Notices
Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members Lets hear it, we want feedback on your transactions, good or bad

Toyota TRD of Dallas (www.trdparts4u.com)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota TRD of Dallas

Strap22 (PHil) thats here on the boards works for toyota of dallas and has been extremely helpful in any question I had! I just ordered 2 HD OME coils and can't wait til they get in to try em out! When I was having problems with Rocky Road from them saying I just ordered one coil spring (great customer service) so I asked them what the am I going to do with one coil spring? So I cancelled the order...and Phil gave me a good deal and was really helpful on all the countless other things I had questions on and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND these guys when it comes to customer service or just needing to order a specific maintenance part.

Last edited by callmej75; 04-29-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by callmej75
Strap22 (PHil) thats here on the boards works for toyota of dallas and has been extremely helpful in any question I had! I just ordered 2 HD OME coils and can't wait til they get in to try em out! When I was having problems with Rocky Road from them saying I just ordered one coil spring (great customer service) so I asked them what the am I going to do with one coil spring? So I cancelled the order...and Phil gave me a good deal and was really helpful on all the countless other things I had questions on and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND these guys when it comes to customer service or just needing to order a specific maintenance part.
yeah, he's OK I guess (for a 4Runner guy)...

Seriously, not to sound self serving, but YT is fortunate to have someone with his passion & knowledge here. I learn from him everyday, and his spirit of helpfulness is genuine. Our team is here for to serve...
Old 04-29-2005, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

well you guys do go out of your way...and thats a big plus as far as quality service goes and you will always get my business and i will pass the word on to as many people i know! its a hard thing to find someone helpful now days..
Old 05-16-2005, 11:52 AM

Location: Las Vegas.. Soon to be heading for south america in the 4R
good stuff.. fast shipping, GREAT comms.. knowlegable staff..
Old 05-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Banned

can't wait to have a chance to stop by, guys!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Ordered a supercharger dynamic tensioner and new sc'r belt. Friendly service, and got me what I needed. Will use again.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by r0cky
can't wait to have a chance to stop by, guys!
I talked to Phil and he said maybe one day you guys would make a trip up here to see the land...and i told him my treat on 4wheeling tour guide! scoping places out now as we speak...
Old 06-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by <96 Runner>
Ordered a supercharger dynamic tensioner and new sc'r belt. Friendly service, and got me what I needed. Will use again.
We aim to please! Thanks for your support...
Old 06-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Contributing Member

Chris,

I take exception with your post on the OME thread, similar to you taking exception to someone else posting on your for sale thread. That thread is not about trdparts4u or your business, it is about OME products for 4th Gens. GT has asked that we move the discussion here and done a good job of moderating it.

Further to that I only know of one other vendor that prefers to "take on" members of this forum, rather than fix their own issues. This company does not stand in high regard anymore in the Toyota community.

Secondly you publicly posted comments that were incorrect about statements made by Firsttoy and Slee, and I think it would be in order for you to apologize to these parties as you were proven wrong. You posted the comment below on 2 May
"First off, this is not a slam against Ben or Slee. They are very well respected in the off-road community and it is not my intent to question them. I was just curious at the comments that said there were only ‘X’ number of kits available. I can only assume that this refers to a much earlier time when you were doing your initial research. ARB has all the components in stock in the US and are available through normal channels, so I was confused by the statements of limited supply."

Thirdly I (and if I am allowed to speak for most members on this forum) prefer to deal with vendors who stand by their products rather than rely on members posts for a "warranty" on the products and how well they will function. Let me refer you to the post made by Phil (your boss I believe) on 28 April
"*This lift is being offered based on research by users and innovators. Neither us nor ARB USA makes any recommendations or warranty on the applicability of Prado components on 4th Generation 4Runners."

The reason why I bring this up is that I sincerely hope that you fix these issues rather than try and "take on" members here. Other members have had good experiences with your company and I really hope that you build from that. Hopefully you can clear the issues I stated above and we can all move on and put these issues in the past.

Thx Andries
Old 06-14-2005, 05:58 PM

I take offense to the above post. You do not speak for the toyota community, nor do you speak for me.

I got busted for what I posted on the OME thread. So I will say my peace here and be gone.

I have had nothing but professional service from Trdparts4U. I am looking for a lift for my 2005 Tacoma, Chris and Phil have been very helpfull educating me about the pros and cons of lifts. I drive 50-100 miles a day M-F, drive offroad on the jobsite M-F. I drive trails on the weekends, and cannot afford to buy a lift that will not work off the shelf. Their advice has been invaluable.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Cedarbarn
I take offense to the above post. You do not speak for the toyota community, nor do you speak for me.

I got busted for what I posted on the OME thread. So I will say my peace here and be gone.

I have had nothing but professional service from Trdparts4U. I am looking for a lift for my 2005 Tacoma, Chris and Phil have been very helpfull educating me about the pros and cons of lifts. I drive 50-100 miles a day M-F, drive offroad on the jobsite M-F. I drive trails on the weekends, and cannot afford to buy a lift that will not work off the shelf. Their advice has been invaluable.
What specifically do you take offense with? Read what I wrote and why I wrote it.

My post was certainly not a bash on trdparts4u at all, but there are issues which I would like to clear up.

Or do you agree with a disclaimer made by a vendor selling a part in the way it was done.

I would prefer these issues to be cleared up and we can all move on. I also took exception to Chris' post on a member sharing their experience when asked to do so. Not so much that he posted, but rather the way he chose to address it.

I'm glad that they have been of great service to you and I hope that they continue to be of great service to everybody in the community. And that is why I posted as I chose to have these issues cleared up.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bulldog-yota
Chris,

I take exception with your post on the OME thread, similar to you taking exception to someone else posting on your for sale thread. That thread is not about trdparts4u or your business, it is about OME products for 4th Gens. GT has asked that we move the discussion here and done a good job of moderating it.
It was about OME products until the question of vendors came up. There are obviously differences that have caused hard feelings on behalf of Jesse and when he brought TRDParts4U into the thread in a negative light I was entirely within bounds to respond.

Further to that I only know of one other vendor that prefers to "take on" members of this forum, rather than fix their own issues. This company does not stand in high regard anymore in the Toyota community.
I think it is unfair to be characterized as "taking someone on" when I speak up to state my position, especially when my employees and my business are being disparaged unfairly in my opinion.

Secondly you publicly posted comments that were incorrect about statements made by Firsttoy and Slee, and I think it would be in order for you to apologize to these parties as you were proven wrong. You posted the comment below on 2 May
"First off, this is not a slam against Ben or Slee. They are very well respected in the off-road community and it is not my intent to question them. I was just curious at the comments that said there were only ‘X’ number of kits available. I can only assume that this refers to a much earlier time when you were doing your initial research. ARB has all the components in stock in the US and are available through normal channels, so I was confused by the statements of limited supply."
According to the very first post by FirstToy on April 14th, it was stated that "Ben at sleeoffroad.com is the guy with the foresight to nab these OME 120 kits for the US." I was told by ARB that they always had supply, and in fact had them in stock. Therefore, I didn't understand the statement that they were grabbed up. They were in fact grabbed up later, but not at the time I wrote that.

Thirdly I (and if I am allowed to speak for most members on this forum) prefer to deal with vendors who stand by their products rather than rely on members posts for a "warranty" on the products and how well they will function. Let me refer you to the post made by Phil (your boss I believe) on 28 April
"*This lift is being offered based on research by users and innovators. Neither us nor ARB USA makes any recommendations or warranty on the applicability of Prado components on 4th Generation 4Runners."
And as I wrote when I answered this in the same thread: "Since the platforms are similar the components are fairly interchangable... no different than me selling Tundra coils for a Taco, FJ80 coils for a 4Runner, Chevy springs, etc. If the customer chooses to use parts designed for one vehicle on another vehicle the customer assumes responsibility for issues arising out of that application. We are not hiding or obscuring the fact that these are Prado parts at all. ARB's warranty on workmanship/defects remains fully intact." No where did I rely on anyones post for warranty... the disclaimer specifically refers to applicability.

I hope this helps clear the issues you outlined without appearing combative. If I may be of further help please let me know.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by valkyrie610
It was about OME products until the question of vendors came up. There are obviously differences that have caused hard feelings on behalf of Jesse and when he brought TRDParts4U into the thread in a negative light I was entirely within bounds to respond.

I think it is unfair to be characterized as "taking someone on" when I speak up to state my position, especially when my employees and my business are being disparaged unfairly in my opinion.
This is specifically what I'm referring to
"Alright, I have got to say something here- knowing full well it will not be taken well by some (you). "
I understand your position to clarify your and trdparts4u's position, but starting off with a combatitive line does not help resolve it. Further some of the statements you were defending, were correctly stated by Jesse and he responded as such.

I do understand your commenting on the 2005 part and the post by Jesse agrees with it.

I hope this clarifies my objection, and why I state that it looked like you were more interested in discrediting a member rather than taking ownership for issues on your side of the fence.

I however do appreciate your final paragraph and just wished it was all done in that tone.

According to the very first post by FirstToy on April 14th, it was stated that "Ben at sleeoffroad.com is the guy with the foresight to nab these OME 120 kits for the US." I was told by ARB that they always had supply, and in fact had them in stock. Therefore, I didn't understand the statement that they were grabbed up. They were in fact grabbed up later, but not at the time I wrote that.
The point was that it was made clear to members that there is a limited supply of these parts availible, but you disputed that. And you dragged in other names in that statement. After the fact you have to agree the statement made was indeed correct.

I'm not aiming to start an argument over that, but if you read what was posted and your response to that you have to agree that you were indeed wrong. Even if you were misquoted by ARB USA.

And as I wrote when I answered this in the same thread: "Since the platforms are similar the components are fairly interchangable... no different than me selling Tundra coils for a Taco, FJ80 coils for a 4Runner, Chevy springs, etc. If the customer chooses to use parts designed for one vehicle on another vehicle the customer assumes responsibility for issues arising out of that application. We are not hiding or obscuring the fact that these are Prado parts at all. ARB's warranty on workmanship/defects remains fully intact." No where did I rely on anyones post for warranty... the disclaimer specifically refers to applicability.
I think this clarifies it better. It still just doesn't sit right to be honest as the parts is advertised for a particular vehicle, but you can't "warranty" the applicability for the particular vehicle. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I hope this helps clear the issues you outlined without appearing combative. If I may be of further help please let me know.
Thank you for your response, I do appreciate it and the way you chose to start addresing the issues.

I hope you understand my objection to especially point 3 about warranty and advertisement.

If you read the whole NE (Nitrous Enterprises) saga you will understand my concerns better and the fact that I would rather bring it up sooner rather than later.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

I still like them...Phil has done me many last minute favors and quick to respond to my needs more than anyone else I've encountered. I'd buy a turd from them just because of their customer service attitude to me!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Contributing Member

I understand your position to clarify your and trdparts4u's position, but starting off with a combatitive line does not help resolve it.
True.

I hope this clarifies my objection, and why I state that it looked like you were more interested in discrediting a member rather than taking ownership for issues on your side of the fence.
If you only knew the half of it. I took full and complete ownership and tried my best to answer his questions as well as make amends. You are correct, my response to his slurs were not cordial.

The point was that it was made clear to members that there is a limited supply of these parts availible, but you disputed that.
I questioned (not disputed) it based on what ARB had told me.

And you dragged in other names in that statement. After the fact you have to agree the statement made was indeed correct.
That is not true. The names were drug in by someone else here: link for which I apologized several times on his behalf.

I'm not aiming to start an argument over that, but if you read what was posted and your response to that you have to agree that you were indeed wrong. Even if you were misquoted by ARB USA.
I must be misunderstanding yourpoint. Clearly I had (and have) no reason to disbelieve ARB nor did I ever say I was misquoted by them... I still believe they were truthful, as they've always been, with me.

I think this clarifies it better. It still just doesn't sit right to be honest as the parts is advertised for a particular vehicle, but you can't "warranty" the applicability for the particular vehicle. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
I think so. You think that 4th Gen should not be used in the thread title when describing it?

If you read the whole NE (Nitrous Enterprises) saga you will understand my concerns better and the fact that I would rather bring it up sooner rather than later.
I've caught the jist of it, and can understand your fears.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by valkyrie610
True.

If you only knew the half of it. I took full and complete ownership and tried my best to answer his questions as well as make amends. You are correct, my response to his slurs were not cordial.
Thx I think we are on the same page.

I questioned (not disputed) it based on what ARB had told me.

That is not true. The names were drug in by someone else here: link for which I apologized several times on his behalf.

I must be misunderstanding yourpoint. Clearly I had (and have) no reason to disbelieve ARB nor did I ever say I was misquoted by them... I still believe they were truthful, as they've always been, with me.
Understand your point, but these are the posts I was referring too.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...08&postcount=1
stating only about 3 kits are availible in the US at 13 April and next shipment only availible in 6-8 weeks
and your post
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...7&postcount=15
stating all parts are availible through normal channels, when it was not the case at that point in time (2 May) nor as I write this (14 June)

I was not refering to James or my name being brought up.

I dont know what discussions you had with ARB or what they said, and have no reason to doubt what they said. However on YT I can only go on what was written by James and your response to it. ANd the fact that you brought Slee's name in the conversation, when nobody has mentioned their name at that point in time in regards to availibility.

On top of that it was copied from an email which you requested remain confidential, something both James and I honored while you chose to dishonor it. I appreciate your apology after the fact, but you can certainly understand how I feel in regards to that.

Also an FYI you mentioned my name as working 100% with "our vendor" implting Slee, when in fact I never stated that and merely refered you to James as he was the person that did the majority of the legwork on this suspension setup.

I think so. You think that 4th Gen should not be used in the thread title when describing it?
I dont think it is reasonable to offer the OME kit for the 4th Gen and not warranty the applicability for this application. I believe if a vendor advertises a product for a vehicle they need to warranty the applicability for that vehicle, don't you? In the case of Tundra coils, it normally is advertised as Tundra coils not as Tacoma suspension coils. If you can not warranty the applicability of a product for an application it would be more reasonable to just advertised the product, dont you? Like OME Prado 120 suspension kit or the part numbers, the onus is on the consumer to validate it them.

I've caught the jist of it, and can understand your fears.
Thank you for your mature responses. And I think we are getting on the same page and resolving this. I do believe you now understand that my interest is in looking after the YT community, and you understand that I had valid concerns about what was happening given past history by another vendor. You would have noticed their standard MO was promising something and not delivering or not delivering on time, taking jabs at other vendors, not be able to the deliver the right or quality stuff, when taken up on that they attack the members bringing it up and then have people post up on the forum with zero track record or understanding of the situation religiously defending them, also they would do all sort of threats in the background with emails and PMs. If you read the OME thread and the for sale thread again you will defintely have a solid appreciation for my concerns.

Hopefully we can put this to rest soon.

Last edited by bulldog-yota; 06-14-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Banned

is it time for a group hug yet??

or should i be the one to suggest mud-wrestling this time, bulldog??
Old 06-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by r0cky
is it time for a group hug yet??

or should i be the one to suggest mud-wrestling this time, bulldog??
You know me I vote mud wrestling

But then we need to decide who will be in the contest, can't just have 2 ugly guys in a puddle of mud Will have to get some babes too
Old 06-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Banned

well, most of these dallas guys can attest to the fact that i am definitely not a babe, so you'll have to find some from pirate or something. but i can definitely be the ref!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

I have nothing to do w/ this vendor but all I gotta say is the last a few posts sounded way too much like legal crap.

Warranty can kiss my ass cuz I know there's no way in hell anyone will warranty any of my aftermarket stuff... that said I feel that trdparts4u.com was just covering their rear like any vendor will do when selling products that are not specific for the exact make and model. since the manufacturer does not claim that it works should be a clear warning that attempting to make it work on another model breaks all warranty and liability from the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, we live in a society where the stupid sues over everything causing meaningless "warning labels" that trdparts4ru.com has been forced to label. I don't see anything wrong w/ what they are stating in the warranty sense as a reputable Toyota Dealership, I'm pretty certain they have their legal team labeling everything aftermartket they sell.

Now why the other vendor(s) don't label their products. who knows. I suspect it's because they specialize in the offroading community while this dealer also sells other accessories which attracts a larger mass (which has different tastes and interests).

Lastly, when did anyone ask for warranty on any aftermarket product anyhow? It is very clear that this vendor is no where near NE's caliber so mixing them up is nonsense. As a reputable Toyota dealership that supports the offroading community, they should deserve a second look.

Now hook up us w/ some cool discounts

Quick Reply: Toyota TRD of Dallas (www.trdparts4u.com)