addition, this could also damage Magnuson Products by stating PSE said bad things about them.

I will be contacting the Yota Tech Forums management regarding this type of negative, slanderous illegal posting. You may be banned from Yota. My Companies legal Counsel has also reviewed your forum and also concluded that these comments are slanderous and also include deformation of character and are ready to act upon my request.

PSE Superchargers will not tolerate individuals attempting to damage my relationship with Magnuson Products.

I see that at “My Space” you indicate that you are a Christian man that loves the lord. I can’t believe that a Christian person would spend their time “Bashing people” when he knows our Lord tells us to love every one. From one Christian man to another, you totally mixed up what I said and have caused a big problem. My first intent is not to take legal action against you. I will first ask that you remove any comments from any forum that may be posted about PSE.

Truly,

Ed Martinez, President
PSE Superchargers
Wow, you couldn't have picked a worse person to attack on an open forum. Anybody else we might have given you the benefit of the doubt, but Christian is as good as they come.

If there was a misunderstanding at first, why didn't you bother to try to correct it before you saw the post here? You're only interested in covering your own ass, not good customer service.

As far as I'm concerned, your rep has already been ruined on boards like these. Not because of what Christian said, but because of how you handled it.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Banned

P.P.S.

might what to use this before you say anything else about legal action

http://dictionary.law.com/
http://www.nolo.com/glossary.cfm
Old 04-27-2006, 05:42 AM

Wow! - Christian's posts were over a year ago.

What a memory! Remembering *verbatim* a conversation you had with someone over a year ago when you get how many calls per day? 50? 100?

Well said Andy.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Christian and I talked a bit about this offline.

Ed, Christian has altered his text in response to your threat. Please state publically that you recognize that he has done so to your satisfaction and that you will not be carrying through on your threat.

fwiw... When someone states an OPINION, it is not automatically libelous. Christian recounted his opinion and observations of your phone conversation.

btw, you're implying LIBEL, not SLANDER. Slander is oral communication, Libel is written. But I'm sure your "legal Counsel" (legal CONSUL, btw) will straighten you out on that.

Eating lunch? Your wife? His religious beliefs?

Get a life. Your actions here have done more potential damage to your business than Christian's words a YEAR ago. You're acting like a whiny punk coming here and threatening this man. There are PLENTY of people here stating OPINIONS - it's a large part of what a public DISCUSSION forum is about.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:03 AM

FYI - this is an example of deformation of character:

Old 04-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Contributing Member

"Deformation of character"

Either he or his lawyer (or both) must have recieved their legal education from a prize in a cracker jack box.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Churnd
As far as I'm concerned, your rep has already been ruined on boards like these. Not because of what Christian said, but because of how you handled it.

x 1 googol

(for those of you at PSE, that's 1 followed by 100 zeros - in other words, I strongly agree)

And by no one's fault but your own, don't be surprised if your story makes it around to other boards. Many non registered members browse the site, and I'm sure people will be linking to it.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Banned

Ed,

I would strongly recommend you invest in a PR(Public Relations) department. Things might have gone MUCH smoother if someone in the PR field took care of things instead of your "legal" team.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:12 AM
Banned

no kidding. now we just need to spread the word to TTORA, tundra solutions, etc to let them see for themselves how bad your attitude and customer service really is...
Old 04-27-2006, 06:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bamachem
no kidding. now we just need to spread the word to TTORA, tundra solutions, etc to let them see for themselves how bad your attitude and customer service really is...
uh-oh!!!

that may be illegal linking????
Old 04-27-2006, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by TDiddy
...and I'm sure people will be linking to it.
If nothing else, for pure comedic value. (comedic - of or pertaining to comedy; funny)
Old 04-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Banned

lol... thye're HIS words - NOT MINE and not my opinion or interpretation...

who is his "legal team" going to sue now? sue themselves?

what an idgit. i can't believe that he was ignorant enough to come here and post something like that when it can be spread all over the forums in a FLASH.

Last edited by bamachem; 04-27-2006 at 06:15 AM.

Quick Reply: PSE Superchargers