Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vacuum outlet at the top of the Intake Manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacuum outlet at the top of the Intake Manifold?

Hello forum members! I'm new to the site and have a quick question because I'm fairly new to these Toyota's. I'm working on a 94 4runner 3.0. It's throwing an EGR code so right now I'm trying to get all the vacuum lines squared away and will refer to Code 71 threads when the time comes. Because I have a 95 and a 94 3.0 I've looked at the vacuum line routes on the 95 because it has had no work on the vacuum lines. I noticed at the very top of the air intake on the 95 and 94 that there is a lone stub for a vacuum line and it is capped off on the 95. It points toward the dash when looking at the engine from under the hood. The recently purchased 94 has one too, the engine has been rebuilt on the 94 and they have connected the vacuum line that goes behind the plenum to that stub out on top of the air intake manifold and actually capped off one of the stubs to right of it.

Based on looking at the 95 and diagrams I've seen of the vacuum lines (which doesn't show that capped off stub at the top of the air intake) I'm thinking they put the vacuum in the incorrect position?

Any info on what that stub is used for and why it is there would be appreciated. Thank You for your time.

Last edited by -VikingsTw-; 11-03-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Correction the vacuum stub that is capped and not shown in the vacuum diagrams is on top of the Throttle Body.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:37 PM

This is the 94, you can see the stub on the right that is capped with a screw and short piece of hose, (was just purchased), the lose vacuum line is the stub that is capped on the 95 but where they had it ran to right now.
This is the 95 where the stub is capped.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:52 PM

Received 822 Likes on 649 Posts
See if this helps: This is a '94, but I believe the capped port is in the same place on all 2d gens.

The labels on the throttle body are P, E, R, with P going to the TVV to the Evap Canister, and E and R to the EGR Modulator.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:01 PM

That's definitely it. Looks like the guys that rebuilt it put the vacuum in the wrong position. Still wondering what that cap is for why that stub is there. I'll get it changed around as I'm gonna put in some new vacuum line, some of them are very lose.