84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

1984 Toyota 4runner with 4.3L v6

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 Toyota 4runner with 4.3L v6

Work in progress! I brought it home Wednesday 4/13/11!

What I was told from the seller was:
This 4Runner has chevy v-6 and a 200r4 auto 4 barrel carb chrome alt new has A/C compressor and all other parts except the hoses. It runs great and drives great tires are awesome nice aluminum rims. It is a straight axled front and locked rear New exhaust, power windows , locks , am/fm and they work, the paint looks like crap but if you are a real 4X4 off roader who cares. It has a 6 inch lift, interior is really nice shape except no carpet seats are good door panels and dash are good. This runner is not perfect so do not email or show up expecting it to be cause I am telling you now it is not. I am asking 3350.00 or trade looking for anything cool just try me I am pretty open to just about anything.

Hey there's a Toyota in my driveway!

Battery wasn't charging, didn't seem like the alternator was putting out the volts but it checked out OK at the parts store. I figured the battery was wasted and it was the wrong size anyway so I replaced it with the correct one. Hopefully it fits in the hold down instead of sliding back and forth under it like the old one did!

Waiting for the wife to get ready to go pick up the battery and stuff I decided to start working on cleaning up the engine compartment. There is a ton of junk from the original motor and AC stuff from the original motor and the 4.3L. I decided against trying to make the AC work, it would need custom hoses and who knows what else. Not worth it, as long as the heat/defrost works for safety I'm good! I also dont have emissions where I live so I plan to remove the smog pump and cap all that off.

The pile is growing with excess weight removed!

Looks like a 2" body lift? The bumper was relocated up to match the grill after the body lift with ridiculous "brackets" that made the bumper wobble with no support at all. Seems like the body lift was used for clearance with the motor swap?

Getting it reliable is first, then work on Armor I think
Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a hood scoop and loose that body lift! That will only cause problems in the future.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't even think it would hit the hood. It would drop the radiator down below the frame though, and I'm not sure about clearance with the exhaust manifolds or distributer to firewall