Views: 199
Size:  192.4 KB

Name:  93E95CCC-B39F-45A7-B40C-55BA978F00BD.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  234.6 KB
Old 06-21-2015, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen!!!!!!!!

My pick up was stolen from Candlelight Christian fellowship's front parking area, in Coeur d Alene Idaho, between 1045 and 1215 today. If you hear of anyone selling parts in the Northwest that look like mine, please let me or the police know.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by BowhunterBen
My pick up was stolen from Candlelight Christian fellowship's front parking area, in Coeur d Alene Idaho, between 1045 and 1215 today. If you hear of anyone selling parts in the Northwest that look like mine, please let me or the police know.
Man that really sucks and I hope who ever is responsible is found and beat with a big stick. All that work you've done and now this makes me speechless. Sorry,

I just joined but have been reading for some time now. I recently got a 93 ext cab off my father in law. When I read your thread and got to your last post my heart just fell. And I had to post to say how it makes me sick that people actually do crap like this. Hopefully it's returned unharmed. Keep us posted,
Old 07-05-2015, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by vw65bus
Man that really sucks and I hope who ever is responsible is found and beat with a big stick. All that work you've done and now this makes me speechless. Sorry,

I just joined but have been reading for some time now. I recently got a 93 ext cab off my father in law. When I read your thread and got to your last post my heart just fell. And I had to post to say how it makes me sick that people actually do crap like this. Hopefully it's returned unharmed. Keep us posted,
Yeah, it's a really crappy deal for me. I'm out years worth of time and money, and I also didn't have insurance to cover theft. I don't know when I'll be able to afford to buy another one, and starting all over is disheartening. I still have all the SAS stuff and gears, so I'll have to buy the same generation of Toyota otherwise I'll have to try and sell parts. This seriously killed me inside but God has taught me a lot and I'm learning to let go of this situation and just trust God. I know in my "life plan" I was going to keep that truck for life, but life doesn't follow what we plan. I have given up on getting it back though, and now I have to just push on with life, trusting God has a better plan then mine. I hope the thief is caught.

Last edited by BowhunterBen; 07-05-2015 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:59 AM

BowhunterBen_93_pickup

Check around Spokane area too, I know Washington is big with Toyota people..just an option. Hope you find your pickup man!
Old 11-16-2015, 06:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Damn man...hate to bring it up as you are probably over it, but that is just plain awful. Keep your parts and get another yota. There is always one for sale somewhere.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Terrible man. Did they ever recover it?
Old 11-16-2015, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Back to the Future
Damn man...hate to bring it up as you are probably over it, but that is just plain awful. Keep your parts and get another yota. There is always one for sale somewhere.
No, I don't think I'll be over it for a long time. There are still times I am saddened by the loss of that truck. I had many years into building it. Someday I will get another one. I just am in a terrible time to try and buy one. I need all my money for the house I'm rebuilding. There is no end in sight of that mess either. It's going to be hard starting over with a truck build But I want another one really bad!
Old 11-16-2015, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gizler00
Terrible man. Did they ever recover it?
No, never found anything
Old 11-16-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BowhunterBen
No, I don't think I'll be over it for a long time. There are still times I am saddened by the loss of that truck. I had many years into building it. Someday I will get another one. I just am in a terrible time to try and buy one. I need all my money for the house I'm rebuilding. There is no end in sight of that mess either. It's going to be hard starting over with a truck build But I want another one really bad!
Sorry dude, what I meant was that you probably are tired of reliving the fact that your truck was stolen. I totally understand what you mean. I have had my truck since High School and I would be crushed if it was stolen. I have so many memories with it and that means more to me than the simple fact it is just transportation. Hope everything works out for you in the long run with the house. Wish you all the best. TOYOTA FOR LIFE.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:26 PM

So I'm tearing into my new Toyota in hopes of fixing a few bad oil leaks. I also plan to rebuild the steering gear. But I'm stuck at trying to remove the pitman arm. This thing is stuck! I have the puller as tight as I can take it without breaking it. I heated the arm and iced the shaft, then I beat down on it with a bar and a 4lb hammer. Nothing moving. I sprayed it with PB and gave up for the night. http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...B80C43E787.jpg

Last edited by BowhunterBen; 07-31-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:30 PM

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...77D2DDDEC6.jpg

Last edited by BowhunterBen; 07-31-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Good for you for getting a new yota. I know what you went through, I have been in the same situation back in 2012. In no time the new truck will start to feel like it is a part of you.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:46 PM

Code 52 problem

So I had a leaking intake manifold gasket and decided to fix it. Tore the motor down and replaced gaskets and while I was in there, I installed a new knock sensor (from Napa) and new knock sensor harness. Got my injectors serviced and put everything back together and the truck runs good EXCEPT now the check engine light comes on when I go over 2k rpms. It’s the 52 code for the knock sensor. I checked continuity at the connector and the sensor is not shorted and the ground to the ECM is good and the signal wire to the ECM is good. Could there be anything else causing this code other than the sensor? I’m wondering if the aftermarket sensor isn’t compatible after all? I really wish I would have paid the $300 for the one from Toyota. The $100 savings isn’t feeling so good now. My truck used to have the check engine light come on when I went over 3k but it would always clear when I shut the truck off so I never read that code. I really don’t want to take the engine back apart, but I don’t know what else to do. Any suggestions are appreciated. I’ve been searching online for info, but haven’t found an answer yet.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:24 PM

Read before you change your knock sensor.

I decided to just change the sensor out since the wire checked out ok. I ordered the Toyota sensor and it came in yesterday. I had a late night and swapped it out. Took about 3.5 hours. Since I had just replaced everything I was able to keep most things attached. I folded the intake plenum to the passenger side and the disconnected most of the electrical connectors so I could pull the harness out a bit. Then I basically lifted the intake manifold with the fuel rails attached, straight up and turned it enough to prop it on some things. Then I could reach in under it and change the sensor. It works great now.
SO, don’t waste your money on any aftermarket knock sensors. Just get the genuine Toyota one and you won’t regret it. The $100 I saved was way lost by the time I swapped in another one and spent a few more hours working on it. The one I got from Napa looked almost identical to the Toyota one, too.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:27 PM

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your stolen truck and bad knock sensor but I'm glad you are back working on Yotas
Old 07-06-2020, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by bone collector
Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your stolen truck and bad knock sensor but I'm glad you are back working on Yotas
Thanks! Now the thing I’m working on is my tail light fuse blew 5 times over the course of a few days. I can’t find anything wrong with it though. Works fine until I get away from home and it’s dark out! All new bulbs in the back, one new bulb in the front. Everything is working fine when I test it. I’m wondering if my relay is starting to fail? It’s always something🤪
Old 07-07-2020, 03:49 PM

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
My cruiser did something similar, it turned out to be the trailer wire plug was nicked and shorting out against the body. Sounds like it's time to inspect all the wiring to me. Good luck and post pictures when you fix it