Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club's 44th annual TDS Safari @ Truckhaven

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about channel 17? Might as well choose one now so there isn't any confusion later on.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Expat
Yup, I'll be there with my 9yr old son Sam and his buddy. Boys weekend! I have paid my entry and donation but have not received any thing back to confirm. How long should I expect to wait to receive a confirmation (or don't they send one out at all)?

Mark,
They won't send a confirmation. As long as you got your registration in around the cut off date, you'll be fine. When you get there and go to the tech inspection, you'll be told to park. After you pull in and park, go up to the TDS registration area and go to the line with your last initial (ex: A-G. H-L- etc...) there you'll get your registration packet- including your raffle ticket and front TDS Safari sticker (needed to run the official trails). In addition, if you ordered any t-shirts (I got two) or hats or anything like that, you'll get them there also. Go back out to your044runner, grab one of the inspection guys, put your sticker on the front and your done! Then go party, wheel, setup camp or what ever floats your boat!

Mark, PM me over on 120, we can exchange phone numbers on so forth.
Robert
Old 02-25-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by dfireballd
How about channel 17? Might as well choose one now so there isn't any confusion later on.

If we can get a consensus, ch. 17 is fine. I'll let others in TTORA and 120 know, as well as my group.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:43 PM

I'll be rolling in Sat AM early. I am usually on Chan 22 (for USS England). We plan to do the TDS follow the way run sorta' thing in the AM and then something else later in the day and know the area pretty well . . . have lead runs in that part of Anza Borrego before.

The best places to camp are to follow the road to the end of the pavement and then up and over the hill, then on following up the wash a little nearly to the hills. I have GPS for the spot we’ve used before if that’ll help you guys. That way you’re back out of the regular mayhem which you’ll pass through on the way.

Folks definitely should think about paying and running the thing the Heeps do. It is fun and the Heepers are nice people!!! The proceeds go toward keeping the trails open and that helps us all!!!

Just my two cents.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:37 PM

sorry guys i ain't gonna make it....... i still have a house that is half apart and i am going to baja the week after so somethings gotta give..... sorry no fartruk antics for your entertainment this time
Old 02-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

I'm never gonna see the fartruk! j/k
Old 02-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dfireballd
I'm never gonna see the fartruk! j/k
You and me both. I have been wheeling with these guys for over a year and still have yet to see the Fartruck. I have seen pic's and it looks super Bad &$$.
Sooner or later it will happen and skies will part and the planets will come into alignment. Okay maybe thats a bunch of crap but I still think it would be cool.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Contributing Member

I'll just roll by Mikey's house and ask him to put it up on the curb a bit so I can say that I saw the Fartruk in action Seriously though Mikey, too bad you have to stay at home for this one.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:19 PM

all is going smoothly on the home front...

plan to head out fri, ch17...i can't wait
anyone mind if i drag a couple of Rovers with me to camp?
a Socal send off for me...
Old 02-26-2006, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fartruck is just a bi-product of the photochopping phenomenon, it is actually just a 2wd gardner's truck that Mikey has artisticly devloped with imaging software over the years.

If that isn't a run on sentence, I don't know what is.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by DennisDawg
I'll be rolling in Sat AM early. I am usually on Chan 22 (for USS England). We plan to do the TDS follow the way run sorta' thing in the AM and then something else later in the day and know the area pretty well . . . have lead runs in that part of Anza Borrego before.

The best places to camp are to follow the road to the end of the pavement and then up and over the hill, then on following up the wash a little nearly to the hills. I have GPS for the spot we’ve used before if that’ll help you guys. That way you’re back out of the regular mayhem which you’ll pass through on the way.

Folks definitely should think about paying and running the thing the Heeps do. It is fun and the Heepers are nice people!!! The proceeds go toward keeping the trails open and that helps us all!!!

Just my two cents.

Dennis,
Although no one has given me a consensus on ch #17, it doe's seem that that is where it looks like everyone will be. I gave you the description of the trucks in my group from Las Vegas on TTORA
Plus you have my phone #, and I have yours. We should be able to hook up down there. Don't know if my Cingular reception is any better there than it was last year. I had phone reception on the top of the hills, but not much in the valley & washes.

Last edited by my034runner; 02-26-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:18 AM

Just curiosu, but, is everyone that is going paying to go with the organized group? or is anyone just tagging along like I am?

If there are others like me, I think we should organize the unorganized scragglers. Just a thought.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:33 AM

photochopping no way and i have the cuts and weld burns to prove it......
Old 02-27-2006, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by my034runner
Dennis,
Although no one has given me a consensus on ch #17, it doe's seem that that is where it looks like everyone will be. I gave you the description of the trucks in my group from Las Vegas on TTORA
Plus you have my phone #, and I have yours. We should be able to hook up down there. Don't know if my Cingular reception is any better there than it was last year. I had phone reception on the top of the hills, but not much in the valley & washes.
That is because channel 22 is the only one anyone should ever use! Heee heee hehehe.

In camp you should have reception, though to be honest, Cingular rates kinda’ low, I had them and couldn’t get a signal in parts of my house!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by deathrunner
Just curiosu, but, is everyone that is going paying to go with the organized group? or is anyone just tagging along like I am?

If there are others like me, I think we should organize the unorganized scragglers. Just a thought.

I think, and this is just my two cents and I ain’t demanding folks do anything at all, but I think that folks should pay if they go. The event, porta-potties, coverage and all costs TDS money and the profits then go to off road groups that are working to keep the trials open for us (including the reopening of relatively nearby Coyote Canyon). Crashing that party is just bad etiquette. As a group, all 4-wheelers, simply must have unity to win these fights. Please pay and participate, get your TDS sticker and be a part of the team.

OK, off the soap box . . . rain this week but AZ looks like it’ll get maybe one day of rain and be dry for the event (but for some washes maybe).
Old 02-27-2006, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by DennisDawg
I think, and this is just my two cents and I ain’t demanding folks do anything at all, but I think that folks should pay if they go. The event, porta-potties, coverage and all costs TDS money and the profits then go to off road groups that are working to keep the trials open for us (including the reopening of relatively nearby Coyote Canyon). Crashing that party is just bad etiquette. As a group, all 4-wheelers, simply must have unity to win these fights. Please pay and participate, get your TDS sticker and be a part of the team.

OK, off the soap box . . . rain this week but AZ looks like it’ll get maybe one day of rain and be dry for the event (but for some washes maybe).
I thought I explained my situation. I guess I just won't go then. Have fun!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member

From the size of this event, I doubt that you not paying the registration fee is going to break them. I mean, it's not like you don't want to pay, you just have a situation and I'm sure you could make a donation to the club after the event and you have the $$$. Let's not bring the issue of money into this thread before things get outta hand.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:43 AM

How much is this run. One of my friend said it's liek 70 bucks. But now one of my buddies says it's liek 20. If it's that cheap I could probably swing it. I've never been out there (or at least it's been a while) so I'd rather run with a group.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:30 AM

Information about TDS can be found here:

http://www.tds4x4.com/tds_safari/safari.htm

The Reg. Form has the costs.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:49 AM

I have been unable to download the acrobat reader. Couldn't just tell me?

Quick Reply: Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club's 44th annual TDS Safari @ Truckhaven