Maintenance & Repair Archives Note: This section will be merged in with the other tech areas soon, and is now closed

Get wax/polish off of black trim???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get wax/polish off of black trim???

When you have used the PC on your rig, waxed and polished, how do you get the wax off of the black trim? Guy I work with is trying to get it off his truck trim. Gets it to look ok, but then it looks like crap next time it rains (and this is in Seattle).
Old 02-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peanut butter and a toothbrush, followed by soay water. Then your favorite Trim Dressing, if desired. I know this works great on textured pieces like flares, bumper valence, etc...
Old 02-18-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Yoda
When you have used the PC on your rig, waxed and polished, how do you get the wax off of the black trim? Guy I work with is trying to get it off his truck trim. Gets it to look ok, but then it looks like crap next time it rains (and this is in Seattle).

David,

What Loosehead said. Also the next time around, make sure you have a roll of 1" wide masking tape. Tape down the parts you don't want wax on and remove when finished waxing.

Bob
Old 02-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking JGrimball

I detailed his rig with the PC and I told him that PB would take off any wax off his flares, weatherstripping, etc. that I missed and you would have thought I had told him to set his hair on fire by the look he gave me. But he later told me he did it anyway and it worked. Good ole PB goes with something else beside grape jelly!

Old 02-19-2004, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In order of preference:

#1 Black Again plastic cleaner/treatment stuff. Works wonders, both at cleaning the wax out, and for making the plastic bits look good for a loooonggg time.

#2 Klasse AIO. It's for the paint, but it's dandy on plastic trim, especially for removing old wax.

#3 Eagle A2Z wheel cleaner. Not quite as good as the above two, but pretty close.

None of the above take any time or effort to get the wax gunk out of the plastic.

#4 Peanut butter. It's a far distant fourth place, and takes a lot of work and time. But it beats just about everything else I've tried. I used to use it until I learned of the above.

Originally Posted by Yoda