Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Lost Power after playin in the mud HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
What exactly was yours doing?
And when you replaced your Fuel Injectors it fixed it?
Because i havent even thought about that seeing as that they were somewhat closed in, but im willing to try anything.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bojangles
What exactly was yours doing?
And when you replaced your Fuel Injectors it fixed it?
Because i havent even thought about that seeing as that they were somewhat closed in, but im willing to try anything.
well it would sputter, run rich, in the rain it'd go faster pushing it. bogged down, had like a 6 second delay on throttle.

it was only in the rain, then the day after it would dry, then the next day itd be fine.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 AM

Reviving this thread!!!!!!!!!

Probably 2 months after you posted this reply AZkid,
One of my injectors went out and i was running on 3 cylinders.
Which bout shook the teeth out of my mouth.
I went ahead, bit the bullet, and bought 4 new injectors.
(i could hear my wallet crying)
Got my truck back at the end of the day from the shop (one of my buddies replaced them for a little of nothing)
Since then i havent had a whole lot of problems with the truck.
But recently we had some heavy rain, and my truck lost acceleration again...Couldn't figure out for the life of me what was going on.
Well that day i noticed that i had some water leaking from under my dashboard onto my passenger side floor mat..."Dang, ive got a leak somewhere"....
Well i put that thought aside and later that day my truck dried out and ran fine.
The other day a buddie of mine was talking to me and i mentioned my problem to him, He started laughing and said, "my ole yota had the same problem...You know how i fixed it?"
By this time he had my attention and he said "I had a leak at the bottom passenger side of the wind shield and it was going behind my dashboard...Do you know whats under the passenger side of that dashboard?" I said Obviously the comput.......ahhhhhhhhh!
Hahaha
The ole fella said "Yessir, and ill tell you how to fix it, go to wally world, get you a bottle of super glue, and a big glad container, glue it around the computer onto the firewall, then cut the bottom out for ventilation...So the water will drip ontop, and run down the side, but never touch the computer...So as long as your ok with a little leak, you'll be fine."
Obviously the answer to my, and A LOT of other people's problem is...
DONT GET MAD...GET GLAD!!!!!!!!!!!
i plan on doing this soon, and posting results.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bojangles
Reviving this thread!!!!!!!!!

Probably 2 months after you posted this reply AZkid,
One of my injectors went out and i was running on 3 cylinders.
Which bout shook the teeth out of my mouth.
I went ahead, bit the bullet, and bought 4 new injectors.
(i could hear my wallet crying)
Got my truck back at the end of the day from the shop (one of my buddies replaced them for a little of nothing)
Since then i havent had a whole lot of problems with the truck.
But recently we had some heavy rain, and my truck lost acceleration again...Couldn't figure out for the life of me what was going on.
Well that day i noticed that i had some water leaking from under my dashboard onto my passenger side floor mat..."Dang, ive got a leak somewhere"....
Well i put that thought aside and later that day my truck dried out and ran fine.
The other day a buddie of mine was talking to me and i mentioned my problem to him, He started laughing and said, "my ole yota had the same problem...You know how i fixed it?"
By this time he had my attention and he said "I had a leak at the bottom passenger side of the wind shield and it was going behind my dashboard...Do you know whats under the passenger side of that dashboard?" I said Obviously the comput.......ahhhhhhhhh!
Hahaha
The ole fella said "Yessir, and ill tell you how to fix it, go to wally world, get you a bottle of super glue, and a big glad container, glue it around the computer onto the firewall, then cut the bottom out for ventilation...So the water will drip ontop, and run down the side, but never touch the computer...So as long as your ok with a little leak, you'll be fine."
Obviously the answer to my, and A LOT of other people's problem is...
DONT GET MAD...GET GLAD!!!!!!!!!!!
i plan on doing this soon, and posting results.
interesting method
Old 10-23-2010, 10:26 AM

Hey...As long as it works right?
Its a great temporary solution.