4Runners-2nd gen Post your 2nd gens here

Dave MacNeil's Profile

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave MacNeil's Profile

Hey all, I just joined this forum and its awsome, it really gives me alot of ideas for what to spend my money on in the future. There is so much helpful information here. I just picked up my 2nd generation 4runner about 2 weeks ago and I already love it. It needs a bit of work but I got it for a really good price and besides thats half the fun (thats what us poor people would like to think anyways). Even completely stock they are tons of fun off road although I hope to have lots done over the next couple of years. However I am a 3rd year Business (Accounting) university student so funds are pretty tight right now, so it'll be a slow process. I'm from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada so if anyone is on this forum from around there give me a shout.

1990 TOYOTA 4RUNNER SR5 2.4L L4 EFI 4X4

Please abide by the administration's rules of this section and DO NOT post in this thread
Old 12-31-2006, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally!

After what seemed to be an eternity of fixing random problems that arose with owning a 17 year old vechile with minimal maintaince and fixing problems caused by PO's quick fixes, I've now replaced a cv assembly, did a full front to back brake job, replaced the gas tank, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, did a U joint and spent a nice piece of money narrowing down and fixing multiple oil leaks in the engine.

Only like 8 months later lol, I finally had the time and money to get rid of the 215's and the rear sag.

I ordered the OME 901 Srings and a knockoff with the same tread pattern of the cooper discoverer STT (was less than half the price couldnt refuse) only downside was they were only available in 31x10.5 but i am more than satisified, the 4runner barely ever sees 4wheel drive in things that before the tires i wouldnt even attempt in 4wheel. I have more grip than I could ever have imagined.

SAG:

REAR SPRINGS INSTALLED (dont mind the date):

STOCK RIMS AND NEW TIRES:

...Now in the spring im planning on body work and bumpers. Sorry for the crappy pics, been wheeling more than takin pics

Last edited by davemacneil; 12-31-2006 at 09:31 AM.