Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Time for New Tires and Need Advice...Bridgestone or Michelin?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tulsa,
Are you an accountant? She is and that's what she said when I was reading your post to her. Good point. I'm now leaning heavily towards the Revos, with the white letters out I'll post some pics of my truck when I get them on, get my brush guard painted, and can get the truck cleaned up a little bit. Thanks for the advice guys. Here's my maintenance plan for the Revos. I was gonna start changing my own oil, but I think I'm gonna go this route instead. Every 5k miles I'll get.....

Tire rotation
Front end alignment
Oil change (with Mobil 1 SuperSyn that I'll buy from Sam's)
Total vehicle inspection

All of this for a whopping $35, which will probably be less since I'll be supplying my own oil. The same Firestone service center that is hooking me up on the tires (he gave me a pretty hefty discount since I'm a loyal customer) will do all of this maintenace for me. I'll probably get the wheels balanced every 7500 miles or so. The more I think about it, I really don't see how I can get less than 60k out of these tires if I take care of them as well as I have my current H/Ls. Later.

Matt
Old 08-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

I like white letters out on light colored cars and black out on dark ones. Seems to look better that way.

Oh...at Firestone get the lifetime alignment...very cheap if you keep the 4Runner for a long time.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Contributing Member

DavidA,
I've already got it. Definitely well worth $100. It's the main reason why I got 72k out of the H/Ls I've got now.

Matt
Old 08-16-2004, 04:07 AM
Contributing Member

Greetings,
MyTruck, those are great foto's!!! I'd love to drive in those parts some day but I've never been to your neck of the woods.
I did have a chance to go to training provided by Michelin Tire Co. I seem to move towards their products because of that training. They have a well made product and since my kid ride on them, I kinda trust them. Sears tires are also built by Michelin so if you buy Sears, your not getting an inferior product.

Mytruck, Post more pics like that!!

MV
Old 08-16-2004, 04:26 AM
Contributing Member

If you are driving over 2k miles a month, I would recommend the Michelin's. Why spend more money on a tire that won't last as long? My dad is on his 2nd set of LTX M/S on his 96 4Runner the first set lasted over 90K miles. I have the LTX A/T's and I currently have 25K miles on them and they still look new. I have no complaints with the wet weather traction, and I live on one of the states that get plenty of snow.

I would like a more aggressive set of tires for my next set, but I am not sure what brand yet, I used to work for Firestone, so I love Dueler's. If you actually put the LTX A/T and the Dueler Revo A/T side by side, the tread block is just a little more aggressive on the Dueler.