Land Usage & Off Road Responsibility Discussion pertaining to the education of proper land usage, closures, and responsible off road driving

WHY are they doing this to me? NJ laws suck

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea, I want out but aint go nowhere to go.

I aint lookin to wheel really. I just spent about 600 bucks getting my T100 squared away thanks to bad front calipers, bad rear wheel cylinders, and front suspension parts. Thats all cost for parts too, since I work at a shop.

I would be down for a meet and greet really. I sent Tacoma a PM already and all too. If we cant wheel, then we can at least organize a meet and greet and plan a trip some time. Better than nothing..

Do own a nice sport quad and we can go riding quads around if ya guys got them or go to the local decent wheeling area by me. Nothing special but its a place to go..
Old 12-13-2007, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been riding the Shee the past 6 Sunday's up in the Chatsworth area. It's not too cold yet for that and still have some time left to hit the dirt in the Yota before the ground freezes up. I'd like to meet up.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Works for me, you do the chattsworth ORV park or such?

I got an 86 zuk 230 sport with bigbore and dg exhaust i found on craigslist awhile back. Used to have a banshee but gave it up when i moved and sold everything-aint even got a proper helmet :0

Anyways we should try and shoot for a meet and all. I got off the whole weekend next week if it aint to cold maybe we can do some kinda wheeling.

Anyone interested in meeting up and future wheeling in NJ should talk about it here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/nj-people-132277/
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jusfloorit
Here's the thing with New Jersey. 10 years ago nobody cared about atv's and trucks because there were hardly any people in jersey. Because Jersey is in between Philadelphia and New York, the population from urban sprall (sp.) has skyrocketed.

Now all those people have now moved into places where wheeling and riding atv's were the norm. Developments have sprouted up around these areas and the new homeowners don't agree or understand why theres all these trucks and atv' riding around in "their area" and they want it stopped. Little did they know or care that where they live now was "our" property.

In New Jersey, he who has the money wins. Jersey is corrupt beyond repair. Taxpayers will always have the winning hand in this game. These taxpayers in "their area" will always win the battle over people who just want to enjoy what they liked doing for years FOR FREE. If what you're doing in new jersey is free, it's illegal and jersey will fine you for it now to get their share.

You will never understand how jersey works unless you lived here all your life and grew up here. 10 years ago jersey was a great place. You could go anywhere and not be bothered or be the topic of concern. We were "pineys" and were respected because we were the ones who cared for the pine barrens, Not the flashy inner city folk who have the money and wanted to get away from the city life that they destroyed and now they want to destroy "my land".

Write all the letters you want to Jersey and it won't do any good. In fact, you will make things worse. Leave it alone. Your letters will only be a sign of offence and will make it harder to enjoy what's left of the Pines.

I ride my Banshee and wheel my Yota in Jersey cause it's MY state. I was here first. Not some snot nosed city head who lives where i rode and thinks it's theirs. You can't and won't stop the Pineys, the real people who love the Pines.
You can talk all you want about how hard it is. I believe you, you don't have to convince me.

If you wheel illegally, you are an enemy to all 4wheelers everywhere. I don't care how you justify it, its wrong. Period.

I'm not saying we're all innocent. There is a trail out here, Carnage Canyon, where the trail has been so damaged that about 70% is actually "off-trail". However, looking at it, you would guess that the actual trail is the "off-trail" part. It is insane. And, you guessed it, it's being closed down.

I'm happy that CJM knows of legal wheeling. I hope you take him up on it. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to closing terrain.

Am I a dick? You bet.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I want to remind everyone here that YotaTech takes Tread Lightly! seriously.
https://www.yotatech.com/conduct/index.htm

Do not talk about illegal wheeling in areas where YOU KNOW that it is illegal to be there.

While you may want to risk a ticket, you are also getting exposure for the anti 4wheeling people who have MORE on THEIR sides than 4wheelers ever will have.
Politicians are going to side with the ones who support their campaigns, and the anti 4wheeling people indeed do lobby for them.

I am closing down this thread now.
If you want to do something about the trails in your area, then get out there and write letters, attend meetings, even contact Tread Lightly! for help on the matter.

There are many responsible 4wheelers here on YotaTech and elsewhere that can help you get started in the right direction.
You need only ask how.