Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

WitchHunter Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WitchHunter Performance

I've found an example of exemplary service at incredible prices.

After moving up in injector sizes, I made arrangements to sell my old injectors. The buyer wanted to have them cleaned first, and had found a "new" guy on the block, WitchHunter Performance Injector Service.

$15/injector for cleaning and flow testing? Which includes new O-rings and seals? That's about 1/2 of the price of other folks. Sure, I'm game to try 'em!

It turns out that WitchHunter is close enough to me that I could drop off the injectors. So I called them up, spoke to the owner ("Gordon") and made arrangements to drop by.

Gordon's shop is VERY clean and well organized. He puts the injectors through a 3-tank dip cleaning process with the first phase also being ultrasonic. He has a media blaster for the hard stuff, and a lathe when he has to really play games.

He had the injectors turned around in 2 days and included a printed report documenting flow, spray pattern, etc.

I am VERY happy - Gordon was AWESOME to deal with and a lot of fun to talk to as well!

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended.
WitchHunter Performance
22833 Bothell-Evt Hwy
#1221 Suite 110
Bothell, WA 98021
info@witchhunter.com
http://www.witchhunter.com/

THANK YOU to Christian (<96_Runner>) for finding WitchHunter!

Last edited by midiwall; 01-06-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second every word Mark just wrote.

I took my truck in when it was running bad and paid the dealership over $700 to clean my injectors. When I got the truck back, it was hard to start but ran well. So I went back to the dealership and they said I needed new injectors. I posted a "what do I do know?" question on Yotatech and Mark told me about Witchhunter (Gordon). I got the injectors pulled and had Gordon take a look. Gordon is a very detailed oriented guy. Like Mark said, his shop is very clean and organized. Gordon's backround is in engineering and I believe he does over 200 injectors a week. Everything from Lamborghini's to GM. Like Mark, I was lucky enough to live in the area and had the pleasure of meeting Gordon face to face. Boy, if you can experience that...do it. You will learn everything you want to know about injectors, fuel pressure, etc.

Anyway, Gordon called back within a couple hours after I dropped them off. The report was "they are good". Passed all the tests he threw at them. By the way, Gordon tests injectors in ways others don't. I'll let him tell you how. To make a long story a bit shorter, by having a second opinion, and Gordon's willingness to talk to the dealership directly about his findings, I was able to get my repairs done for free, rather than paying over $900 for new. He wouldn't accept payment either. That's his policy...if the injectors aren't bad, he doesn't charge you. His rates now are $15/injector cleaned, but he is likely to raise his rates soon. The only other company I've seen that performs this service (Downey) charges $30/injector and they send them out to a 3rd party company. Downey also claims to "rebuild" injectors, so you may think it's worth it for the extra price, but there is no such thing as being able to rebuild an injector.

Gordon, thank you again for all your help! You are truly one of the good guys out there and I wish you continued success in your business!!

-Cameron Wright
Newcastle, WA