Zuk Mod Question on '92 2WD Pickup;Only have U-Bolts on Top of Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flash photography in the dark makes it look really bad lol
Old 05-31-2017, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by ZUK
Some fabrication may be required.....But you might be able to talk me into making 4 mounts. Bottom mounts can "float" and be u-shaped.......top can be bolted with 2 small 1/4" bolts I figure so you may have to use a 1/4" drill bit on the side of the frame.I need to know the width of the leafpacks.
It's not so much the fancy exotic metals that I won't be using...it's the measuring,cutting, and MIG welding that takes some time.

What is the distance available between leafpack and frame?

the 2.5" I.D. coil springs.....$39 each..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RACING-COILOVER-SPRING-2-1-2-ID-X-12-TALL/290014123883?_trksid=p1713.m153.l1262&category=107 061&ih=019&item=290014123883&vxp=mtr

These mounts are only to give you an idea of what I mean by u-shaped.....

Thanks so much for the offer, ZUK, and I might take you up on it, once I get to NYS.

Do you (OR ANYONE) have a recommendation for some shocks that might help me through this 1500 mile trek? My mechanic (I know...the shame, the shame!) tells me that some Rancho HDs would work, or perhaps some Rancho air-adjustable rear shocks would give me the help I need NOW (moving in @ 8 days). He tells me the Bilstein HDs would be overkill for my little 2WD, and perhaps be too stiff. I'd rather not spend 200-300 dollars, as new complete leaf packs wouldn't be much more money. ANY IMMEDIATE help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for everything, in advance!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:10 AM

I guess I will put the question out to everyone; what Rancho HD shocks for an 89-95 base regular cab pickup would you guys suggest? Air-adjustable would work (given they are not hundreds of dollars), but any suggestions would be helpful, and considered. (Except the sicks suggestion; I wear once, and toss in the dirty clothes hamper!)

Thanks all, in advance! Amazon links, or at least model numbers would be very helpful. Thanks again!

LeftCoast