Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Isr Mod Done Today,pics & What I Noticed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is the throttle body and MAF outlet 3" diameter? What diameter on the 2 vacuum hoses (so i know what fittings to buy) and the breather??

I've had a MAF adapter and conical filter lying around but haven't found the time, looks like i'll be playing with pvc tomorrow

Last edited by LS1Steve; 07-31-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
Thanks. It's not anything special. It was the cheapest route I could take. Works just the same, though.

Maybe you are already aware of this, but I thought I'd mention it...just cause it's something I became aware of running a K&N. When it's dry and dusty....if ever it is where you live...you might consider changing your motor oil a little sooner than usual. I use an AC Delco when it's dry, but like to use the K&N when conditions are otherwise. I know it's a trade off on the extra umph, but the thought of fine dust getting through and into the motor is a tad frightening. K&N's don't filter very well when it comes to that.

Change it up? In what way? What's wrong with the way it is?
I use k&n recharge kit from the shop I use on Harley air filters all the time its real good at keeping most of the dust on the outside of the filter. I also put a lady's stocking(from the dollar store) on top of the filter(talk about sexy lol) after spraying the pink filter oil on the air filter and it really keeps the filter clean. So far in a year and a half I have only needed to wash the filter once and I drive up a one mile dirt road almost every day and still with all that get no air flow restrictions and you can change the stocking when ever you think its too dirty. You get 2 stocking for a dollar so for about $6.25 you can get a years worth of changes if you change it every month or more if you change it every time you change the oil thats pretty good bang for the buck.

Last edited by olharleyman; 07-31-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the reason i might switch it up cuz of right now it rams air for my intake. i wanna see if i can the actual tube going into the front of the grille and see what i get from it. There is nuthin wrong i just wanna experiment.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by olharleyman
I use k&n recharge kit from the shop I use on Harley air filters all the time its real good at keeping most of the dust on the outside of the filter. I also put a lady's stocking(from the dollar store) on top of the filter(talk about sexy lol) after spraying the pink filter oil on the air filter and it really keeps the filter clean. So far in a year and a half I have only needed to wash the filter once and I drive up a one mile dirt road almost every day and still with all that get no air flow restrictions and you can change the stocking when ever you think its too dirty. You get 2 stocking for a dollar so for about $6.25 you can get a years worth of changes if you change it every month or more if you change it every time you change the oil thats pretty good bang for the buck.
I'm guessing you don't mean "fishnet"....haha! Actually, yeah...I've read about doing that with a stocking and even did for a while. Still, I found the throttle body was a bit dirtier using a K&N than with the A/C Delco or equivalent. On top of that, I read...comfirming my experience...comparitive test results on cotton/oil medium filters (some were better than others) and they didn't filter the smallest of particles as well. They did boost air intake, though. All I can figure from the varying experiences of other folks is the enviroment....and maybe I just needed to clean my filter more often. EXCEPT that the claim with K&N's is that they filter dirt better when they ARE dirty. I don't know, man....it just became a little more complicated and time consuming than what I wanted to deal with for the results. Plus, it started becoming more expensive changing out oil filters more often as I watched my synthetic motor oil get dirty faster. So, this is just the way I do it now. But, whatever works for anyone...

Originally Posted by shoes138
the reason i might switch it up cuz of right now it rams air for my intake. i wanna see if i can the actual tube going into the front of the grille and see what i get from it. There is nuthin wrong i just wanna experiment.
Oh...okay. Good luck, then. It ought to work.