Sponsored by: DashLynx

Name your injector parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 02:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Name your injector parts

The fastest growing quiz senstion.

KNOW YOUR INJECTOR PARTS.

Im packing up my injectors to send off to get ballanced at Cruzin Performace.

THey indicate they replace things like o-rings etc as part of the injector service.

THe question is of the above parts, what do they replace and what do i need to replace.

youll notice in the pic the injector on the right is missing the green cap, i was told this cap (forget the technial name) is replaced as part of the service.

SHould i get new spacers (mine are hard plastic) with an o-ring around them (in the above pic on either ends)

then you have the insulator that fits around the bottom of the injector and fits into the spacers. (as seen on the middle injector)

then the grommet and o-ring ontop that gets seated in the fuel rail. the top most o-ring is the one people mention about replaceing if you take them out as they will shurly leak when you put them back in if you dont.

so i know the o-ring on the top gets replaced in the service, but what about the grommet and insulator.

if i get new spacers do they come with the o-ring (on the bottom) and insulators?

someone already been down this path??

Thanks
Old 12-17-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not been there or done that. i would make sure any rubber or plastic part is replaced(except where the electrical connection is) ask first. most likely will be part of the service. i know people who have done this and have been very happy with the results. they should send a before and after report too.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

You should be getting the top o-ring, the green pintle cover, maybe the bottom insulator, prob not the plastic spacer/oring

Ask them what they include.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member

i sent mine to a guy on ebay, he replaced the pintle cap, upper o-ring, the upper spacer, and the lower grommet
Old 01-01-2006, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anything rubber...just did mine...i was leakin gas from an o-ring... NAPA sells a fuel injector kit that includes the 2 grommet things, and oring. No more leaks...well except for my new antifreeze leak! BTW i have a 22re...i think there is a second o ring on the V6.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent mine to Washington and they replaced upper o-ring and bottom insulator. If you want you can pull the bottom plastic grommets out and there is an o-ring that seals them to the intake. Replace them but make sure the o-ring is the right one for it or you will play hell getting the grommets pounded back down into the intake. I broke 2 of mine before I went to another o-ring. Plus I put a little gas on my finger and on the o-ring to help it seat. While you're in there you might as well replace all fuel injection seals (brass washers) on the fuel pipes.