Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club's 44th annual TDS Safari @ Truckhaven

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in for this. I should be able to get out of work at noon of Fri and head straight out. Will camp Fri night and Sat night.

Hope to see you all there.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:09 AM

i think everyone should try to buy a entry just for the raffle you can buy extra tickets like you could at superstition so 1 ticket per person and 50K plus in prizes might equal one of us coming home with some goodies
but for poor ass seth NOTHING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

I am still deciding if I am going. If I do go, I want to have our own run. I get tired of following heeps all day.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Marc P
I am still deciding if I am going. If I do go, I want to have our own run. I get tired of following heeps all day.
It sounds like we are going to the same place but doing our own thing.

Personally I get tired of stopping to pick up the pieces of jeeps and then explain why the parts fell out in the first place.

YOu should come out and play.

BTW
THe guy with the White Dcab, Ryan and I are doing his lift on Sunday if you want to drop bye and see us supersizing his Taco.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
i think everyone should try to buy a entry just for the raffle you can buy extra tickets like you could at superstition so 1 ticket per person and 50K plus in prizes might equal one of us coming home with some goodies
but for poor ass seth NOTHING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the last time I let you have your way with my mom.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
...BTW
THe guy with the White Dcab, Ryan and I are doing his lift on Sunday if you want to drop bye and see us supersizing his Taco.
That's right, it WILL be supersized for Del Sol!

Are there plans for a big fire to let everyone there know where Yotacamp is?? starting to find wood now (or a VW block ) would probably be ideal...
Old 02-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dfireballd

Are there plans for a big fire to let everyone there know where Yotacamp is?? starting to find wood now (or a VW block ) would probably be ideal...
Not to highjack the thread but It will be supersized but will it have mini cooper tires on it still is the real question.

Almost done wiring up my new Hellas and roof side lighting. I cannot wait for another over nighter run.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:38 PM

I'm skipping a trip to Vegas with two hot German chicks for TDS Safari, this better be fun!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:10 PM

well hell...I'll take them to Vegas!!! you have fun in the desert. send me pictures ha ha!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Josh, just take the german chicks to TDS....they'll never know the difference. It will be lit up with headlights, plenty of alcohol, People losing money left and right(Breaking stuff), People winning stuff (50k), buffets (Well, more like bbq) and it's ou tin the desert. It's pretty much exactly vegas, but we'll be there.....
Old 02-23-2006, 09:17 PM

They're going to Vegas regardless, there just begging me to go with them probably because I know a little German... his name's Klaus One of them is going back to the Fatherland on the 10th, thats the only reason they chose that weekend. Besides I don't think they could Erwin Rommel-it at Truckhaven, higher maintenence than BMW's.

I had already planned on going to TDS and promised alot of people I would go. I'm not going to miss it.

I'll be crusing out early that Friday or even camp Thursday night to get a spot. A bunch of people I know are going. It's definately going to be a fun weekend.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Contributing Member

how's the cellphone reception around this area? Reason I'm asking is that a friend of mine is coming a little late and he'll be driving a car...
Old 02-24-2006, 06:42 PM

I was chatting with Eric when he rolled up at the campsite. You should have full signal.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah no problem. Even my Cingular works there. Also by then we will have a CB installed as well.

Are we headed out to basically the same spot that we were at last time?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by dfireballd

My group from Las Vegas is coming down in two groups now, early morning Friday (me & Tom) and the late shift (Brett, Statler, Dan and their wives after work). I'm bring some "yellow Police tape" to hopefully stake out enough room for for a bunch of us. I think that "DennisDawg" over on TTORA is going to be using Ch. 22 when he gets out there Sat. So we could all dial up that, and hopefully hear each other. I want to be somewhere close to the TDS complex/ staging area. We're bringing a motorhome and now three or four Toyota's, one jeep, and "Big Red", also about four or five quads.

Last year we had a raging fire, as well did our neighbors. Tom and Oscar are bringing thier kids, so we'll have other kids, and a tv for them to watch in the motorhome, videos, games etc... for them. If anyone wants exchange phone numbers, pm me.
But, I've already paid for my registartion and donation to the Blue Ribbon Coalition, they raise a lot of money @ TDS to help keep our trails open, so everybody don't be too cheap, you might even win a prize of unspeakable value.

I think that we're running the red and blues, but Sunday is a free day, as well is Friday after camp set up.

All in all, I'm glad that I started this thead, there seems to be more people going from Yotatech then all of my other posts on this topic. I think that Mark(Expat-toyota120.com) will be coming out. I need to remeber if I posted this up @ t4r.org. I'll go check now- Lets wheel!

Last edited by my034runner; 02-24-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Phalanx
I'm skipping a trip to Vegas with two hot German chicks for TDS Safari, this better be fun!!

Hey!! You better be bringing those two hot German chicks with you!!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:11 AM

How many 4th gen 4Runners? :rockband:
Old 02-25-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by my034runner
I think that Mark(Expat-toyota120.com) will be coming out. I need to remeber if I posted this up @ t4r.org. I'll go check now- Lets wheel!
Yup, I'll be there with my 9yr old son Sam and his buddy. Boys weekend! I have paid my entry and donation but have not recieved any thing back to confirm. How long should I expect to wait to recieve a confirmation (or don't they send one out at all)?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member

I'll be registering after i get paid. Upgrading my suspension = grrrr while the parts are still sitting on my floor....can't wait

Sounds like the TTORA guys are gonna be using CB ch 22 out there. I take it we're going to stay with the YT standard of Ch 4.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

Good question. Kinda sounds like that Ch22 is an event channel with priority use only. Ch4 is sort of an off roaders standard and we may want to pick something for ourselves because it will be wall to wall off roaders.

Quick Reply: Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club's 44th annual TDS Safari @ Truckhaven