Solid Axle Swaps, All Years Anything SAS related

Jokeplayer's SFAC

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoKEpLaYeR
Picture and status update.

Last time I posted I hadn't finished the rear, well it's mostly done now and sitting on some 5" TG springs for now. I still need to hook the brakes back up and figure out where I want the shocks.

I finally had a free weekend to wrench and made some more progress on the build up. The rig got a new clutch, dual cases, a twin stick, and a TrailGear low profile dual case crossmember!

I need to the BFG 35's mounted on my rims, figure out something for the front driveshaft, and replace the alternator. But it's feeling much closer to completion!
Lookin good! It looks a little high or maybe it's just cause the tires are so small and the springs haven't settled? I can't wait to get my duals in!!! Why don't you do a square driveshaft in the front? That's what I'll be doing...steel is pretty cheap right now too it could be done for under 50 bucks easily!

Last edited by 89silverpu; 07-20-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89silverpu
Lookin good! It looks a little high or maybe it's just cause the tires are so small and the springs haven't settled? I can't wait to get my duals in!!! Why don't you do a square driveshaft in the front? That's what I'll be doing...steel is pretty cheap right now too it could be done for under 50 bucks easily!
Probably a mix of unsettled springs and 33's. I've got four 35's for it. Just haven't bothered to get them mounted on my rims yet. I might go square, it's all gonna depend on how money looks when I get around to doing the driveshafts.