Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Guys I really need help!!! Should I or should I not???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't pay that price for a truck thats probably been wheeled to the ground. In fact, I'll never buy a vehicle that has previously been wheeled. Find someone who has a lifted show-truck, and put that truck where it belongs =)

BTW, my stepdad has a '90 4runner with 3.0auto, I have a '90 4runner with 3.0man, we both run the same tires, and mine has quite a bit more torque. Definetely noticeable!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That a340H automatic is GD expensive to repair. Has unconventional integrated POS transfer case . However, a Jeep early model AW4 auto (same Aisin transmission) can be put in that will allow you to use a manual transmission transfer case behind it....will require an adapter I think from Advance Adapters. Use Toy bellhousing, AW4 transmission, Advance Adapter plate and your choice of Toy transfer case. This is the way to go if you want an automatic. The 529's are a big help. The IFS will be OK for what you plan to do. YOu can always do a 5 speed swap later in life as well as a SAS conversion. Looks like a nice ride. Put it on a lift and look it over really good.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by rayl82
[COLOR="Red"]thats a great deal for what you described i'd say if you can get it and try it on the trail you might fing auto tran to be a nice change, examp: you are on a steep grade going up, and stop half way how do you get your right foot from the brake to the gas while letting off the cluch? in an auto thats an easy sich, COLOR]
That's funny. You're joking, I'd guess? I've only ever driven a 5 spd. I'm sure I speak for most others when I say I can get going perfectly from a stop on a steep hill holding a cup of coffee, tuning the radio and smoking a cigarette at the same time lol. You do it just like you breathe-without thinking about it.
Shoot, put me in an automatic and I'd probably jam the brake thinking it was the clutch, spill my coffee, drop my cigarette and get tuned to some 50's Jazz station <g>
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 PM

lol exactly how it goes. when in autos i always find myself reaching for the clutch when stopping.

btw was it really worth it to bring back a month old thread?

also did you end up buying it or not?

Last edited by notanymore; 06-04-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by notanymore
lol exactly how it goes. when in autos i always find myself reaching for the clutch when stopping.
btw was it really worth it to bring back a month old thread?
also did you end up buying it or not?
lol! Well I hadn't been here for a month so it was new to me and I didn't notice the date til afterwards :-P
Old 06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Banned for being an asshat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb May I suggest doing a little research and reading. :)

Just these words for you...

http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/

http://www.calminitruck.com/

autotranny adapter

4WD Toyota Owner Magazine

-Crockett's Project 1986... (Ugly Duckling)-pg 68- Mar/April 2007 issue
-Project 1986 Runner (Ugly Duckling)-pg 42-45 May/June 2007 Issue

http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/TOC.html

So, in summary:

..Duh, what're you waiting for?? Buy it, save up, upgrade the rest later as a budget allows, and you've a solid rig. put any concerns/worries aside, it's a Toyota, there's plenty reason right there. IMHO

The site's partly sponsored in part by most (if not all) of these resources mentioned above, so you can also use the marketplace here for further info, and sometimes, if you watch it closely, catch a discount with a group buy-etc.

*On that note, hook me up guys!! *Reference/Advertising Payback-haa-haa-haa

Last edited by Four Runner; 06-04-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ksane
That's funny. You're joking, I'd guess? I've only ever driven a 5 spd. I'm sure I speak for most others when I say I can get going perfectly from a stop on a steep hill holding a cup of coffee, tuning the radio and smoking a cigarette at the same time lol. You do it just like you breathe-without thinking about it.
Shoot, put me in an automatic and I'd probably jam the brake thinking it was the clutch, spill my coffee, drop my cigarette and get tuned to some 50's Jazz station <g>
Very true. Your feet get like muscle memory. Hell, sometimes I aint even use the clutch. Float em gears!

My madre's one of the best/scariest drivers I know. She could put on makeup, talk on the phone, have a cup of coffee between her legs, smoke a cigarette, while shifting gears and still be able to flick off the people she'd cut off. Then again my ma's a little crazy (used to do those enduro street bike races in mexico semi-pro). Fastest I've ever been was 170 on the back of her built Kawa ZZR 1100D1 when I was about 7 or 8 years old... Note the color of my truck lol.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Contributing Member

price is a little right but they are great trucks the auto is a little down side but its a sweet truck. You'll have a lot of fun in it.