YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club's 44th annual TDS Safari @ Truckhaven (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/tierra-del-sol-4x4-clubs-44th-annual-tds-safari-truckhaven-77453/)

my034runner 01-28-2006 10:37 PM

Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club's 44th annual TDS Safari @ Truckhaven

Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club's 44th annual TDS Safari @ Truckhaven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that a few of you have gone to the Truckhaven and Anza Borrego off road areas, but have you ever gone during the TDS 4x4 Safari? This is a pretty cool trip. It's one hell of a big party. The last couple of years, because of older trucks in our group coming down from Las Vegas breaking down, we arrived after dark. Coming down the road, with the Salton Sea on your left and the salt in the air, you leave the darkness, and it all of sudden looks like you're coming into Las Vegas! It's a pretty cool sight, 4x4 clubs from all over lighting up the darkness as far as the eye can see. Anyway, it's our goal to arrive there early on Friday and get set early, and go wheeling, and Then some drinking.

This trip isn't one you should miss, it's on the first weekend of March, every year for the last 44 years. You all can go to http://www.tds4x4.com/
or http://www.tds4x4.com/tds_safari/safari.htm and download the entry form. They also raise a lot of $$$ for the Blue Ribbon Coalition.

It would be great to see more than just me and maybe one or two other 4th gen 4Runners out there!! If any one is interested, let me know, we can have a Bigggg party of Toyota people out there. I'm trying to get some of the Las Vegas TTORA guys to go out also.
Thanks for your time. :devil: :drink: :rockin:
Robert

wifesaysimadumbass 02-02-2006 05:23 PM

i'm going so you wont be alone. we should get a yota camp going so we can goof off and have a good time...... i will be bringing my kids with me so we are'nt going to be partying too hard i hope

my034runner 02-03-2006 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
I'm going so you wont be alone. we should get a yota camp going so we can goof off and have a good time...... i will be bringing my kids with me so we aren't going to be partying too hard i hope

Sounds great! I should have 4 Toyota's (me included) + 1 big ass home built Chevy named "Big Red" in our group from Las Vegas. I'm trying to get some of the NVTTORA guys to come, but I don't think that any of them have a clue as to how cool a trip this is- even with 10,000 of your closest friends! Let me know where you're coming from, and we can try and meet up on that Friday. Who ever gets there first can reserve enough room for at least 6 vehicles, preferably somewhere near the main staging area. PM me, and I'll get you my phone number and home e-mail.
:rockon: :devil: :great:

Smiling_Jim 02-07-2006 08:15 PM

I haven't seen the Yotanuts in a while...

So I hope to make this trip with my son, and another guy or two. When it gets closer, we can figure out camp location and CB channels, etc...

We went last year with some Jeep folks. Saturday night in the 'pits' is a sight to not miss. :banger:

deathrunner 02-08-2006 07:08 AM

I should be coming out with my friend and his XJ. I'd be down tohang with the yota crowd.

TJMatt 02-09-2006 08:02 PM

I'm in. I'll try to get zach going to so we can represent So Cali.

Smiling_Jim 02-09-2006 08:23 PM

Have any of you guys run...

Truckhaven, Calcite Mine or Pumpkin Patch? I'd like to run those trails, but don't want to get in a line of 30 Jeeps.

I think a group of 5-10 trucks would be great as long as we have a trailboss who knows the route.

Any volunteers?

Marc P 02-09-2006 08:29 PM

I really hate having to pay to follow jeeps. I might go.

Warm up run Sunday the 19th at Carveacre???

socal98runner 02-09-2006 09:10 PM

We'll be making this one again for a day.

Remember, Truckhaven is open to EVERYONE. You do NOT have to pay to drive the trails. ONLY if you want to be part of the groups.

I showed up on Saturday last year and drove around for a couple of hours, then went home. It was fun and only cost me gas there & back.

Tanto 02-09-2006 09:56 PM

I'd be down with a run on the 19th. Marc P, I'll PM you my email address so you can tell me some more info about it. Your 4runner looks familiar....Smuggler's Run? I could definitely go to the Safari, although I'm not big on paying fees just to follow heeps.

geornnr 02-10-2006 05:41 PM

I'm gonna try everything I can to make it out. Last time it was as a passenger
with the socal Rovers and didn't wheel my own.
Yota camp this year!

Smiling_Jim 02-10-2006 06:27 PM

Like SC98 said...

We can do our own runs. We just need a trailboss who knows the route. You don't need to pay the entry fee. If you do, you get a raffle ticket for a shot at $10k worth of prizes.

The Saturday night spectacle of hardcore hardware is worth the price of admission.

Tanto 02-10-2006 10:10 PM

I'm definitely going. Bill, I think Eric needs to go to this one. I think I saw some pallets lying around somewhere that I could "borrow" for this trip.....

deathrunner 02-11-2006 08:48 AM

I'm up to do a yotatech thing there and skip on the payment as well.

I don't mind paying usually since it goes to help the trails, but I'm kinda strapped right now, so it would be better if it was free.

Expat 02-11-2006 12:14 PM

I'll pay for the T-shirt but I'd rather hang with a Yotatech/T4R/Toyota120 forum crowd.
I have most of the area trails on my GPS but we got a lost a few times when we were there last time trying to get the correct washes.
Should be heaps of fun. I'll be bringing two boys 9yrs old if anyone else has some kids.

ecchamberlin 02-11-2006 12:49 PM

THis sounds like it could be a lot of fun. IF... I can make this, the Yotatech/toyota owners group thing sounds like it would be a better way to go. Big group off road runs are usually really slow and kind of ruin it. Camping/Wheeling trips are where its at! :banger:

Let me work my magic with the boss (for you unmarried types, that means wife) LOL!

Tanto 02-11-2006 11:40 PM

Good to see that you're interested in going, Eric. Good luck with your boss.

Didn't know that the money goes towards the trails, though. Maybe I will make a donation after all.
YOTACAMP! :rockon:

Edit: Looks like a friend of mine is going to take his jeep up there as well and hang out with us for a day. I will be bringing one person in my truck.

Tanto 02-15-2006 06:00 AM

this thread's good for a bump...let's get a few more people going

Beerdrinker 02-15-2006 04:48 PM

I'll be going, maybe my friend in a very clean 85 extra cab and another friend in a cheeroke.

ecchamberlin 02-17-2006 05:54 AM

You know what happened to the last Cheeroke that went out with us!!!!! Just kidding.