General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

How do you like your Jump seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you like your Jump seats?

I'm just curious if you guys have utilized your jump seats for long trips?

I plan on doing a fishing trip, and we would need to take 3 ferries to go where I want to go. We wouldn't be in the truck while we were on the ferries obviously, but there would be about a 4 hour drive in between 2 of the ferries, and then everyday to the fishing spot about half an hour to an hour of driving to the fishing spot and such on a well graded logging road.

To cut down on the costs of the ferry, if I took myself and 2 people, instead of myself and 1 person, it would reduce the cost of the trip a lot since you pay a flat fee for your vehicle to go on the ferry, plus for each adult as well.

So last night night, since we had a power outtage, I took a book out to the truck and I moved the passenger seat up to a "manageable position," and the driver seat up to a position where I could drive myself (I'm 6'0" tall) and then I sat in the back. I sat facing forward behind the passenger seat with the seatbelt on (remember I already positioned the front passenger seat to seat myself with ok leg room), and then I lounged out accross the jump seats as well to test different seat positions. Aside from the need for a pillow behind my back if I lounged out accross, I didn't find it too bad. I must have sat back there in different positions for maybe 20-30 mins say. If I could level out the area in the back with the top of the jump seats so I could lay down properly, it would be absolutely fine and I would have no issues I don't think.

So I'm wondering if you guys have done a trip with 3 people (including driver) in your xtracab pickup or TAcoma, and what were your thoughts? Is it as bad as some people say? Or do you think it could be manageable? I also would switch up the occupants after an hour or two, maybe let someone else other than myself drive and I"ll sit back there, etc. Most of my fishing buddies are around my height.

Last edited by CoedNaked; 03-09-2006 at 07:37 PM. Reason: change
Old 03-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been stuffed in the back for a couple hours and as long as you sit fine I never had a prob....just sit sideways and take a pillow for your back like you said
Old 03-10-2006, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we have people sit back there all the time. we have had 2 people in the back on 5 hour trips. and even three people in the back on hour long trips.
over all it not that bad bark there but i its just going to be 1 person in the back sit sidways with a pillow and its fine.