Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

94 Pickup blinker issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 Pickup blinker issues

Hey guys, not sure if I should put this in the newbie forum or the 3rd gen section, but whatever, someone can move it if it should be.

I'm having an small electrical issue, and I'll try to give as much info in hopes that someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I did search and found one thread that had a similar issue - https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...lights-118948/

Basically my blinkers/4ways are acting up. It seems like it's never the same thing every time, but when I push the brake down, one side of my blinkers will come on solid, both in the front and the back, and when this happens I don't get a brake like on the side the blinker comes on.

Sometimes BOTH blinkers come on solid and sometimes when using the blinkers (and I don't have my foot on the brake) both sides blink (like my 4-ways are on).

A few more things I noticed. It's very random, one second it will be the right side, next it will be left, and then it will be ok for a while.

It really only happens in the rain or when there's snow on the ground. In the summer time when it's dry out I have no issues. My guess is the issue is here. I'm guessing I have a bad ground, exposed wire, ect somewhere. But that's the thing, I don't even know where to begin to look.

One last thing. is there any possibility it could be a head light switch? A little under a year ago my headlights would intermittently go out, and if I giggled the headlight switch they'd come back on. Eventually it got so bad I had to hold it in JUST the right spot for them to stay on. The whole time the Hi-Beams worked great and I had no other electrical issues. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it stopped happening and now my headlights work great, but shortly after I noticed this blinker issue.

I really do appreciate any help, and I hope this wasn't too long. I just wanted to make sure I got all the details.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
sounds like your blinker fluid is low! lol

but really i hope someone can help you!