The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

1WiCkEd_RuNNer's rig

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I have had some time now to tinker with this thing. I have painted the Headers. I finished the brake lines, including tighting all of them. I had to tighten all the fuel lines. I put the axle shafts in. The driver's side went in just fine. The passenger side however was a totally different story. The spindle was bent something bad.

So what was I to do? I looked on line to fine one from a wrecking yard. Not one in Washington had one for sale. The used ones were a lot of money. I was able to find one. Installed it. Put the hub assembly back on. Filled the tranny, transfer cases, and the front diff. I only have front wheel drive right now. But I drove it for the first time in over 18 months. It has been a long time. I am going to attempt the rear gears and locker my self. So we will see. I am so excited to have driven my truck, less the a mile, but still I have driven her. It was a good feeling to behind the wheel of my truck. Just thought I would let you all know.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:41 AM

We got some strange looks from folks as we drove by in a Monster Truck with puny street tires!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by 1WiCkEd_RuNNer
Ok, so I have had some time now to tinker with this thing. I have painted the Headers. I finished the brake lines, including tighting all of them. I had to tighten all the fuel lines. I put the axle shafts in. The driver's side went in just fine. The passenger side however was a totally different story. The spindle was bent something bad.

So what was I to do? I looked on line to fine one from a wrecking yard. Not one in Washington had one for sale. The used ones were a lot of money. I was able to find one. Installed it. Put the hub assembly back on. Filled the tranny, transfer cases, and the front diff. I only have front wheel drive right now. But I drove it for the first time in over 18 months. It has been a long time. I am going to attempt the rear gears and locker my self. So we will see. I am so excited to have driven my truck, less the a mile, but still I have driven her. It was a good feeling to behind the wheel of my truck. Just thought I would let you all know.

Sucks on the bent spindle and I feel your pain on the 60 outer stuff (ordering my outer stuff on monday-major ouch)..

Happy to hear its actually moving under its own power finally (had to be boring sitting behind the wheel rving the motor,lol)
Old 08-05-2005, 05:04 PM

Mike, I'm on my way up now. See ya in a couple of hours.