Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Help with Wet NOS System?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan_90SR5
Alright, I can help here since I actually have experience with this. Not to disrespect anyone here, but most people here have insane off road knowledge, but not much engine knowledge. I have a background in street cars and know alot about engines and not much about off road suspension stuff.

Anyway, yes, if you stay with the right sized NO2 kit, your 22R will last just as long as it would stock. What a wet system does is it has 2 fuel pumps that mount in your engine bay.....one for the NO and one for fuel. They both route into a nozzle which injects te fuel and NO at the same time. They usually use an orifice to premeasure the amout of fuel and NO that is injected. When you buy a kit, it will come with everything that you need and they are fairly easy to hook up.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. I think with what I explained and what you already know, you should be on the right track.

I will comment on the turbo though. There are several companies that make low compression pistons for the 22R. Also, just about any engine can run a turbo on low boost with no problems. I say almost any engine because I'm sure that someone will bring up the American Muscle cars of the late 60's that run a 12:1CR and have to run on either leaded or race fuel. Anyway, you can safely run 5-7psi on a stock 22R without any problems. If you did have knock at that low of a boost, you could run larger injectors, a boost-a-pump, or a Supra fuel pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I haven't ever checked out the website that you posted, but you can leasrn alot about turbos and how to avoid knock on most Supra, MR2 or Celica All-Trac/GT-Four websites. These are the guys that are running the high boost applications and run into all of the problems associated with turbos.

sorry bro
but you dont seem to be an expert either.
there arent two fuel pumps in the engine bay. youre probably confused with the solenoids

Most nos kits dont come with fuel pumps. if you need one youll have to buy an appropriate one.

if youre going to tap into the fuel line you better make sure there will be enough pressure to inject the extra fuel otherwise youll be in a world of hurt.

before you even ask these questions you should have in mind how much power youre even trying to squeeze out of the system.

you cant just tap a kit in and expect it to work perfectly. youre still going to have to play a lot of variables to get it to run reliably.

before you do something stupid find some nos forums and dont trust someone who says hes an expert.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kimchee
if youre going to tap into the fuel line you better make sure there will be enough pressure to inject the extra fuel otherwise youll be in a world of hurt.

before you even ask these questions you should have in mind how much power youre even trying to squeeze out of the system.

you cant just tap a kit in and expect it to work perfectly. youre still going to have to play a lot of variables to get it to run reliably.

before you do something stupid find some nos forums and dont trust someone who says hes an expert.
Ok, thanks for all the help...very informative...

Anyway, I'm looking for as much power as my stock 22RE can handle. Which probably wouldn't be more than a 35 - 50 shot at most. And yes I understand the fact that I may need to beef up the fuel pump if I tap it. I wouldn't just slap on the kit and go, I'm just trying to get an undertanding of how everything works, and thats why I'm asking "these questions." Two weeks ago all I knew about Nitrous was that you push the little red button and receive instant power. Thanks to the all the helpful responses I've received, I'm getting a better understanding of the system.