General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

So...what extra stuff do you carry for winter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing extra, it rarely gets below freezing here
Old 12-05-2007, 07:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i honestly think just a 4runner is enough lol, but damn some of you guys i gotta say like live in the outback.

needle and thread? your really gonna need to patch a jacket in the dead of winter? someones gonna be dieing and your gonna go freaking gurilla style and hand stitch them? wow. crazy stuff.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by digdug
I carry a glock 27 and 4 mags of double tap. It gives me emergency access to all the crap you carry.
gonna wish you brought a shotgun when i pull mine out, i never make a long trip without it. or if not we can have a john woo shoot out your glock vs my HK USP45, i have it with me in the truck, or car, 90%+ of the time. if you happen to catch me on a day I left naked, i will have my .38, i'm never caught without her close by. never good to assume you are the only one that is armed.

Last edited by AntiVenom7; 12-05-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:42 PM

i dnt carry anything xtra. i carry my spare jack n 4way and a racket n sockets year round. if i get stuck ill call my friend n his heep will come get me
Old 12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

All the usual winter warmies, and a bit more spare parts than usual.

The most important thing that I carry is this:

Old 12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh geez, I carry stuff all the time in my truck box. Its alot of gear too..

But basically the following:
Extra pair of boots
3 pairs of socks (1 pair wool, 2 regular)
2 pairs undies
2 t-shirts
sweatshirt
USGI long johns
Warm hat
Ball cap
2 pairs jeans
Rainsuit
Poncho (rain and makes a expedient shelter)
Quilted fleece jacket
Older winter jacket
Gloves

Toolset with common sizes and stuff
Every kinda spay imaginable that I may need
Air compressor (tsunami, the pepboys one)
Jumper cables
Maglite
Shovel
Snowbrush/pick
Antifreeze (premix), oil, atf, brake fluid
Ratchet straps
Assorted Bungees
Tow strap
Tire chains
Tire plug kit

Survival kit:
Heavy wool blanket
Pack with gear (to long to list, but suffice to say I can use it all and its a decent bit of stuff-more prepared than a boyscout) See here for more info: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/w.../#post50381604
Candles
Gel heatpacks
Small butane stove
Mountainhouse freeze dried meals
Tunafish
Beef jerky
Water wrapped in aluminum foil and kept wrapped in that wool blanket so it wont freeze. I also open and drink about 1/4 of it incase it does freeze
Cookset
Small hatchet and saw
Knife
Old 12-05-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I carry, pretty much all year round:

CB (truck mounted)
Tools - sockets, breaker bar, lots o' other stuff
Hatchet
Towstrap
Ratcheting straps
Tire patch kit
Air pump
Jumper cables
ATF, Motor Oil, Brake Fluid, WD40
Repair Manual
Jack
Flashlight
Bungees
Rope
Knive(s)
Sleeping Bag
1 Coat (winter only)
1 Fleece sweater
1 Pair wool socks
Gloves
Hat
1+ Gal. Water
.22 Rifle + ammo (better than nothing, don't want my '06 rusting back there)
Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You don't need all that extra crap. Just drive one of these bad boys:

Old 12-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Beside tools and stuff, I just put together a survival kit that can used for both winter, a disaster, or whatever else would require me to break it out to use it.

I also carry three first aid kits, and a few cases of bottled water in the rig, and a few light blankets.

The pack with the two-way radios has the cooking pot and stove, and a few other things, and the other pack has all of the Mountain House freeze dried food and some dehydrated fruit in it.

Also seen on one of the packs is the Gerber LMF II Infantry Black survival knife I just picked up.
It has a built in sharpener in the scabbard, and the end of the handle can be used as a hammer, and the point on the end of the handle is one of those window smashers just like the Life Hammer in case you need to break out one of your rigs windows.
http://www.gerberstore.com/index.php...empage&xid=757

In the first picture below is a Camping Gaz stove with cartridge, an MSR cooking pot, the granola bars in the baggies fit into the pot for storage.
Emergen-C packets of vitamin C that boost your immune system, one twin pack of 5 Hour Energy Drinks, dehydrated fruit, a small blow torch for lighting the stove, or setting on fire a terrorists beard, and plenty of freeze dried food with breakfast and dinner entrees, and plastic forks/spoons.

Not shown between the rear seats and the cargobox are two six packs of bottle water.
That will be used for reconstituting the food after it is brought to a boil on the stove, and for drinking water.

Work even tells us we should have a survival pack in our vehicles, as if we were stuck at work for some reason, the cafeterias would run out of fresh food awfully fast.
I have about three days of food there.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:22 PM

I bring cloths warm blankets, extra axle parts, an ax, a shovel, a window scraper, alot of food, and a working cb
Old 12-06-2007, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by AntiVenom7
gonna wish you brought a shotgun when i pull mine out, i never make a long trip without it. or if not we can have a john woo shoot out your glock vs my HK USP45, i have it with me in the truck, or car, 90%+ of the time. if you happen to catch me on a day I left naked, i will have my .38, i'm never caught without her close by. never good to assume you are the only one that is armed.

That was just a little joke I posted earlier. But I am always armed with at least my p3at and a few extra mags 24/7. That seems to be what I need most in my jungle.

I don't carry anything in the winter that I don't all the rest of the time. Other than a light jacket, we don't get snowed in in florida much. With all the crap some of these people carry, I'm convinced they could last months in the wilderness. I have things I carry when I go in the woods, but not everyday.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:17 PM

I don't carry anything extra but I do carry a few things https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f153...s-pics-128138/