Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Weber carb manual choke install

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weber carb manual choke install

Just got a weber 32/36 for my 22r. I opted for the manual choke because I am a control freak (at least when it comes to machines...) and I was hoping for some good advice before I just start drilling and ripping stuff out. I was wondering how anyone else here has routed the linkage. I don't have a cigarette lighter, just the plastic factory block plate where it goes, and this seems like a good spot for the install. Just looking for opinions. Where have you put yours? Is there a better or worse spot to drill through the firewall to route the cable? Thanks for the info!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bruinpilot
Just got a weber 32/36 for my 22r. I opted for the manual choke because I am a control freak (at least when it comes to machines...) and I was hoping for some good advice before I just start drilling and ripping stuff out. I was wondering how anyone else here has routed the linkage. I don't have a cigarette lighter, just the plastic factory block plate where it goes, and this seems like a good spot for the install. Just looking for opinions. Where have you put yours? Is there a better or worse spot to drill through the firewall to route the cable? Thanks for the info!
Hey, I used the factory hole right next to the cig lighter. Then I ran it onto the speedo cable, thru the same hole in the fire wall, then up on the heater hoses and the turned it to the weber. zip tied it all the way and it works well.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you guys get a kit from weber,or just old school generic.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by plowzilla
Hey, I used the factory hole right next to the cig lighter. Then I ran it onto the speedo cable, thru the same hole in the fire wall, then up on the heater hoses and the turned it to the weber. zip tied it all the way and it works well.
Thanks Plowzilla.

That's a great idea to run it on the speedo cable... No drilling. I think the cig lighter spot is perfect...

I am using the weber kit for the manual choke install. Comes with the knob and cable.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by cman1
did you guys get a kit from weber,or just old school generic.
I used the old school generic.......from Weber LOL..same shat
Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 PM

I have installed the weber and have routed the manual choke cable using the speedo hole that Plowzilla mentioned. I am happy with how the cable is routed. I am having a problem though with the cable. I can engage the choke, but the cable seems too flimsy to disengage it. I am using the cable that came with my kit. I was wondering if anyone else had any issues with this cable? I am considering buying a new one that can push as well as pull. I have never installed a choke cable and tried to keep the bends to a minimum so, I don't think it is not working due to operator error, however, it could be... Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:48 PM

Make sure you zip tie it well. I tied mine under the dash then tied them on the heater hoses against the fire wall several times until it turns to the choke. Make sure your bends are "sweeping" and not to sharp. Mine works well this way.