Toyota Posts Best-ever Light Truck Sales for August
Highlander, 4Runner and Tacoma help push sales to record highs.
On Sept. 4, Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) reported August 2018 sales of 223,055 units. With the same number of selling days in August 2018 compared to August 2017, sales were down 2.0 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) and volume basis.
Toyota division posted August 2018 sales of 194,433 units, down 1.2 percent on a DSR and volume basis.
August 2018 Highlights
- Toyota and Lexus divisions posted best-ever month for light truck sales
- Toyota light truck division sales were up 8.6 percent, a best-ever August
- RAV4 posted sales of 42,222 units
- Highlander sales increased by 23.6 percent, a best-ever August
- 4Runner sales increased by 24.2 percent, a best-ever August
- Tacoma increased by 35.3 percent, a best-ever August since 1996
- Tundra sales increased 7.2 percent
- Prius Prime sales increased 13.8 percent on DSR, a best-ever August
- Lexus LUVs posted sales of 19,696 units, a best-ever August
- NX combined sales were up 2.3 percent, a best-ever August
- RX combined sales increased by 4.7 percent
- RXh posted sales of 1,650 units
- LS posted sales of 923 units
- Camry recorded sales of 30,141 units
- Corolla posted sales of 26,155 units
*Figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume