Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

muhahahahhaha (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh
Guys, wide tires on narrow wheels makes it harder to lose a bead. I ran 12.50's on 7" wheels at single digit pressures a lot. When the wheel is narrower the bead has more pressure on it. Wide wheels suck

Jackson...looks great man!

Well said. Jackson the tires look awesome, now go out and get some flex pics.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
In your sig:

4.5 lift (2.5" OME, 1"cornfed front spacer, and 2" RB bl) Stubbs sliders

How does that work? I add that up and I get at least 4.5" of lift, if not more? How much lift are you actually getting out of that 1" CF spacer? What OMEs do you have up front? How is your CV angle with 305s? I've got the exact same lift as you seemingly w/o the 1" cornfed, but I bet I got 882s and you don't. Just looking at options to go to 315s on down the road. Thanks!

Nice pics guys!

I am running 881s up front with the 1 inche spacer. I have had my 881s on for over 2years and they have saged so the need for the 1 inche spacer. It gives my about 2.5 - 3 of lift up front. The tire size has nothing to do with my cv angle. My cv angle is pretty good. Never had the first leak or problem knock on wood. As far as running 315s I think they look cool but totally not worth it for me. My truck is my daily driver. I cant aford to trash my streering rack just to have a tire that is a little bigger and a lot heavier. 3rd gens are just not made to run that big of tire in my opinion. no offence to the people that are running 315s on a 3rd gen just a my thoughs on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackTLC
4Runner4Me's rig is pristine. And it'll stay that way. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to convince him to wheel with us, and as such, nothing's gonna rub his wheel wells!

mall poser eh?

My truck is in too good of shape to go and try to tear it all to pieces. not to mention I have to drive it every day and also still have a car payment. If I wanted a truck to beat up I would not have bough a limited 4runner. I wanted a nice luxery truck that I could still make in to a off road capible truck for hunting and the for messing around the farm. All of the trails around my home are way to bad for most of the runner on the site much less mine. Most of the guys around where I live have fords and chevys with anywhere from 35 to 44 inche tires for the big mud pits and are running big house power. Most of the trails are fire roads and light lines that have been been roughted out buy monster trucks. My 4runner doesnt have enough power even if I wanted to play in some of the smaller holes to even clean the tires (besides in reverse).

My hole point of this is that I sould not be called a mall poser just because I dont want to tear up my truck. I have been though the tear stuff up time in my life and I am tired of paying for it. ex.( my international scout II) or better now to me as the bottomless money pit.

I hope this hasnt offened anyone and more power to you guys that put your runners to the test off road. If it wasnt for you guys off road runner hard there would not be half of the cool stuff on the market for them because there would be no one to buy that stuff.

different stokes for different folks!!!

sorry jacksonpt for getting off the subject.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Yo

Originally Posted by 4runner4me
The tire size has nothing to do with my cv angle.

mall poser eh?

My truck is in too good of shape to go and try to tear it all to pieces. not to mention I have to drive it every day and also still have a car payment.
I have no idea what I was talking about with the tire to CV angle thing. Too early and not enough coffee I guess.

On the other, we were just busting your chops dude! You wouldn't have had any problems where we went at Tellico this past weekend!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Old 07-15-2004, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=waskillywabbit]
How is your CV angle with 305s?

I know you guys are just playing around. If anyone has caught a had time about having a shine runner it is you wabbit. All in good fun.