Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Kenessaw Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennesaw Mountain

Originally Posted by Chris (valkyrie610)
I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but here goes the short story:

After numerous delays & 45 days of waiting I received the crappiest bumper ever made. The guy says his warranty will pay for return shipping, correction of the numerous defects and pay to ship back. I needed a bumper legally so I got another and asked for a refund. He said no. Paypal said work it out, credit card said wait 90 days. Guy refuses to answer any of my inquiries, so I file a complaint with the local authorities Consumer Fraud division. They talk to him, he says because I tried to get a refund he's not lifting a finger to do anything. They told him to fix it and send it back. Yesterday, over a month since I returned it at my own expense, it comes back to me EXACTLY AS I SENT IT BACK. Owner sends terse email saying he isn't reworking the bumper and then has the nerve to tell me I owe him for shipping it back! I am so pissed I can't see straight. I know some on this board have a personal relationship with him and his business, but this is just wrong. Now I have to go through small claims court. Save yourself a ton of headaches and stay away from these guys...

Chris
I got this from the TTORA board and figured I'd spread the news, if this fabricator is gonna treat customers in this manner, he shouldn't get any business from the Toyota community.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/fin...3-21D80DC2BFB8

Last edited by BruceTS; 06-26-2004 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

re

who is "he" ? what company ?
Old 06-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

RT dont you have a bumper from them? I recall you and Clayton having some issues with it...
Old 06-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

Thats too bad,
I was thinking about getting a rear bumper with wheel carrier from him for my 3rd gen runner.

the pictures of his stuff looked very nice and at a very good price...after reading this, I am thinking twice.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by RicNkc
who is "he" ? what company ?
http://www.kenmtn.com/

If you get a chance read the whole thread over at TTORA, it's amazing how poorly the bumper was made.....

Last edited by BruceTS; 06-26-2004 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Sticky

My vote is that this needs to be made a sticky...

I've never heard anything good about this guy and his business.

Old 06-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Banned

i belong to another offroad board as well www.explorer4x4.com and everyone on that board says that place sucks too... tons of people say they could do better work with a hacksaw and a harbor frieght welder
Old 06-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

I want to see pictures of what was wrong with it.

That sounds bad on the makers part...bad bad customer service....bad bad

This again is too bad...he had sent me pictures of his 3rd gen rear bumpers and it being one of the few with a wheel carrier I was looking into it...the pictures were nice. I had not heard anything bad about them in the past...but I ma now counting them out of the race for my rear after reading this...

Anyone else know of someone who makes a rear with a wheel carrier?
Old 06-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
I want to see pictures of what was wrong with it.
Here you go;

Originally Posted by Chris (valkyrie610)
It had holes cut and blinkers installed I did not want, nor authorize. I was not charged for them, which leads me to believe it was an oversight on somebody’s part. Furthermore, when I tried to install the bumper, it did not fit. The tabs to line it up with the frame were off laterally, so the bumper stuck out one side and was up against the fender on the other side. In addition, one of the tabs was almost ¾ of an inch lower than the other, prohibiting installation at all. Even had the tabs been correctly lined up, they were set up to bolt to a point on the truck unable to safely support the weight of the bumper and winch, much less actually use the winch for vehicle recovery.

The bumper was shabbily constructed, ill fitting, and crooked. It would have taken an immense amount of fabrication to his bumper to make it fit my truck as promised.

To sum up:

I did not want blinkers.
When the bumper is all the way up against the truck on the fenders, the lower brackets will not reach the frame. They were set up to bolt to the crush cans... it is a full 3" from the frame rails. These are inadequate mounting points for this application, as there is only one bolt holding the crush cans to a thin metal plate that caps the end of the frame.
The entire bumper is off to the left laterally, basically requiring all of the brackets be redone.
The left inner frame bracket is ~.75" lower than the right
The winch bucket is off center to the right (17.5” vs. 18”)
The Right hand bracket that bolts to the tab on the body mount is 7.625” from the outer top corner, while the same distance on the other side is 8.5”
My pics are here: http://community.webshots.com/user/valkyrie610

Chris
Old 06-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member

Here's one of the mounting brackets from their 3rd Gen bumper. Notice the brace hanging way low?

http://www.digitalpimp.org/~john/Pic...d%20welded.JPG
Old 06-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
This has been going on for years folk's.
I first caught wind of this shady vendor on the Pirate board, then I think the 'Wire, and a few others.

Certainly this vendor has made the rounds of quite a few forums.
I am surprised that some still buy from him.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:13 PM

Chris is a stand up guy. If he says the bumper is F'd up, then the bumper is F'd up.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

Boy am I glad I didn't get one... I was looking at them and started to search here, but didn't findanything... thanks poboy for pointing this one out!! Sorry Bruce for taking one for the team but thanks for the heads up!!
Old 06-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Boy am I glad I didn't get one... I was looking at them and started to search here, but didn't findanything... thanks poboy for pointing this one out!! Sorry Bruce for taking one for the team but thanks for the heads up!!
this wasnt Bruce's bumper, it was a guy over on the TTORA board, Bruce just brought it over from there...
Old 06-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by PoBoy
RT dont you have a bumper from them? I recall you and Clayton having some issues with it...
nope, not me. EClayton, Hawkdog21 and Jataga have them.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BruceTS
Here's one of the mounting brackets from their 3rd Gen bumper. Notice the brace hanging way low?

http://www.digitalpimp.org/~john/Pic...d%20welded.JPG
funny you posted that, ive seen his bumper in person and it looks pretty good.

heres his thread from the Wire.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showfl...fpart=all&vc=1
Old 06-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by RTdawgs
funny you posted that, ive seen his bumper in person and it looks pretty good.

heres his thread from the Wire.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showfl...fpart=all&vc=1
I agree, the bumper does look good, but that brace hanging down is definately a rock catcher.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
The only bumper I really like, other than my own, is TrailCanrage's, but he sold his design to a company out west and there has been no news to when it'll be produced.

I've posted Chris's horror story at pirate4x4 and 4x4wire, there have been other's with similar problems. Here's the thread I added to, over at PBB; http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77301
Old 06-27-2004, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought Doink had one too. There is thread on Pirate going on now about this company.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BruceTS
The only bumper I really like, other than my own, is TrailCanrage's,

Steve will be heart broken when he reads this ....

Quick Reply: Kenessaw Mountain