Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Excursion RV...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You've got two choices. Either you bring those legs and plastic wine glasses to Colorado in exchange for good beer and whitty batner, or....

I show you something about giants.

Looks like a good project. Those switches are cool. 12volt dude does good work, I have a winch deal from him.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flygtenstein,
Seeing as I would rather self-mutilate than to have what is connected to those legs/whine glass sit in a car with me for 6 weeks straight.... I don't see that happening any time soon (sorry) Plus, I don't thing the girlfriend would appreciate it too much either. Glad to hear more good things about my switch purchase. I ended up going with the single led w/ dual colors. Should look great with my other switches that will be mounted on the rear of the box as well in the "control panel".

Ed,
I also forgot to mention that another reason why I will be attaching my accessories to my 2nd battery bank because I will not be able to use the "emergency" mode due to the fact that it takes about 1000amps to start my massive engine. I could possibly use the "emergency" mode to momentarily charge the starting batteries but I don't think I'd like that much juice traveling through my entire truck.

I also uploaded a couple pictures of the SUV Tent:

Old 07-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Flygtenstein,
Seeing as I would rather self-mutilate than to have what is connected to those legs/whine glass sit in a car with me for 6 weeks straight.... I don't see that happening any time soon (sorry)
:bigclap:
Old 07-12-2006, 09:37 AM

Heh -- sweet. Nice tent.

Yeah, I guess there are always a variety of ways to skin the proverbial cat. The way 12vguy figures is that potentially draining the 2nd battery defeats the purpose of having the "emergency" starting power switch. From my perspective, the solenoid and switch are just a simple way to isolate the batteries and make sure both get charged while the vehicle is running. If my 2nd battery (yellow top Optima) gets drained from useage then all I need to do is start the vehicle off of the first battery (red top Optima) and let it run for a while.

Nice project -- looking froward to seeing how the electronics get rigged.

Ed
Old 07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

The box construction is complete!

I first need to thank Mark (zman2day) for all of his help and expertise! I would not have been able to do this without him and his trusty tools. He used part of his vacation to come up to NC and help me out and I can't express enough how much he has done to make this project a success! :bigclap:

As far as progress goes all of the box construction is all done. The stove, inverter, outlets, batteries and storage are all in and ready to go. I'm still waiting on my _____'n battery switch which was suppose to be here this past Wednesday. Besides that all that is left is the carpeting and the rear portion is complete. As far as the drivers section the only modifications I will be doing will be the laptop/cell/CB mount which should be here this week.

Picture Gallery:Click Here

Old 07-16-2006, 05:35 PM

Looking good brother!

Aaron
Old 07-16-2006, 07:59 PM

Damn! looking good.

It's just possible that I'll have my camper here by the time you make it to bozeman. That'd be sweet as sugar.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:27 AM
Contributing Member

Looks really good! You're livin' the dream, bro.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by oly884
Damn! looking good.

It's just possible that I'll have my camper here by the time you make it to bozeman. That'd be sweet as sugar.
That would be awesome, I thought you already had one?

xc & 4yourdogs,
Thanks! It was a ton of work, but I'm happy with the outcome. The cost of the box it self was under $100 so I am quite happy.

The battery switch got here today so I have my work cut out for me!