Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Interest in used suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interest in used suspension lift

I was just wondering before I begin my sas on the 4Runner how much interest there would be out there for the IFS suspension lift I have on the truck right now. It is the Pro Comp 4" front bracket lift complete along with the complete All Pro rear suspension including 4 new control arms, brackets, brake line, and FJ80 coils. I would really like to get some more money to put towards the sas and engine rebuild and just wondering if anyone would actually be interested in taking this stuff off my hands for the right price. Thanks

Last edited by TheTank; 08-05-2004 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by TheTank
I was just wondering before I begin my sas on the 4Runner how much interest there would be out there for the IFS suspension lift I have on the truck right now. It is the Pro Comp 4" front bracket lift complete along with the complete All Pro rear suspension including 4 new control arms, brackets, and brake line. I would really like to get some more money to put towards the sas and engine rebuild and just wondering if anyone would actually be interested in taking this stuff off my hands for the right price. Thanks
How much do you want for the package? How old is it?
Old 08-05-2004, 01:16 PM

I just put it on at the beginning of last summer, and it's all in great condition. I hadn't really figured out exactly what I want for it, so I'll sit down tonight and figure out what I paid for the stuff total and find a good price. It's pretty much brand new and has worked out GREAT for me, but I'm going for the sas sometime in the next few months and was pretty sure someone would be interested in a complete package that is fairly new. But I will get back to you on the price as soon as I can!
Old 08-05-2004, 01:20 PM

Sounds good, let me know cause I am very interested. Its the complete set up then? Everything I need for the 4 inches of lift front and back? I have the OME setup right now, but want more lift.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:25 PM

Yeah this is pretty much a complete setup to lift front and back almost 5" I think. I know it's between 4" and 5", but it is like perfect with 33" tires. You're going to need new wheels though because they have to be a certain amount of backspacing with the procomp front lift, but I can get you that information later. I'm just going to list everything below that would be included to make sure I don't miss anything.
Front lift:
1. complete 4" Pro Comp stage II bracket lift including bolts and brake lines
2. Rockstomper swaybar disconnects
3. Pro Comp skid plate
4. Downey 26mm torsion bars (good idea for larger tires)
5. Rancho 9000 shocks

Rear lift:
1. All Pro upper adjustable control arms
2. All Pro lower Johnny joint control arms
3. FJ80 coils
4. Downey extended brake line and lowering brackets
5. Rockstomper swaybar disconnects (might include if I get rid of the swaybar)
6. I had very serious issues with the stock driveshaft pulling out of the transfer case and grinding when I let off the gas at high speeds and the joints began to wear out, so I had a CV joint put on the upper end and it runs smoother than stock, so it might be a good idea to have that included to avoid that problem because I will need a new one anyways.
7. Rancho 9000 shocks with the in-cab controller(great way to adjust the ride!)

Overall, I will say that this might get pretty pricey because I'm pretty much selling everything that I bought last year to lift this thing, but since it is used I would be giving you a great deal to get your truck in the air. I love driving it now, and offroad it is pretty much unstoppable especially with those control arms and the coils, it will crawl over just about anything. It's just amazing. But I also want to let you know that I probably won't start the disassembly for maybe a couple months. So if you can wait a little, I promise you won't be disappointed! PM if you have any questions about the stuff, and I will hopefully be able to give you a price in the next couple of days!

Kevin
Old 08-09-2004, 11:46 AM

Anyone out there interested in this lift? It's only a little over a year old, and everything is in excellent condition. Great way to easily get your 2nd gen up there a little more. Complete kit will pretty much have you rolling again in a weekend!!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

why change out the rear coils and allpro arms ? going with rear leaf springs? Are your cruiser coils stock or OME lifted versions?

I havent used the rear allpro links yet but they look much more flexible than the stock joints. Leave em on there man !

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 08-09-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 PM

Interested??

Originally Posted by TheTank
Anyone out there interested in this lift? It's only a little over a year old, and everything is in excellent condition. Great way to easily get your 2nd gen up there a little more. Complete kit will pretty much have you rolling again in a weekend!!
I may be interested but you really need to post an asking price first.

As far as I can tell, Sbrut95 has fisrt dibs. If he don't bite, I got second dibs. Cool? really need that price though

That couple month time frame sounds good to me as it'll be the 19th of Oct. before I'll be having any extra fundage.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hoodlum
I may be interested but you really need to post an asking price first.

As far as I can tell, Sbrut95 has fisrt dibs. If he don't bite, I got second dibs. Cool? really need that price though

That couple month time frame sounds good to me as it'll be the 19th of Oct. before I'll be having any extra fundage.
Its okay, I had to turn the offer down. So you got dibs now. Thanks though!! Its nice to have honest/good people on the forum.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:08 PM

I'm going for an asking price of $2000 for everything considering it's only a little over a year old and still in great condition. I figure shipping is going to run between $80 and $100, but this stuff is worth it! The rear will flex over almost anything. I didn't realize it was that capable until a recent trail ride. Yeah I kind of wish there was a way for me to keep the control arms and coils, but I've been having problems with the driveshaft hitting the tank and the simplicity of leafs is making me lean towards them and also to get a little more lift. Oh and the coils are just the HD version for the FJ80 i'm pretty sure. All I know is it was the perfect amount of lift to level off with the front!!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:12 PM

NCSU...how do you still have the stock control arms on there?!!? I would think that would be pretty much impossible with the new lift I saw in that one pic on your webpage! Those tires have to be like halfway under the front lip of the wheelwell. But yeah I would really like to keep the rear set-up, but I don't know how to get anymore lift from it when I want to match the front SAS. It seems like it's going to be about an inch or two too low. But now you kind of have me thinking about keeping the rear and tweaking it to be pretty sweet!! I think I have a few good ideas in mind to get more flex out of it and keep the driveshaft off the gastank. Thanks NCSU!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member

isnt a brand new procomp lift 1k..?
Old 08-10-2004, 05:27 AM

Yeah a complete one including the front and rear, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't flex anywhere near as much since you have to use the stock control arms with the rubber bushings. All I know is the All Pro johnny joints flex like crazy, and I'm glad I went with that package over Pro Comp's rear lift
Old 08-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Contributing Member

ahh ok. so you have just the front procomp and then an allpro rear?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:16 AM

Yeah. I figured the easiest way to lift the front was just the Pro Comp bracket lift. And I wanted good flex out of the rear so I went with All Pro arms and FJ80 coils in the rear. Now I want more lift and flex out of the front so I'm going to do an sas.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

so why is it 2k?

would you be willing to part with the control arms..?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

i dunno if i confused you but i ALSO have the upper and lower allpro control arms with the johhny joint lower and heim adjustable uppers. I'm using OME 2.5in lift regular duty landcruiser springs (probably 5+ in lift for a 4runner, if i had a stock measurement to compare to i could say for sure, i figured the HD's would have too high a spring rate) . I'm relocating a custom fabed gas tank to the rear of the truck where the spare used to be, no more driveshaft beating on it, and i'll have nearly a perfectly flat belly with tons of ground clearance all the way from front to back. I've also seen some nice fuel cells which would make the relocation even easier, you just have to adapt the fuel lines and mount it.

i think im going to take the time today to write up the rear suspension page for my website to give all the details. I'll take some good pics to put on the page too.

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 08-10-2004 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by doink
so why is it 2k?

would you be willing to part with the control arms..?

the control arms alone are $500 plus shipping from allpro, 2k isnt that bad for everything i guess, im not at all familiar with the prices on IFS lifts since i by-passed them alltogether . I still think he should keep the rear coils.

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 08-10-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:36 AM

I'm really tempted but Momma don't really want to lift her Runna that much cause Gramdma has a hard time gettin' in already. Momma didn't say "No" though. She put it to me like this..."well, it's that or your new plasma cutter" so I'm going to have to pass. For an IFS lift, you did it right and it sounds like it's definately worth it. To me, anything used is worth half the price it was new. That how I price stuff when I go to sell. I just don't wanna spend that much on her rig knowing it will rarely see trails.

I guess I'll be replacing my old and almost worn out plasma cutter instead.

If you end up keeping the rear set up and working with it, I'll be interested in just the front lift as I can make my own arms and such for the rear.

Thanks for your time and good luck with what ever way you go.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by NCSU-4runner
the control arms alone are $500 plus shipping from allpro, 2k isnt that bad for everything i guess, im not at all familiar with the prices on IFS lifts since i by-passed them alltogether . I still think he should keep the rear coils.

a brand new complete pro comp lift is right at 1k.

control arms, 500
fj coils- 150
panhardbracket.150.

thats brand new...

Quick Reply: Interest in used suspension lift