Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Army vet scores at 4wheel parts, very nice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Army vet scores at 4wheel parts, very nice!!!

Ever since I got my first yota, and 1st gen 4rnr at that, I been itching to do
SOMETHING to the baby! So I get an email blast from 4wheel, and they say all veterans get 10% off. I go into the store on 610 loop in houston, and today is the last day for the deal.
I tell the dude, who happens to be the regional mgr, that I want to order a 2-3 inch lift parts/kit, but I don't want it here, i want it at the Westheimer store, since I live closer to that one, and if I could, I would like it installed there, but not right away, in about 2 weeks. I then ask for the vets deal, and he says, lemme check, it is really only supposed to be for certain mfgrs, equipment, etc., etc.
So he says, " you know what, I'll give you a deal on it anyway.
So I am getting knew heavy duty torsion bars, springs, shocks, and rear add a leafs( I think all parts by Skyjacker, but not leafs, is that the name?) for 400. bucks, not including installation. Not only that, but he says, if you wanna, you can just put down half for the parts right now, I'll ship them over to the other store, and when you get it done, you can pay the rest.
How freakin cool is that?
Plus I gotta say, that 4 wheel does a lot for the vets; they have a special Purple Heart gig they do once a year, here in Texas, and when you go in , and buy anything, you can donate 5 bucks to a serious cause; a lot of the vehicles over in the Sandbox, don't have super bright beams on them, because the Army in their infinite wisdom , says if they are so bright, the enemy will know you are coming, and exactly where you are! AS IF EVERYONE OVER THERE, EVEN THE KIDS, DOESN'T ALL READY HAVE A CELL PHONE, and they know exactly where the heck you are anyway!!!
Anyway, I got a great deal, and a lot of special attention by this dude, the 4 Wheel stores apparently does what it can for current/former troops, and from now on , anytime I need some 4x4 service, they get my money.

I'll try and get some before and after pics, right now I am all stock, except
rattle canned the top and the hood of the 4rnr all gloss white,and also various scratch and dinged spots, were sprayed with rustoleum flat black. I like the way it looks, understated yet tough and unafraid! And instead of 225's, I am rolling All Terrain 235's. After I get it lifted, and wear these tires out, I am going to 265/70's. Saw a set on a chevy Z71 tricked out Colorado truck, the little chevy trucks, but those 265's actually looked pretty massively tall! comes to a hair under 30 inch/tall.

Last edited by rangerruck; 11-12-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Wish I had the money to join in on that deal.... still just trying to get my rnr functional
Old 11-12-2009, 09:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
glad to see you had good luck with them

i however won't be throwing any money in their direction ever again after one of their brilliant techs decided to rev the piss out of my 3vz in the service bay during a routine tire install

i wish my local 4wp was as cool as yours appears to be
Old 11-12-2009, 10:32 PM

X2 on that. I will never let them touch my truck again.
I'll buy stuff there if its a killer sale like they used to have but no labor by them again, ever.
They didn't peen over the lock nut on my pinion gear at the flange and the nut backed off later. They said it should have come apart sooner as if I had gone in there and done something in there.