General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Any fab shops in western washington (state)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any fab shops in western washington (state)?

I cant aford a nice tube bender just yet but I want a few things made.

Are there anybody north of Centrailia and south of Puyallup in Washington state that could either make a few things or get a few bends made for me?

Anyone?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 AM

nwwheelers.com
There's a lot of guys on there that do fab work, also check craigslist under autoparts search for 'custom bumpers', some guys doing fab work will come up there's even a guy in Oly. Let's go wheeling!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My shops getting a bender very soon but until then I agree check out NW-wheelers. Lots of great fabricators on there.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the tip guys. I just joined and posted this over there too.

Originally Posted by rusm
Let's go wheeling!
A friend of mine is going to Tahuya with some people I dont know. He invited me to go and I figured I would at least go see why everyone says its soo lame. Plus I still have IFS and like getting used to its capabilities. I find that taking a good line does wonders, but hell im still getting used to it.

He is going down there on friday so I may be down there friday or saturday if anyone wants to go?

FillsRunner4- I love the look of your rig! It looks soo mean with the axle/ tire combo.

Last edited by Slideshow86; 11-25-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Slideshow86

A friend of mine is going to Tahuya with some people I dont know. He invited me to go and I figured I would at least go see why everyone says its soo lame.
Hey! It's not that Lame, and it's getting better. A few new trails out there, I belong to the Quadrapaws and we maintain Tahuya/build new trails with the DNR's blessing. A few new trails there, plus a monster rock crawl section that I guarantee nothing but the heaviest modified rig can make up/down. Tell your friends to check out yellowjacket (new) and of course the rock crawl, take the right fork when entering the trail system and follow it, you'll run right into the rocks.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:08 PM

There is a guy in Mcleary that runs a muffler shop. its right off the main exit heading into mcleary you will see it. Hes cheap and does a great job. Hes got a nice bender and will bend anything you need. Check him out.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:30 AM

I didnt mean to say it was lame. Everyone keeps telling me its lame and I cant ever get anyone to go out there with me to check it out so im headed out there to see what its like.

My rig is still IFS with 4" lift on 33's with open/open so if I want to make it anywhere I need to choose a good line or beat the crap out of it but there is still some I cant make it over. I cant afford to put any $ into it right now but I still want to play AND I want to make sure its on land that wont "hurt the cause" or make us look bad, I hate people like that.

Crazyeye- Are you talking about a muffler bender or a tube bender? They are called the same thing but the muffler bender wont bend thick DOM tubing.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 PM

Tahuya has changed since I was there last. There were alot of stock rigs rolling around but there was still a bit to get an IFS rig stuck on.

It wasnt too bad for somthing mild with a few wild things in there. Atleast it would be somthing clost to home to "legally" go do some testing and tuning if someone needed to.

I noticed you said you build trails with DNR's blessing. Why dont you try to get the ok to throw a few work partys after winter and make some new trails. I saw a lot of things that "could" be a trail....... I would say it needs more "medium" difficult trails.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:48 PM

there is a shop off highway 12 between grand mound and elma that has a really nice mandrel bender its RJ equipt service 360-482-4982 ask for ron he does good work alot of tig welded aluminum and stainless
Old 01-15-2010, 08:23 PM

Since you're coming up to Tahuya, swing by Bremerton, there is a shop here in town. Take Callow into town off the freeway, hang a right on Kitsap Way and it's about a block in on the left. Can't think of the name off hand, but they do all kinds of fab work.