Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapped Daystar spacers on front and replaced rears with NE

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swapped Daystar spacers on front and replaced rears with NE

I contacted Daystar after I was unhappy with my front top spacers. They seemed to sag a bit and seperate on the bolt area. After a bit of contacting they shipped me the replacement spacers. Unfortunately it took a bit longer as the they first send me the wrong spacers with the right part #, probably just a warehouse mistake. The new spacers look a bit tougher than the old ones, so I must have gotten a early set. Their service was OK, no questions asked but it took a while to get it sorted out. I also recommend phoning them as the tech service guy seems to be overloaded with emails. They paid for shipping, etc. They also supply the shipping to ship the old parts back.

So lets see how these hold up. The old ones gave me .5" less that advertised.

While I was at it, I decided to swap the rear Daystar spacers with NE spacers. The Daystar wraps around both sides of the ciol spring, while the NE fits only on the inside. The NE spacer is a LOT harder than the Daystar spacer, defintely doesn't look like it will sag. I hope that the NE spacers will not become brittle in the long run, but the material looks extremely durable so l dont think it will. As I'm an anal engineer I did notice small irregularities on the roundness and height of the NE spacers. It is still within spec to fit the spring and provide the lift, but I would prefer better molds/templates for them (OK, I said I'm anal ). What I also noticed is that I was not able to fit the stock spring cone spacers inside the NE spacer, no biggie but still a thing to remember. That accounts for .25" lost on 2" spacer, pretty much as I expected.

All in all my front is back at 2.5" and my rear at 1.75" lift. Just as I intended originally.

All I can say is that both vendors have been very responsive in the customer service department, which counts for a lot these days.

Hopefully I will get to phase 2 this year, with OME front and back. Then pending on how much lift I get from OME, spacers will be added, where NE will come in handy with custom spacers. So if all goes well I will have my 4R properly set up with lots of goodies by next Christmas!!! (It's going to break the piggie bank )

Pic below of old and new spacers for the front.

Last edited by bulldog-yota; 12-24-2004 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:41 AM

Not to bring this thread up from the dead but...

I just ordered a set of Daystar spacers from 4wp. When I received them there were no longer studs, and no nylock nuts (or any instructions for that matter). So I call 4wp, and they ask if the box looks like it may have come open during shipment (which it didn't), and they agree to send brown out to my house to pick them up for a return. After that, as I am packing them up, I look over what it is I should have received, it turns out that nothing is right. The front topout spacers should have been #3532, I got #3271; the preload spacers should be #3273, I got #3272...
WTF???
Is Daystar's QC really that bad?

I call Daystar and they confirm I got the wrong parts, but they want me to send them back to the vendor, and not to them, as their production is a few weeks out on the topouts.
So the question is what will I get when I get the replacement kit from 4wp?

The worst thing is I'm east coast, 4wp is west coast; it takes UPS 5 days to ship... ...It will be at least 2 weeks before I get what I actually ordered.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member

Maybe 4wp send you the worng stuff, don't know. Yeah it is a bit of a pain to wait, but rather make sure you get all the stuff and the right stuff before you start.

As to the instructions, look up my write-up for installation, it will save you a ton of pain. The instructions they ship with are not really helpful and makes it more difficult that you would hope.

Pending on what kit you ordered, you should expect 4 front spacers (2 coil isolators and 2 top spacer) 2 rear spacers, 6 bolts and 6 nuts for the front.

Good luck.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:37 AM

Yeah, I definitely want a complete lift kit before I start. The box I got has the correct number on it, KT09115BK; only it is missing the six bolts and six nuts, and the front spacers are the wrong ones.

I'll be referencing your write-up & others when the time comes...

BTW
Here is a sketch of what I did get... ...Just for those of you who want to know how much goes in the coil pack vs. on top. (Note: as stated above, these are not the right parts; probably from a taco or something).
Attached Thumbnails Swapped Daystar spacers on front and replaced rears with NE-daystar-spacer-1-copy.gif