Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

Rancho IFS Lift for '86-95 Pickup and 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho IFS Lift for '86-95 Pickup and 4runner

I have a 4" IFS Rancho lift for sale. This is the front only: no rear axle stuff. Comes with raised steering knuckles, Rancho upper A-arms and stock lower A-arms (though I'm willing to toss the lowers in the trash to save on shipping). All mounting hardware included. Ball joints in good shape. No damage to the kit. I'm selling because I'm taking my 4runner in another direction.

Pics available on request.

I'm in Boulder, Colorado. If you're nearby, come take a look!

I'm thinking $200??? + shipping.

Also see my ad for Downey heavy duty torsion bars.
Attached Thumbnails Rancho IFS Lift for '86-95 Pickup and 4runner-lift-1.jpg  
Old 12-26-2006, 04:20 PM

How much would it be shipped to zip 45304?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:08 AM

Just venturing a guess here... The weigh about 50 lbs each and the boxes would run about 24X24X24. According to the Fedex website shipping around $40 per box, two boxes.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:33 AM

sent ya PM
Old 12-27-2006, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by coloradotoy
I have a 4" IFS Rancho lift for sale. This is the front only: no rear axle stuff. Comes with raised steering knuckles, Rancho upper A-arms and stock lower A-arms (though I'm willing to toss the lowers in the trash to save on shipping). All mounting hardware included. Ball joints in good shape. No damage to the kit. I'm selling because I'm taking my 4runner in another direction.

Pics available on request.

I'm in Boulder, Colorado. If you're nearby, come take a look!

I'm thinking $200??? + shipping.

Also see my ad for Downey heavy duty torsion bars.
This is actually a 3" kit, and doesnt use raised steering knuckles... and will more than likley require HD torsion bars, as the rancho arms put a ton of off center stress on torsion bars....
Old 12-27-2006, 04:29 PM

I was trying to find some better pics so I went to Rancho's site and they don't show it at all. Did they stop making it? Can we get some more pics?
Old 12-27-2006, 04:50 PM

It has not been made for a few years....
Old 12-27-2006, 06:32 PM

So this is the complete "kit" as in all I have to do is bolt this stuff on in place of the stock hardware and I get 3-4in of lift up front??

Also, how much weight will be saved when ditching the stock lowers?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:21 AM

The lowers he has are the stock ones. He claims its a complete kit, however this kit will most likly not work with your OEM torsion bars. It really more of a 2-3" lift kit, and works on the same principle as the BJ spacer lift.

All you need that he has is the upper arms and mounting hardware, and torsion bars. The lowers are stock, as the knuckles are. I am not sure what he means by raised steering knuckles because that is not part of the kit, nor its it needed.

PM me if you want more specifics on the lift.. I ran it for about 30K miles...
Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 AM

I have a friend with a 92 V6 4X4 stock that I am trying to help out and get him into rock crawling. Would this fit? IF not waht do you guys reccomend?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by blacksheep
I have a friend with a 92 V6 4X4 stock that I am trying to help out and get him into rock crawling. Would this fit? IF not waht do you guys reccomend?
Not to dog on this guys attempt at selling, but IME this lift is a TON of CRAP!!!

It wont hold an alignment, is unstable on the street, and murder to CV's... I like the ride height it gave me, but the lift was junk and I scrapped it as soon as I could afford a 4" bracket lift... It provides mostly uptravel, and is more of a prerunning lift. I didnt know crap about suspensions when I bought it....

If he want to get into playing offroad, and is new.. I would suggest BJ spacers, and rear springs.. .Gives a little more travel, and you can get a 33x10.50 under there... Wheel it to see what he likes, but first investments should be in protection and traction... do some searches around here to see what you come up with, most dont like the bracket lift.. but mine has been super reliable, effective, and makes the truck more capible with the IFS...
Old 12-28-2006, 06:32 PM

I strongly disagree with AH64ID about the Rancho arms. I heard all the bs about the alignment issues and it comes down to the user not the kit. This is not the area to dissus tech but I have to say it's not fair to dog this guy selling the kit.

I will say the center steering link is NEEDED, if you wheel hard the stock center link will bend. Also 25mm t-bars are needed because the stock bars will NOT work. Other than that, all that's needed is the arms and of course all the hardware such as the bolts, washers, and shims which are not shown in the pictures. Also for wheeling hard you will need to add an idler arm brace. To keep the alignment you need stiffer bushings in the a-arms, such as those sold by Downey.

Now just an FYI about the "kit" the arms give a practical lift of 2" and 3" is about the most you'll get without ridding to much on the upper bump stops. (which is what I think AH64ID did and why he got crap handeling with the kit) Depending on how you set up the hight, still most likey you will gain mostly upward travel because the more hight you adjust in the less downward travel you get.

And $200 is a fair price if he has all the hardware and center steering link. Installation instructions really help, also but if not, Rancho or Downey may have a copy.

Last edited by Bear80; 12-28-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:18 PM

Can some one recommend anything for my friends 92? What brand and site and model?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bear80
I strongly disagree with AH64ID about the Rancho arms. I heard all the bs about the alignment issues and it comes down to the user not the kit. This is not the area to dissus tech but I have to say it's not fair to dog this guy selling the kit.

I will say the center steering link is NEEDED, if you wheel hard the stock center link will bend. Also 25mm t-bars are needed because the stock bars will NOT work. Other than that, all that's needed is the arms and of course all the hardware such as the bolts, washers, and shims which are not shown in the pictures. Also for wheeling hard you will need to add an idler arm brace. To keep the alignment you need stiffer bushings in the a-arms, such as those sold by Downey.

Now just an FYI about the "kit" the arms give a practical lift of 2" and 3" is about the most you'll get without ridding to much on the upper bump stops. (which is what I think AH64ID did and why he got crap handeling with the kit) Depending on how you set up the hight, still most likey you will gain mostly upward travel because the more hight you adjust in the less downward travel you get.

And $200 is a fair price if he has all the hardware and center steering link. Installation instructions really help, also but if not, Rancho or Downey may have a copy.

yeah we have had this discussion before .... I know I wasnt maxed out, sat level with 3.25" rear springs, so thas about 2-2.5" up front... I had to use the OEM steering arm as the ranch setup rubed and bound horribly on it self, and rancho and downey just went ????...... I think the bad bad results with this lift are not just isolated on me, its more like the really good results are isolated on you....
Old 12-29-2006, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by blacksheep
Can some one recommend anything for my friends 92? What brand and site and model?
I posted some stuff in my reply in post #11, other wise search.. there is SOOO much info on here its silly...

Are you the same blacksheep from TTORA?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:03 AM

Yup! Thats me.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:45 AM

price for the torsion bars?

What was the price for those?