Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

CO Coney Flats run 10/2

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CO Coney Flats run 10/2

I was hoping Ric would have some pics up by now, but until then, i'll post the story...

It was a great trip, and the colors were gorgeous...i really enjoyed the scenery, and the day was perfect...However, we met the 10,000 foot potheads, and man what a funny time.

So, we stopped at the top for lunch, and were chilling out by the lake on the other side of the water crossing, when a couple of dirt bikers come up, and one heads through...(a side note here, the water was deep enough to come almost to the very top of my 33 inch tires)...needless to say, he was soaked...His shipdit buddy goes through, but kills it in the middle, and has to push the beast out, which got him very wet as well...this was cool, but got annoying after the both of them rode back and forth through the water i don't know how many more times...just then, from the other direction comes a blue izuzu trooper, and it is flying...i figure they must have incurred some pretty good undercarrage damage, but whatever...they fly throught the water, and have water flowing nicely over their hood...

A little while later, the wife/girlfriend comes over and starts asking the dirtbikers if they'll "take her for a ride" and all this other bs...then she comes over to me and my bro and asks if we were fishing, since we had brought our gear, but it was way too windy (fly fishing)...she tells us that she has a fishing licence but has no pole, and she'd love to use my pole...still didn't know it at this point, but she was high as a satelite at this point, we just assumed she was wasted, though she wasn't slurring her words...

Now we are getting ready to go, and i'm rearraging my gear, and her husband comes back thru with his trooper, (again at 20mph) and parks his truck with the back end in the trail, blocking it nicely about 3/4 of the way...he then comes over and starts telling ric that he likes ric's truck, and that it's got a lot of clearence, and blah blah blah, and then is like, "she (indicates the girl) is getting nervous cuz she wants to smoke a bowl, you don't mind if we smoke a bowl, do you?" Edie (ric's wife) replies, "we don't care what the hell you do." "cool dude (total shawn penn accent from fast times at ridgemont high here) man there is nothing like a bowl at 10000 feet, man, its totally great, man, all right." We got in the trucks, drove around the trooper, and headed on our way, having a good laugh...

As for the wheeling, it was a nice day, and i wasn't on pavement, so it was very nice...
Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AxleIke
I was hoping Ric would have some pics up by now, but until then, i'll post the story...

It was a great trip, and the colors were gorgeous...i really enjoyed the scenery, and the day was perfect...However, we met the 10,000 foot potheads, and man what a funny time.

So, we stopped at the top for lunch, and were chilling out by the lake on the other side of the water crossing, when a couple of dirt bikers come up, and one heads through...(a side note here, the water was deep enough to come almost to the very top of my 33 inch tires)...needless to say, he was soaked...His shipdit buddy goes through, but kills it in the middle, and has to push the beast out, which got him very wet as well...this was cool, but got annoying after the both of them rode back and forth through the water i don't know how many more times...just then, from the other direction comes a blue izuzu trooper, and it is flying...i figure they must have incurred some pretty good undercarrage damage, but whatever...they fly throught the water, and have water flowing nicely over their hood...

A little while later, the wife/girlfriend comes over and starts asking the dirtbikers if they'll "take her for a ride" and all this other bs...then she comes over to me and my bro and asks if we were fishing, since we had brought our gear, but it was way too windy (fly fishing)...she tells us that she has a fishing licence but has no pole, and she'd love to use my pole...still didn't know it at this point, but she was high as a satelite at this point, we just assumed she was wasted, though she wasn't slurring her words...

Now we are getting ready to go, and i'm rearraging my gear, and her husband comes back thru with his trooper, (again at 20mph) and parks his truck with the back end in the trail, blocking it nicely about 3/4 of the way...he then comes over and starts telling ric that he likes ric's truck, and that it's got a lot of clearence, and blah blah blah, and then is like, "she (indicates the girl) is getting nervous cuz she wants to smoke a bowl, you don't mind if we smoke a bowl, do you?" Edie (ric's wife) replies, "we don't care what the hell you do." "cool dude (total shawn penn accent from fast times at ridgemont high here) man there is nothing like a bowl at 10000 feet, man, its totally great, man, all right." We got in the trucks, drove around the trooper, and headed on our way, having a good laugh...

As for the wheeling, it was a nice day, and i wasn't on pavement, so it was very nice...
you shoulda joined em in a bowl. nothin like being blazed and doing something you love.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=AxleIke]...she tells us that she has a fishing licence but has no pole, and she'd love to use my pole...QUOTE]

She wanted your pole.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

pics

well here are a few pics, im sure most of you have seen these before.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:55 AM
Contributing Member

haha nice story AxleIke. Hope you guys have more pictures cause these few are some of the best! It's kinda rare to see nice water crossings like that...If you have anymore then post 'em up!

I can't believe how much wider your 12.50 BFGs look compared to my 10.50
Lookin' good!
Old 10-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Contributing Member

yeah, the 12.50's are too wide, and kinda obnoxious...we'll see on those next time, but i'm thinking MTR's, since everyone is raving on the traction and i'm impressed with the 4ply sidewall, i'll have to see..
Old 10-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Banned

Cool report.

At this point, the story is way more important than the pictures.

8.1 on a 10 point scale.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Contributing Member

Wheres the other pics?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Contributing Member

they won't load, and i can't get them to my site to host...sorry for the delay, i'll keep trying..