Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Supra Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Supra Fuel Injectors

Anybody here know where I can get a good deal on Supra Fuel Injectors (part# 23209-46031). The dealership cost is $175 a piece :eek:
Old 11-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

How intriguing...

are these for a supra or for your 4runner? If for the runner, why?
Old 11-12-2002, 09:28 AM

it is for my 4Runner...check out this link
Old 11-12-2002, 10:04 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Supra Fuel Injectors

Originally posted by dukestr
Anybody here know where I can get a good deal on Supra Fuel Injectors (part# 23209-46031). The dealership cost is $175 a piece :eek:
I know where you can get them for $150.00 a piece...shoot me an e-mail if you are interested. Have a great one! You have email as well!

Mike
Old 11-12-2002, 01:57 PM

injectors

I may have a used set to sell, 'cuz I bought them and I'm not sure if I'm gonna put them in.

I also have an SAFC. It'll probably be about $200 for the whole set of injectors and $250 for the SAFC.

Stay tuned......

Mike
Old 11-12-2002, 01:59 PM

Dajabr

The injectors from 93-98 Normally Aspirated Supras are a direct replacement for our stock injectors.

There is no need to replace them unless you have a Supercharger or Turbo. The stock injectors do not flow enough to support the extra HP.

Check out Gaget's site and you'll know all you ever wanted to. www.gadgetonline.com

Mike
Old 11-12-2002, 02:32 PM

Mike,
You've got mail
Old 11-12-2002, 03:24 PM
Contributing Member

Toyota Injectors

Here's an interesting link for injectors. I upgraded mine in my 85 Supra, because I had a JDM engine, the 6M-GE.

It lists the impedence, flow, color, and what engine.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/P...Injectors.html

And here's the main site for Toyota engine info, but it only seems to cover up to '98.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/P...ct/Engine.html

Enjoy!

Also, you may be able to find a set of injectors by posting a message at the Supra group (www.supras.com)
Old 11-12-2002, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
why not just go to www.rcengineering.com

They will custom make you injectors for the supercharged application which will support 345HP--

I ordered some 370cc injectors and they work wonderful ( not to mention they actually have been flow balanced to put out 370cc, the toyota injectors are not balanced and do not put ou their rated cc's.

---and RC is cheaper!!

Tim
Old 11-12-2002, 07:43 PM

Tim,
Did you have to modify the wire harness connectors to make those injectors from RC Engineering fit?..or was it straight plug 'n play?
Old 11-13-2002, 09:00 AM

yep, you have to cut the wires to install the new plugs for the injectors, however-- to circumvent the warranty issue if you want to put the old injectors back in, use some male/female disconnects available at any electronics part store. I was forced to do this since im in CA-- you know smog check II and all that bs...

Drive around with the 370cc injectors for a year and change back to the original 270cc injectors for smog time-- not a big deal if you have those quick disconnect plugs!

good luck

Tim
Old 11-13-2002, 12:24 PM

Tim,
So changing the injectors might cause my runner to fail smog II check?...hmmmm
Old 11-13-2002, 12:44 PM

thats not entirely true...

The reason my truck did not pass smog check II was because it failed the visual inspection of the fuel injectors-- I leaned the engine way out for smog with the SAFC and passed with flying colors-- but if they see injectors with anything except nippon denso written on them then you will fail visual. So instead of try to trick them by painting them the same color as factory injectors or something like that-- I just made it really easy to swap injectors ( and there is no law about that )

I see your in sacramento-- I am too! if you need help with this let me know.

Tim
Old 11-13-2002, 04:59 PM

injectors

Hey I was wondering if I could use any other injectors than the 2 mentioned, anyone have specs on the 2001's sizes? I am trying to figure out whether they're high or low impedance. and whether I can use supra TT injectors(550cc) or older MKIII supra injectors they're like 440cc or something, any help would be appreciated, thanks, Calvin
Old 11-13-2002, 05:23 PM

No TT

Calvin,

Go to Gadget's site: www.gadgetonline.com to get the scoop on injectors.

You can not use TT injectors. WAY too big. Basically, any 93-98 NA Supra will work. Gadget's site has the p/n's and such.

Take it easy.

Mike
Old 11-13-2002, 05:26 PM

Gadget Keeps an excellent site I read all the articles like a couple of times already hehe. 1 1/2 years ago when I considered a supercharger I was reading it, and then when I finally recently put it in I've been reading it again hehe, the injectors are expensive to buy, so looking for cheap alternatives hehe. Calvin
Old 11-13-2002, 06:34 PM

TT injectors and the mkiii injectors are low impedance so you can't run them using the plug and play method, you can however add a 10 ohm resistor, but the stock ecu can't run an injector that size, and if I remember correctly the S-AFC can only lean or richen the injectors by up to 50%. What are you running that requires injectors that large?
Old 11-13-2002, 09:49 PM

Hi thanks for the reply, I don't particularly need the injectors to be that big, the only reason I ask is because there are faily cheap turbo and older supra injectors out there used, but haven't had any luck with the non turbo's so thats why I was thinking see maybe if I can do something about that with older ones, thanks, Calvin
Old 11-14-2002, 11:17 AM

NOOOOOOO

Big mistake here!!

You can only use injectors from a 98 model year only naturally aspirated supra engine because the injector MUST have the air injection ports built into the injector orifice!!
I tried to put some injectors from a 96 supra--they are a different part number because they do not have the air injection ports and do NOT physically fit into the injector port unless you hammer them in! The injectors used on the tacoma's have air injection to better atomize the fuel and this results in a different injector shape than most other toyotas. By the way, if the injector plugs into the socket--then it is automatically the right impedance--they're not an american car company, they already thought of that problem beforehand.

Your best bet is to get rcengineering to custom make the injectors for you--dont go trying to jam in some goofy sized injectors and ruin your engine.

Tim
Old 11-14-2002, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by Duffdog
NOOOOOOO

Big mistake here!!

You can only use injectors from a 98 model year only naturally aspirated supra engine because the injector MUST have the air injection ports built into the injector orifice!!
I tried to put some injectors from a 96 supra--they are a different part number because they do not have the air injection ports and do NOT physically fit into the injector port unless you hammer them in! The injectors used on the tacoma's have air injection to better atomize the fuel and this results in a different injector shape than most other toyotas. By the way, if the injector plugs into the socket--then it is automatically the right impedance--they're not an american car company, they already thought of that problem beforehand.

Your best bet is to get rcengineering to custom make the injectors for you--dont go trying to jam in some goofy sized injectors and ruin your engine.

Tim

Actually from what I understand you can remove the end and reuse the O ring from your original injectors. I know people have used NA injectors from other years Supras.

YMMV

Quick Reply: Supra Fuel Injectors