Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

85 turbo 4R FLIPPED parting out SOCAL

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
way to be a jerk. :bigclap:

Guy rolls his truck, is pretty upset, trying to recoup his losses to get home, and you cuss at him, and get pissy about dibs? Way to be a champ. Thanks for supporting other folks in their time of need. We'll be sure to do the same if you're ever hurting.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, I have been facilitating the net for parts for some time.... Unlike this forum the ones I use have guidlines for selling parts and the majority of the moterators will delete if not posted correctly. I am personally not buyin anyting from him, but I don't think it is fair on the yotatech consumers that they have to go to 2 different post to figure out who gets what. It is common knowledge that parts posted on a forum are first come first serve.
Sorry about his truck but this is posted under item for sale and has another post where he is selling parts and it is not even in the marketplace.
If he wants to talk about the accident then post it under general topics. This is for parts (actually he posted under vehicle/trailers complete)

Sorry I am in a bad mood but I still think we need better guidlines if Yotatech is gonna be used for commerce. I understand that it sucks taking a loss like that, but now he is trying to make money from his loss. So he should do it fairly. As for sympathy I destroyed my 85 on the road and was called a dumbass for buying an 88 to replace it. Sorry for the flame but people work hard to get $ to buy parts so selling them fairly is equally important. It is not my fault that he is trying to sell parts on 2 different spots. Who is to say that he will not accept payment from both. The least he could have done link the 2 post together.
my favorite rule on NC4x4 is
"NO Chit Chat - This is NOT the forum to comment how cool somoene's chrome rims and Thornbirds are. Acceptable comments and questions should positivly aid the sale of the item or answer a question."

this sample is from NC4x4.com
"Commerce Forum: RULES/INFORMATION <------------NEW MEMBERS READ BEFORE POSTING !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commerce Forum Rules/Information:
Clearly describe your item. If any helpful information about your item to assist in the sale and eliminate possible questions. Some helpful details to include are: year, make, model, milage, condition, color, tread depth, size, etc..
For best results include a photo of you item.
NOTE: Why Can't I Upload Pictures ?
Once your item(s) have been SOLD please edit your post to indicate it's been SOLD, or contact a Moderator for a prompt deletion.
90 Days - All ads not active for 90 days will automatically be purged from the system. If you wish to keep your ad active simply update it, or post a reply to your thread indicating you still have the item(s).
NO Commercial Ads - No advertising for a car dealers, or businesses there is a vendor forum. Private Party Sales only.
NO Group Buys - Outside the scope of this section, but may be addressed if needed.
NO E-bay/Craigslist Ads - If you want to sell it here, simply post your ad and your asking price, like everyone else.
NO Feeler Posts - or checking interest posts. Either you want to sell an item our you don't. If your not sure DON'T post.
NO Cross Posting - Do NOT post links to items posted on OTHER sites.
NO Chit Chat - This is NOT the forum to comment how cool somoene's chrome rims and Thornbirds are. Acceptable comments and questions should positivly aid the sale of the item or answer a question.
NO BS/Slams - No Slams or any negitive comments about an item. If you feel an item is over priced, simply don't buy it. If you must comment send the person a PM.
No posting of animals/pets for sale.
NO posting of guns for sale - This includes ANY type of gun. Don't post it. It is a liability issue that the board will not accept.
NO Controlled or regulated items - Basically if you need to be licensed or are required to fill out paper work to buy OR sell it, DON’T post it here. This includes explosives, regulated chemicals, etc. If your not really sure if you item meets this criteria. DON'T post it...
NAME - If your profile is complete you're all set, else you MUST include at a minimum your FIRST name. If your selling somthing for a friend they must be identified.
PRICE - All ads MUST include a price. This must be the price you realistically hope to get for the item. For example, you cannot put $1,000,000 as a price just to say that you did post a price. The point of this rule is to avoid buyers having to ask how much the seller wants. If you really want to sell your item, then you have a real price in mind that you will take for it, so post that price. Moderators will delete ads that have no price, or that have an obviously fabricated price just trying to avoid the rules.
LOCATION - All ads MUST include a location, (City, State)
CONTACT INFO - Specify additional contact information, if other than PM. i.e. e-mail, phone, etc.
NO Name, NO Location *OR* NO Price = POST DELETED.
SAMPLE TEMPLATES (CUT/PASTE if needed)

Sample Template:
Year/Make/Model:
Milage:
Description:
SELLER: First Name *
CONTACT INFO: Phone/Cell/Email
PRICE:*
* REQUIRED"
Old 02-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

i don't need an apology. I think you should have instead emailed the guy, and asked him to delete one of the threads.

I agree that this isn't a fair way to do it, and i absolutely agree that selling should be much more regulated here.

I objected solely to your choice of words, and tone. You have good points, but they get a bit lost in the way you put them out there.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:07 PM

PM sent on the MTR's im in costa mesa also
Old 02-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 465 Likes on 311 Posts
Condolences and best luck, I was drooling over that truck too.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Contributing Member

this is a for-sale section so any commerce should take place in this thread only, not the other asking for help since he is now stranded, so you guys arguing in his thread is a pretty dumb. he only mentioned in the other thread that parting out was an option, and listed the stuff. anyone that posted commerce related in that thread should DELETE their post and move it here.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did ya get a ride yet?
i wont be much help this sunday
Old 02-02-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if hes not shipping it, i asked about the complete motor (about 5th in line?)
Old 02-05-2007, 03:36 PM

That truck sold on Pirate4x4
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=550443&page=2

Last edited by Hyperlite; 02-06-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:30 PM

Whats the damages? Worth swapping a body?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 PM

im sorry am i on nc4x4???? oh wait im not. every forum has its guidelines, just because you think some other forum has better rules doesn't give those rules jurisdiction over here. if you like their rules so much more stay over there jackass.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by skoaq
im sorry am i on nc4x4???? oh wait im not. every forum has its guidelines, just because you think some other forum has better rules doesn't give those rules jurisdiction over here. if you like their rules so much more stay over there jackass.
:bigclap:
Old 02-06-2007, 04:43 PM

holy crap!!!! did you look at the pics on pirate???! that truck is toast! oh man, i feel so bad..
Old 02-06-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by skoaq

Originally Posted by AxleIke
:bigclap:

U2 have fun on your broke back mtn trip......
Old 02-06-2007, 08:38 PM

no insurance......................
isnt that against the LAW?????
thats gonna cost ya
Old 02-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by customcruiser

U2 have fun on your broke back mtn trip......

Sounds good, we'll meet you up there hombre.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:35 AM

I didnt think they made an 85 Turbo, let alone one with a 5 speed, was that a 86-87 SAS?, or did someone put a 86-87 body/engine/turbo 5speed(out of a truck) on an 85? I have an 86 turbo 4runner, love it, but have never seen an 85, I thought they only made them from 86-87 in the 4runner flavor.?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:18 AM

i the earlier thread he said he swapped it in, and the 85's come with FSA